siasweetheart

siasweetheart

⋅˚₊‧ 𐙚 ‧₊˚ ⋅ sia ⋅˚₊‧ 𐙚 ‧₊˚ ⋅
Mar 18, 2024
hi everyone!

this will be a very niche post that i have no direction at all to answer.

within the next few months my best friend and i plan to catch a plane to a different place and commit suicide together. is there any way to ensure less/if any media coverage? she and i really just want to die peacefully together. i worry so much about my parents being bombarded with embarrassment if my suicide is heavily covered.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Is it going to be anything "spectacular"? Yeah, double suicides might catch the media's attention, especially on a slow news day. Not really much you can do about it. I don't know how the media is in the place (country) you intend to fly to. Really hard to say. Doubt they would be pounding on your family's door, though, but like anything else, one never knows.

Reactions: Forveleth
AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
I think the best way to limit media coverage is to find a place where your suicide will be hard to find. If your near a town for example, it will show up in the news more than likely because they may think its a town member originally, but if you are out on a beautiful cliff in the middle of nowhere, the potential to be found and additionally it being part of the news greatly decreases. I think about this scenario quite often.

MapleSyrupVein

MapleSyrupVein

Flower One
May 26, 2024
i think as long as it's nothing crazy and you aren't gonna be chalked as missing or anything ^^ i hope you two safe travel <33