T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
At night, everything gets worse for me. My anxiety, stress, worries about life, suicidal thoughts, etc. All of it gets worse as the sun sets and the moon rises.

I would be willing to bet it's due to the lack of things happening and I don't have daily distractions at night so the mind wanders but it doesn't make it any easier.

It's so fucking annoying, but I'm glad I have here that I can just speak what's actually on my mind.

Ever since I've been single, everything has just gotten even worse though. It's like now that I have no one in my life that I truly confide in, I'm truly alone now. Hell, when me and my ex were together, I always knew she was a call away, or if she was staying the night, she was in my room in my bed, and I could just go in there. Now, I don't have that same luxury.

Sometimes I really wish I could get the guts to end it all but I guess I can't. Maybe my purpose in life is yet to be fulfilled, who knows.

(I tried to post this last night but I kept getting "rate limited" for some reason)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Unknown21, attell4, EndJstifiesTheMeans and 5 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Time to start training your body to go to sleep by 9pm and be up by 6am lol.

Reactions: Erik.t.f and HAKMKS
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do understand that it really can be so tiring feeling trapped with your own thoughts, I find it dreadful how existing here can very easily just get worse. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: Erik.t.f
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I like the nights and always have. For me I've always been happier though with anxiety it does tend to increase a bit when I'm all alone. I've forced myself to be addicted with sleep calls to always have someone there in case I get scared or something. Sounds pathetic but I just really NEED that.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I'm the opposite, I love the night!

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
My anxiety actually decreases at night. Mornings and afternoons are terrible for me.

J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
I'm the opposite. Morning and daytime is hideous. As it gets darker I feel less anxious.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Me too...so I wear my sunglasses at nite 🎵

lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
I'm the same way, but not with night time. Its the early morning for me. Those few hours after waking up are SO hard to push through most days.

• Hugs
Reactions: delora
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Wow, I wasn't aware so many people had it better at night. I guess I'm an oddball here haha.
Time to start training your body to go to sleep by 9pm and be up by 6am lol.
Maybe lol, my sleep schedule is pretty messed up.
I'm the same way, but not with night time. Its the early morning for me. Those few hours after waking up are SO hard to push through most days.
See, I'm just fine in the mornings, it's strange. I'm relatively good in the morning, but occasionally, some nights are dreadful.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
Nights are rough for me. Alone in the apartment and in my bed completely alone. Makes my mind race and I can't sleep.

lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
Wow, I wasn't aware so many people had it better at night. I guess I'm an oddball here haha.

Maybe lol, my sleep schedule is pretty messed up.

See, I'm just fine in the mornings, it's strange. I'm relatively good in the morning, but occasionally, some nights are dreadful.
Do you happen to stay up late most nights? I feel like it hits me in the mornings more because when I get home, I don't have the energy to stay awake much longer to think about much.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I get the anxieties getting worse at night and the being alone. When I get so bad at night I have to be sure I'm not communicating with anyone because I am freaking out really bad. It causes me to overreact to everything. It's how I feel, but I am not good for people at that time..

Then I either have to remind myself to take my sleep meds before 10 or suffer through it. If I suffer through it I will stay up all night because I want to slow tomorrow from coming.

Each day is a chance for me to get hurt…

Toxinebulaic

Toxinebulaic

winter is coming
Aug 2, 2023
At night, everything gets worse for me. My anxiety, stress, worries about life, suicidal thoughts, etc. All of it gets worse as the sun sets and the moon rises.

I would be willing to bet it's due to the lack of things happening and I don't have daily distractions at night so the mind wanders but it doesn't make it any easier.

God, I know exactly what you mean.

It's always those late nights when I simply can't go to sleep that feel like water draining in and slowly flooding my room until it's full and I can't breathe anymore.

I just lie there, asphyxiating in my thoughts of self loathing. It's overwhelming. That's when the s/h begins, and every time I raise the knife to my throat, thinking about how easy it would be to slit it if it weren't so impossible to get over the SI.

You and me both need to get a better sleep schedule.

Good luck on your end.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Part of it is that blue light is destroying your health. Fix your circadian rhythm.

delora

delora

Lola (she/her)
Jun 5, 2023
I'm the opposite too. Ever since I can remember, the moments I feel most at peace are at night — when everything is quiet, everyone else is asleep.

I'm the same way, but not with night time. Its the early morning for me. Those few hours after waking up are SO hard to push through most days

And ah, I relate so hard to this sentence. It doesn't even matter if I sleep in and wake up late, I always wake up feeling anxious and with a weird sense of dread. The first few hours of my day are usually the most difficult. I'm not sure why.

Reactions: lokabe82
lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
I'm the opposite too. Ever since I can remember, the moments I feel most at peace are at night — when everything is quiet, everyone else is asleep.

And ah, I relate so hard to this sentence. It doesn't even matter if I sleep in and wake up late, I always wake up feeling anxious and with a weird sense of dread. The first few hours of my day are usually the most difficult. I'm not sure why.
I'm not sure why either. I just woke up maybe 10 minutes ago and I'm trying not to lose my mind. Nothing feels right.

• Hugs
Reactions: delora
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Do you happen to stay up late most nights? I feel like it hits me in the mornings more because when I get home, I don't have the energy to stay awake much longer to think about much.
Yeah I do, not by my own choice though. I could go lay in bed but then I'm just laying there, unable to sleep. Even if I'm really busy, I can't go to bed, and if I do happen to go to sleep earlier, it only lasts for an hour or so and then I wake up to.
God, I know exactly what you mean.

It's always those late nights when I simply can't go to sleep that feel like water draining in and slowly flooding my room until it's full and I can't breathe anymore.

I just lie there, asphyxiating in my thoughts of self loathing. It's overwhelming. That's when the s/h begins, and every time I raise the knife to my throat, thinking about how easy it would be to slit it if it weren't so impossible to get over the SI.

You and me both need to get a better sleep schedule.

Good luck on your end.
Good luck to you as well. I feel somewhat similarly, just less extreme and I don't SH.

Also, I'll eventually have to fix my sleep schedule to get up earlier for college some days, and I applied to be a substitute teacher, which will require me to be at public schools around 7:00-7:30 AM. I'll have to get up around 6 AM to get ready, and ideally I'll be asleep by 9 or 10 PM the day before.