throughtheglass

throughtheglass

oof
Nov 28, 2020
My parents blame me for being ungrateful after my mother found my suicide note. I was talking with my friend and told him about that. And you know what? He blocked me. I got my SN and I'm thinking about ending things in the near future. Fuck this shit, I just want to die in peace.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers, InterstateFlowers, Pookie and 7 others
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Same happened to me. My mom said I should be ashamed for leaving debt behind and most friends blocked me after talking suicidal. Its rough but it also make wanting to leave a bit easier for me . Wish you the best!

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, InterstateFlowers, AprilsBlessings and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, your friend sucks. I would never do that to a friend. I mean, a normal friend would AT LEAST activate their "pro-lifer mode" and try to save you.

Anyway, hope you can find peace soon. My family sucks so I understand your pain.

Hugs

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, AprilsBlessings, Isadeth and 4 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
If you feel comfortable answering this: why does your mother think that you are ungrateful - is it something specific?

Also it is very hurtful when someone that you care about, and who you think cares about you, suddenly cuts you off.

Reactions: Ramirez
S

SirChuxAlot

Jan 16, 2019
I am so sorry your parents have treated you in this manner, they should be taking your feelings and the pain you feel seriously! The fact your friend abandoned you in your time of need, shows they were never a true friend at all. Even amongst my own pain and sorrow, I fight through it and stand for those I care about.

Know you are not alone though and we are all here for you if ever need to talk or get things off your chest!

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Ramirez and demuic
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I can relate. In a similar situation right now, myself. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
The amount of ignorance and lack of empathy in this world is so sad and disturbing.

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
My parents blame me for being ungrateful after my mother found my suicide note. I was talking with my friend and told him about that. And you know what? He blocked me. I got my SN and I'm thinking about ending things in the near future. Fuck this shit, I just want to die in peace.
Throughtheeglass
Some parents dont want to be the parent with a mentally ill child hence lash out and make the crisis about them. It easier to blame rather than listen. Your mum sounds like my mum.

When my mum saw my self harm scars she screamed at me and called me " Stupid" and " attention seeking " and she said"cover your arm at school because i don't want social services involved "

She was screaming the house down . She was furious.

I was 17 at the time
My mum didnt want to listen about why i self harmed.

When i went to hospital and was questioned about the scars on my arm.

She told the doctors how she works with mentally ill people and said she was shocked at my self harming. The way she was talking to the doctor she pretending to be a concerned parent

It was disgusting

Real friends don't leave thier friends when are in a crisis. A true friend is always there for you in times of difficulty.

The fact a friend blocked you when you told them your suicidal reveals thier true character . You dont need such a person like that in your life.

I told one of my close friends i was suicidal and i really helped this friend when they were having problems at university. I am black female and my friend is a black female .

My friend said my depression is because i am feminist . She went further to say depression is not real and" people in Africa dont in depression it is only a problem in the west"
My friend a couple of weeks later asked if i a ok now
I said no
She said " still you are depressed"
After graduating my friend stopped talking to me.

People get surprised when a loved one kills themselves however the whole time these were the same people who never wanted to listen when their loved ones in pain.
What annoys me is when someone kills themselves the parents go on tv and talk about their childs suicide.
All i could ask myself seeing the parents on the tv
" Did you really listen to your child all the times they were upset"

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I'm sorry. You don't deserve that type of treatment. Especially from those closest to you.

What about your note did she find selfish or just the possibility of the act in general?

For your friend to block you after revealing something so personal and vulnerable is really upsetting. I have a friend that stopped all contact with me too after I was vulnerable with her. I can't tell you how much I cried because I really thought I had a real friend who wasn't just online. I even tried to extend an olive branch of communication and purchased her and her husband a gift for Christmas and left it at her house. Not even a thank you.

I'm sorry you feel so alone. You can always message me if you'd like. Xx

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
What kind of a "friend" is that? Sorry you're dealing with this.

Reactions: Isadeth