• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleLadyWorthless

I often go by the saying "Carpe Diem" :D
Aug 23, 2019
I live in the countryside, Yorkshire, England *I took the photo today* and In 30oC heat, like the crazy woman I am, I decided to exercise my negative thoughts away, rather than reach for a razor! and I feel so good for doing that, BUT what possessed me in this darn heat, to go do a 5 mile "8.km" walk, I know it's not very far, but for me that's a BIG deal.
I feel proud of myself, and true to my Psych Dr's advice, exercise does help with making you feel better...Go me :D
Diagnosed with "Bipolar Disorder Type 1" and "Borderline Personality Disorder" which I take medication for, and I'm more stable now the dosage is correct! NEVER did I think, I'd be exercising, but I proved myself wrong:D

If I can do it, anybody can lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190824-155418_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190824-155418_Instagram.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
L

LittleLadyWorthless

I often go by the saying "Carpe Diem" :D
Aug 23, 2019
That's great! Happy for you. Exercise has also been my go-to activity to combat depression. (I actually used to be addicted to exercise, which led me to become seriously injured, and thus depressed, lol.)
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that you became injured through to much exercise, but at least nobody could ever call you unmotivated lol
I'm actually on a really big mission to lose some weight that i frustratingly gained, due to my medications I take. So, i may just become somewhat of a exercise fanatic like yourself lol
I'm aware that my weight gain, is partly to blame for my low self esteem, but after today's session, I really enjoyed it. So I know this is going to be the key, to my weight loss.
I just hope I don't injure myself with to much exercise like yourself, so I will be sure to be a little more steady lol
I hope you are able to still enjoy some form of exercise, especially since it helped you with your depression:D

Reactions: Baskol1 and sadsoul
Ermac

Ermac

Aug 20, 2019
Walking is pretty nice, fresh air and easier to clear thoughts. I prefer to walk around morning or night though because the heat can be so exhausting.

Also thanks for sharing the picture of the countryside. You must get to see a lot of beautiful scenery. Do you enjoy photography or just like to keep track of your progress with pictures?

Haven't experienced injuries myself from walking but usually from running. Have to find the correct shoes for my feet.
Anyways keep up the good work.

Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
That's great. So happy for you. It's very common and basic in pain therapy as well as common therapy. I do boxing (training), but due to an accident, crushed both arms, I had a 3y break.

Started with tai chi (martial art tai chi), extremely difficult, but wow, you get so focused, it's almost magic. After learning basic, you can use it when you need it.

sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
That's great to hear, I'm glad that you are finding ways to push out the negative thoughts. I don't run but I do go for a walk everyday in the morning and it feels so lovely! I love being around nature and seeing people with their children or walking their dogs as I smile at them :)

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Just got back from a run here. I find it does bring back some of the sensations that depression seems to deaden in me... like, I'm more appreciative of subtleties in light and I experience aromas and fragrances more fully. I get a short mood boost too, but I wouldn't say that lasts longer than 30 mins. I'm finding that prioritizing sleep and (by extension) quitting drinking are yielding good results as well

Last edited:
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Just got back from a run here. I find it does bring back some of the sensations that depression seems to deaden in me... like, I'm more appreciative of subtleties in light and I experience aromas and fragrances more fully. I get a short mood boost too, but I wouldn't say that lasts longer than 30 mins. I'm finding that prioritizing sleep and (by extension) quitting drinking are yielding good results as well
Good point. Alcohol alters brain chemistry and hormones.

Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018
Same. I'd exercise today but my city's flooded at the moment. Also decided to quit drinking and see how that affects me.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Same. I'd exercise today but my city's flooded at the moment. Also decided to quit drinking and see how that affects me.
Yesterday I got knocked off my horse (metaphorically) and made the bad decision of drinking heavily. The suicidal thoughts that had been gone for the better part of a week were back immediately even as I was drinking and everything seemed bleak again. I also slept like shit and had a headache today. Reinforced my decision to stay away... it seriously just raises the difficulty level for me in a game where I'm already getting my ass kicked

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I have treatment resistant, persistent MDD and I find when I train (I box) it's the only time I'm able to focus on anything other than my own pain and my death. I wouldn't say I'm able to feel joy when I train but it definitely helps as much as anything can these days.

Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018
I walk a lot on my job, and that always helps me keep the negative thoughts at bay. I have bad days, but since I quit drinking, those days still aren't as bad as they used to be.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
P

Pezballs

Sep 4, 2019
I live in the countryside, Yorkshire, England *I took the photo today* and In 30oC heat, like the crazy woman I am, I decided to exercise my negative thoughts away, rather than reach for a razor! and I feel so good for doing that, BUT what possessed me in this darn heat, to go do a 5 mile "8.km" walk, I know it's not very far, but for me that's a BIG deal.
I feel proud of myself, and true to my Psych Dr's advice, exercise does help with making you feel better...Go me :D
Diagnosed with "Bipolar Disorder Type 1" and "Borderline Personality Disorder" which I take medication for, and I'm more stable now the dosage is correct! NEVER did I think, I'd be exercising, but I proved myself wrong:D

[/QUOTE
Good for you, I find exercise one of the only calming things in life

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018

What kind of meds do you take
This is my diagnosis
That's great! Happy for you. Exercise has also been my go-to activity to combat depression. (I actually used to be addicted to exercise, which led me to become seriously injured, and thus depressed, lol.)
Love the avatar
Are you a rage against the machine fan
Or just a pyro (:

P

paul29

Jun 3, 2019
I'm most interested in the fact that you exercised in heat...

I did Bikram Yoga for years. No other yoga did the same thing. I always suspected the heat and humidity helped me more than the yoga.

Now I spend literally hours in the steam room of my building - I'm lucky to have access to one - and I even sometimes bring weights in there to do lifting.

After an hour or so, I go through this intense burping. I stay in the sauna as long as the burping lasts. When it's over, I shower and leave, feeling and looking better than ever.

I've suspected that the heat and the humidity are core to my recovery. I'd wonder if what you're describing is in the same vein.