Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
In this thread we will talk about the various drugs used in psychiatry and their effects or properties but it is also fine to talk about illegal drugs even if I opened it thinking more about meds, anything psychoactive is fine.

Obviously, as this is the recovery section, we won't talk about how to kill yourself with these drugs but rather about our experiences with them and how they work in general.

Has anyone tried Spravato?

Last edited:
Reactions: eatantz, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
At the moment my do-it-yourself therapeutic regime, given that I am not followed by anyone, is paroxetine, sertraline, mirtazapine and sometimes cariprazine at various doses depending on the day. If I tend to feel down I go up otherwise I try to keep the dosage lower, these are 3 antidepressants and 1 antipsychotic, two of the antidep are of the same class but with some differences between them.

Then I help myself calm down with benzodiazepines of various types, sometimes I use kratom and consume a lot of nicotine and caffeine.

Regarding nicotine I must say that it calms but increases depression a little, I don't know how much it is worth it in the long run, I don't care much about the damage since I'm suicidal but as alternatives to the traditional cigarette I have ecig and nicotine gum.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I don't do drugs

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Dark Moon and DeIetedUser4739
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
YEAH! DRUG THREAD!!
9e7bdad84b85af6c8c21505efd3a1ff0.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: lita-lassi, ham and potatoes, Makoto and 6 others
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Not even medicines?
I drink a lot of coffee (and tea), if that counts. Gotta get my caffeine fix. I've taken Buspar, propranolol, Ritalin and Adderall before, but I don't take anything anymore. My psychiatrist wanted to put me on SSRIs but I declined, and my depression went away on its own. I didn't need any meds for it. I think I probably need to start my ADHD meds again though because I've been in a state of collapse

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
I pushed back against drugs for a long time, not wanting to lose part of myself, but to cope with being in the workforce I eventually tried and it has mostly gone well. They started me on pristiq first, and I didn't care for that, but Prozac + Wellbutrin has largely helped with keeping my emotions - and more importantly my anxiety - manageable. I honestly am never quite sure what the meds are actually doing vs. what is a result of me numbing out a bit as I get older, but I do think I have grown as a person since going on them, for one reason or another. Ritalin as needed for "focus," and I think I've already adjusted to that to the point where it doesn't help. Plus I just end up "focusing" on stuff like long posts on here.

Reactions: eatantz
lomorbu

lomorbu

the stars are already dead
Jun 16, 2024
I mostly smoke weed. I used to be on various antidepressants but I never really saw any results other than brain fog and oversleeping (maybe lexapro and wellbutrin was two of them). I used to vape nicotine, occasionally will smoke a CBD cigarette. Drugs are very easy to get where I live, outside of ADHD medication. I know people have interesting experiences with psychedelics but I've grown out of being interested, sometimes I think about trying Ketamine since it's so easy to find it both from a clinic or the street.

edit: I enjoyed poppers

burntboy

burntboy

Jun 13, 2024
currently on lithium + vortioxetine for a couple of months. can't say they've made a huge difference but it's a difference nonetheless. used to take escitalopram but didn't work out with me so i quit and switched to the current regimen.
as far as non-therapeutical drugs go, i used to drink and smoke cigs a lot but been sober for about a month. it's been hard but it's not like i have a choice. also had some experiences with smoking and eating weed. got hooked on that for a while but stopped as i had no means to get it.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
I pushed back against drugs for a long time, not wanting to lose part of myself, but to cope with being in the workforce I eventually tried and it has mostly gone well. They started me on pristiq first, and I didn't care for that, but Prozac + Wellbutrin has largely helped with keeping my emotions - and more importantly my anxiety - manageable. I honestly am never quite sure what the meds are actually doing vs. what is a result of me numbing out a bit as I get older, but I do think I have grown as a person since going on them, for one reason or another. Ritalin as needed for "focus," and I think I've already adjusted to that to the point where it doesn't help. Plus I just end up "focusing" on stuff like long posts on here.
Maybe less ritalin? Or a different stimulant? I've tried a handful and they all feel different.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
Fuck SSRIs. That's all I have to say.

Reactions: thealteredmind and DeIetedUser4739
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
Just my medicine only, I've never taken the illegal drugs.

Reactions: sserafim
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
5-meo-dmt and shrooms (NOT taken simultaneously ofc) are the best things life can offer.

…oh, we were talking about medicine drugs?

well, fuck neuroleptics they can cripple you real bad and these damn psychiatrists never give you a warning.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, Makoto and thealteredmind
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
fuck neuroleptics they can cripple you real bad
I've heard about this from other people, but I've been on olanzapine for nearly 6 years now and it hasn't affected me cognitively in any way I can notice.
The only physical effect has been gaining 30 kg of weight, thankfully I was nearly underweight before.
I was put on it after I had a manic psychotic episode.
Sometimes I think I must be taking placebo or something, but whenever I try to quit I get hypomanic, meaning I can only sleep for 2 hours after staying up for 2 days, and my thoughts race like crazy.
Also my appetite disappears completely when I try to quit, I can only eat half a meal a day before I feel like I'm going to throw up, and someone said online that this has been permanent even after they managed to quit olanzapine.
So I haven't been able to quit, but on the other hand it hasn't fucked me up in any major way yet, so 🤷‍♀️

houseofleaves

houseofleaves

Jan 14, 2022
The only physical effect has been gaining 30 kg of weight
well right here is what i was talking about. it's a blessing you were underweight and i'm very glad it works for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: tary
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Fuck SSRIs. That's all I have to say.
Even wellbutrin, with DXM? Benzos? Propanolol? Off-label stuff like naltrexone? Esketamine/ketamine? Mushrooms? Sativa? Good luck💛

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
Even wellbutrin, with DXM? Benzos? Propanolol? Off-label stuff like naltrexone? Esketamine/ketamine? Mushrooms? Sativa? Good luck💛
I can't tell whether I'm brain dead from sleep deprivation or what you said is incomprehensible

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I can't tell whether I'm brain dead from sleep deprivation or what you said is incomprehensible
Lol probably the latter. You said screw anti-depressants so I just listed off other drugs that you could try that were not antidepressants, besides the wellbutrin. DXM is dextromethorphan that is newly approved for depression btw.
Hope I sound less brain dead now :/

• Love
Reactions: Makoto
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I'm increasing the dosages of the various antidepressants a little to see if the suicidal ideation goes away, the depression goes away a little and a kind of emotional anesthesia sets in but the will to live doesn't return.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I'm curious to try clonazepam, it seems to be a benzodiazepine that also works as an anti-obsessive, to tell the truth I'm more interested in CTB but let's see.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I'm curious to try clonazepam, it seems to be a benzodiazepine that also works as an anti-obsessive, to tell the truth I'm more interested in CTB but let's see.
It's worth experiencing. It's magical how fast anxiety can just go away by popping a pill.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
It's worth experiencing. It's magical how fast anxiety can just go away by popping a pill.
Oh God, I noticed that it gives me a good mood as well as sedation, in fact among the common side effects there is euphoria, has it saved my life, at least for now? We will see.

Now I want to experiment with Paracodin.

G

Gratefulcorpse

Aug 20, 2019
I stopped taking psychiatric medication at the end of February and now I just smoke lots of cigarettes, a bit of weed and take dxm occasionally. But once upon a time I was on wellbutrin, midazolam, lexapro, clozapine, lithium, amitriptyline, seroquel, abilify, xanax, klonopin, diazepam, dormonoct, escitalopram, ritalin, ativan, and some I forgot. Some of these drugs made me gain weight some killed my appetite but they were fun here and there. I sure wish I had a chance to try adderall but since I'm in South Africa that is not possible. I used to also take crystal meth but It was quite heavy on my health to be honest. The new psychiatric medication with dxm has not reached South Africa yet, I doubt it is in any African country but I could be wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: houseofleaves
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
i used to smoke weed when i was a teenager, but it gave me really bad psychosis so i stopped only a year after starting. ive done acid around that same time as well.
im not on any meds
ive gotten into poppers recently, but theyre only good when i'm drunk.

im thinking about trying shrooms, tho im a little worried another psychedelic will onset the psychosis again. even just the poppers has given me back some rly mild hallucinations. but i know how to deal with it if it gets bad again, so its not a big deal. i really just need that drug euphoria. drinking has been doing the trick though. that floaty, cheerful mood i wake up with the day after a successful night of social drinking is the best thing i feel lately.

goodnightmiku

goodnightmiku

Feb 21, 2023
I wish they would give me benzos, only thing thats ever worked for me but Im in a state with high addiction issues so they refuse it to me. Ketamine treatments are godsent but i cant afford it anymore. Ive been using kratom just to numb at all. I wish i could just get what i need to live comfortably so annoying.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
5-meo-dmt and shrooms (NOT taken simultaneously ofc) are the best things life can offer.
I've done shrooms in the past, but that was when I was in much better mental place.
I would kinda like to do them again, as I've heard it can help with depression, plus it was fun.
But at the same time, I feel like going into it while in a bad headspace is just an awful idea.
Thoughs?

houseofleaves

houseofleaves

Jan 14, 2022
I've done shrooms in the past, but that was when I was in much better mental place.
I would kinda like to do them again, as I've heard it can help with depression, plus it was fun.
But at the same time, I feel like going into it while in a bad headspace is just an awful idea.
Thoughs?
Sorry mate, i would love to help, but i'm no expert. You have to listen to your thoughts and make a decision and/or consult someone who is more knowledgeable. For example, one time shrooms told me i will never be the person i want to be and that i'm better off killing myself in hope to reincarnate as someone else (btw, this wasn't painful or emotionally damaging at all, quite an enjoyable experience tbh). Be gentle with yourself and take necessary precautions. Sending you lots of love ❤️

Reactions: ham and potatoes
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Oh God, I noticed that it gives me a good mood as well as sedation, in fact among the common side effects there is euphoria, has it saved my life, at least for now? We will see.

Now I want to experiment with Paracodin.
You shouldn't be taking them often cuz they're known to have the worst withdrawals and tolerance build up out of any psych drug. Not joking about it, you can have a seizure just 1 day after quitting. Worse than opioids.

It's better to take an extended release tab if you're gonna take it often, or long acting benzos. Personally I'd limit to once a week, but you can call any random pharmacy if you want more specific info.

I heard narcs are nicer than benzos feeling wise.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
You shouldn't be taking them often cuz they're known to have the worst withdrawals and tolerance build up out of any psych drug. Not joking about it, you can have a seizure just 1 day after quitting. Worse than opioids.

It's better to take an extended release tab if you're gonna take it often, or long acting benzos. Personally I'd limit to once a week, but you can call any random pharmacy if you want more specific info.

I heard narcs are nicer than benzos feeling wise.
I'm not taking it every day, let's say I alternate with various benzos and try to stay with the lowest doses possible.