knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
I felt very weak and dizzy because I haven't eaten for 5 days straight, I got really pale and wobbly and my friends were with me, we went to get lunch but they start lecturing me about taking care of myself. I know they worry but i can't bring myself to care. I just find it annoying. They were saying if I'm really uninterested in what they have to say, they won't make me eat lunch, but I just ignored them, I didn't know how to reply. Eventually, we got some food and I bit into my sandwich and I started crying?? I don't know why, but my eyes got all watery and I just fell into my friend and started crying pretty badly. It was so embarrassing and a few people were looking at me and my other friends were just staring not knowing what to do. But the thing is, I don't even know why I cried?? That makes me think my emotions are stupid and unreasonable. It felt good to cry but I don't think I'll let it happen again

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lynx., GreenTree, ChronicallyCynical and 3 others
DoomerPrince

DoomerPrince

The eternal survivor
Aug 15, 2023
i don't think your emotions are stupid, it sounds that you're don't know what you're feeling and it's complex. i'm sure there is a reason behind it and i recommend you to go to a therapist, they will help you to understand your feelings and i'm telling from expirence.
wish you best and luck:heart:

edit: is this chiaki in your profile pic?

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Homo erectus and knydane
knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
i don't think your emotions are stupid, it sounds that you're don't know what you're feeling and it's complex. i'm sure there is a reason behind it and i recommend you to go to a therapist, they will help you to understand your feelings and i'm telling from expirence.
wish you best and luck:heart:

edit: is this chiaki in your profile pic?
YEYSYEYEYEY IT IS CHIAKI!! She's one of my favourite characters! And thank you for the advice <3

• Love
Reactions: DoomerPrince and Homo erectus
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
3 people have not noticed your title so far

Reactions: knydane
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
very sorry. i read that wrong
thought it said emoticons. i get little sleep. i don't read very well

• Yay!
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and knydane
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
i read your post. i don't know your before story. i'm sad for you.

ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
I felt very weak and dizzy because I haven't eaten for 5 days straight, I got really pale and wobbly and my friends were with me, we went to get lunch but they start lecturing me about taking care of myself. I know they worry but i can't bring myself to care. I just find it annoying. They were saying if I'm really uninterested in what they have to say, they won't make me eat lunch, but I just ignored them, I didn't know how to reply. Eventually, we got some food and I bit into my sandwich and I started crying?? I don't know why, but my eyes got all watery and I just fell into my friend and started crying pretty badly. It was so embarrassing and a few people were looking at me and my other friends were just staring not knowing what to do. But the thing is, I don't even know why I cried?? That makes me think my emotions are stupid and unreasonable. It felt good to cry but I don't think I'll let it happen again
Here's the thing. Sometimes lifestyle - including diet - can impact your mood. The body and brain are complex after all, and your mental and physical state are interlinked. Not eating for five days can be really taxing on the body, which can in return mess up your emotional state, sometimes in weird ways, and sometimes with delayed effect.

While their nagging I'm sure is frustrating -- I don't like being lectured by my flatmate on what I should eat and how I should live either --, your diet might (I'm not saying that it is, but it could) be affecting your overall mood and mood stability. The apathy is understandable, especially when mood and energy are down, and it does tend to come with the desire to not want to live.

It does suck that it often results in undesirable and hard-to-explain reactions.

I don't think it's something you need to be embarrassed about - emotions can be a volatile thing -, but it's not my place to say. It might be cathartic to cry, especially after a period of numbness or an inability to express emotions, vent, or say anything. I can't guarantee that it won't happen again; but maybe a little bit of mandatory self-care, however miserable it is, might temper the fluctuations in your emotions and allow you slightly more stability.

---

I do wish we were not so limited by our physical bodies, but alas, life is not so generous.

---

And, as others have mentioned, emotions are complicated. A health professional might be able to give you advice on how to stabilise them, and treat your mood.

---

There may be other reasons for crying upon biting into food after a long period of not eating, but since I don't really know your fool situation, it's hard to guess. And thus hard to give advice to. Seeing a professional would probably help more though, so yeah, take the advice of the peeps above. I can only guess based on my limited knowledge.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
They are. Especially considering the fact that they're just chemical reactions in our brains, yet cause us so much suffering

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and knydane
DoomerPrince

DoomerPrince

The eternal survivor
Aug 15, 2023
YEYSYEYEYEY IT IS CHIAKI!! She's one of my favourite characters! And thank you for the advice <3
i litearlly cried when she died, it was so sad