• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
Blunt force punches to the heart!

When I started getting really tired of life I started punching my heart in hopes of my heart getting injured and stopping. I know it sounds dumb, but it was based on a clip from a movie I saw decades ago where a paper boy threw a rolled newpaper towards a resident coming out of his house, hitting him directly in his heart by accident from which he died. I started wondering whether that was realistic, so I researched and stumbled upon this:

"Commotio cordis most commonly results from an impact to the left chest with a hardball (e.g., a baseball) during sports activity. The sudden focal distortion of the myocardium results in ventricular fibrillation, causing sudden cardiac arrest in an otherwise structurally normal heart."

I have punched my own chest hundreds of times since, but without success of course. It sounds dumb thinking about it, but...

Do you think this could become a wellstudied method if the right angle is studied or maybe a punching machine built for it? Therecis also something of a death punch in martial arts, right?

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
It is INCREDIBLY rare. It has to be a very high impact force at exactly the right time in the cardiac cycle. It almost exclusively happens in athletes due to the amount of force it would take. You would not be able to replicate that amount of force with your own arms, and if you found a way to reach the correct amount it still would be purely up to beyond slim odds as to whether or not it was timed right.
"The contact occurs during ventricular repolarization, specifically during the upstroke of the T-wave before its peak. If the impact occurs later than this, it is more likely to result in a transient complete heart block, left bundle branch block, or ST-segment elevation. While this period occupies only about 1% of the cardiac cycle, the relative proportion is increased with increasing heart rate, as may occur during exercise." This is from the same article you quoted. You'd have more luck with just about anything else.