• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Does this forum benefit you in some way?

• Yes.

Votes: 878 95.9%
  • No.

Votes: 38 4.1%

• Total voters
A

Aplev

Oct 16, 2021
Pretty much what a lot of people have already said: I can talk about a lot of stuff that I can't talk about in other places (online too) because I get hate and judgment from other people. I am by no means perfect but I still like to openly talk about my ideas and find like-minded people, and that's very hard to do pretty much everywhere else. In that sense, I feel venting here makes my life more bearable (I stopped trying after failing so much, so I am trying to survive for whatever is left of my life).

dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
absolutely. id be a LOT more actively suicidal if i had to hide it. id probably be dead already if i didnt have a space to talk about it with others. you mention suicidal feelings to absolutely anyone outside this site & suddenly youre on their secret suicide watch for years.

goldenvirginia

goldenvirginia

Sep 16, 2021
I didn't cast a vote as i couldn't say either yes or no. This site helped me enormously during the lowest point of my life. But now i'm in recovery I can see the pitfalls too.

L

Lost_5oul

Displaced Soul
Mar 1, 2024
Suicide is a taboo topic, most people go years, decades even. Bottling up their thoughts to themselves because they don't have a support system, or worse their support system will turn on them 'How could you be so selfish?'

this forum serves several purposes for me. Firstly it shows me I'm not alone, that my feelings of exhaustion with life are not mine alone. (Validation.)

Secondly, to actually discuss the trauma, struggles insecurities. . . ETC| with other like minded individuals without worrying about judgement or gossip.

Third but not least, finally a place on the internet where I can say my truth without having some ignorant asshole blatantly spout out some b.s. just to make me feel better. (Does it get better? I've been waiting 12 years and it's only gotten worse. .)

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
Without this forum I would be completely alone. Mentally , I don't have anyone else I can discuss these issues with in my personal life. People are dismissive , and rude🙄
And the just don't care
I didn't cast a vote as i couldn't say either yes or no. This site helped me enormously during the lowest point of my life. But now i'm in recovery I can see the pitfalls too.
I think the question is whether you think people have a right to "die? "
The same way they have a right to " live "

Reactions: StarryEyed
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
If this site didn't exist I'd probably be making my incoherent rants more public or at least at my irl friends who'd ultimately feel compelled to put me in a prison or something after a while so yes I find this site quite necessary. Even when I've taken breaks from the site, the fact that it's here waiting for me was still enough to keep me going sometimes.
Same, if this site didn't exist as ironic as it is I wouldn't exist today. Nobody wants to here depressed people complaining all the time, even if they are people close to you, eventually they get fed up.
So this site makes me feel safe, understood and cared about

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I definitely benefit from this site.
I found this place during a bad episode, and found comfort in the kind words of like minded people. People who understood and accepted me without telling me all that pro life shit.
It still helps me to come here during bad times. I have obligations that force me to stay alive, so I dont usually have intent, but just being able to talk and vent with people who feel the same helps me calm down. I did look at methods here because the way my mind works I feel better knowing I have options, even if I dont really have the intent. But thats not why I'm normally here.
I even hang out during my good times, like now. Even if I'm not feeling particularly bad, I enjoy everyones company here more than like facebook and the rest of the internet. I spend most my time on off topic or recovery. During my good times I like to be here to give kind words of encouragement to those in the recovery section, and sometimes stop by the suicide discussion side to give those there empathy and wishes for peace.
I have benefited greatly from this site and I appreciate all the kind souls here who are brave enough to tell their stories and share their experiences and emotions.
I wish for everyone here to find their peace, however that may be. Thank you all ❤️

Last edited:
hug

hug

Apr 12, 2024
Hi everyone. Just out of curiousity, a while ago there was a report about this forum where the CEO of the Canadian Mental Health Association said that "[...]there is no value to this site, it doesn't benefit anyone - in fact it does quite the opposite[...]", defending the position that this forum shouldn't exist and it made me curious, is that true? Like, that person is obviously talking down to us, over us, pretending they know what we want, when they claim this forum doesn't benefit anyone despite there being clearly a demand for website like this one, right. And it seems to me people are making an account and participating here voluntarily, so I'd assume there must be some value to this website for the people who are using it. It's also important to fact-check these claims given this person seems to speak for the CMHA and it would be interesting to know if these people even remotely understand what goes on in the minds of suicidal people, if they understand what our needs and desires are and how we want society to treat us.

It seems to me these people think want to be treated like children and have other people decide what we're allowed to see and research online and what decisions we're allowed to make while I do think that people who use this forum want some degree of autonomy and a right to make their decisions regarding their own welfare and decide for themselves how they want to live this life and when they want to leave. That's how I want society to treat me, I found this forum in 2018 when I was in need for information to make my own decisions and a supportive community and I didn't agree with these experts that other people should have a right to tell me, as an autonomous adult, what I'm supposed to see online and which decisions I make for my own life, concerning my own welfare, are valid and appropiate and which aren't. I think these are deeply personal decisions and essentially nobody's business but mine. And I have a feeling that's echoed by a majority of people in this community.

So let's solve this dilemma. What do you think? I'd be curious to hear your opinion, feel free to explain your position in the comments below.
I believe that people, in this world, live inside their heads trying to understand other people's heads, but instead of trying to understand, they end up judging. I was like that with my brother for a long time, now I understand that for you to authentically understand a person you must make a sacrifice, I made that sacrifice for him, when no one did, this site shows how people understand each other. but I believe that for many people who are not us, dying is not an option. It's as if we were ghosts that we can talk to someone and suddenly disappear.

B

Brownieee_24

Apr 14, 2024
Yes. But I find a roadblock in all my options.

No ways to get opiates.
Difficult to buy pure Nitrogen and Helium with business.
CO2 from coal in vehicle isn't guaranteed.

I jus want a peaceful and painless transition.

• Hugs
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
Genuinely, I come here when I want to end it because I know this place will stop me. I read people's sad stories and I feel seen. I feel like I can go on a little longer.

J

justlikeus

Apr 5, 2024
I learned a few methods here that are interesting. But at the end I will keep on going the inert gas way that I learned from the PPH

• Hugs
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I'm able to relate to other users on this site more than I can to most on other sites, but also this is the only place I can be completely honest. If I were to say anywhere else how I really feel about life, I'd just get called a spoiled brat (hence my username) or something similar, and given unhelpful positivity.

E

eternapeace

Sep 10, 2022
I had been feeling suicidal late 2022 and for the first few months of 2023 and it was during that time I had registered at and frequented SaSu.

Today I wanted to re-read some threads I had saved the link to, but was getting an error that I could not access the website. And I panicked before discovering that there had been a domain name change from sanctioned-suicide.net to sanctioned-suicide.net. I panicked because if I had decided to ctb today, all the resources of how to ctb properly and the comfort of being around other people in a similar mental state and being able to read their thoughts and interact with them would be gone.

While I frequented the ctb side of SaSu and don't have personal experience with the recovery forums, I'm sure the recovery forums have helped many people reconsider living and helped them figure out what to do/how to live.

SaSu doesn't force a choice to live or die, but provides resources and forums to help us whatever the decision may be.

So yes, to be explicit, this site is a gem and big thanks to those keeping the site up and running as well as the members who share comfort and knowledge.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
L

limerance1

This is where I long to be; La Isla Bonita
May 11, 2023
I am comforted by the fact that there are like-minded people in the world who face suicidal thoughts, knowing that I'm not truly alone.
Basically this. It's about feeling understood and the shared human suffering that all of us go through. For regular people, wanting to die on a daily basis is unfathomable. It's hard for them to contemplate it, let alone understand it. So I find this place as a kind of sanctuary - a sanctuary where I'm allowed to be miserable. A sanctuary where I'm allowed to choose death over life.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
HeavensOpenDoor

HeavensOpenDoor

Jul 6, 2020
The site is beneficial indeed, the people on here, not so much. It seems like most people, not all, are just mad at the world and need someone, or something to blame for why they feel the way they do. Perpetual victims. I'm in the minority group of people who believe that I'm not a victim and that there is an afterlife, and that death is just part of life, and not the end.

I understand that the world is hard and sucks a lot, but, it is what it is. I just respectfully don't wish to participate, but I'm not mad, and no grudges. People on here are just so angry. You can feel the energy through the screen dam near. It's like the kid who gets kicked out of class, and trashes everything on their way out. Like bro, just leave quietly lol all the extra stuff isn't necessary.

I love the site tho. ❤️ Glad to see it's back up!!💪🏼

B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
I don't know that anything really helps me. I'm fucked up, would love to die tonight, thinking of shoving a wine glass into my throat, let my my bitch mother find me.

sirciroc

sirciroc

Feb 4, 2024
Very late to the party and no one will ever see it but hey. Fuck it

This place lets me vent. Truly vent the way that I want to. The things I want to shout and scream and tell my family and friends but can't cause I'd look crazy or they'd be so concerned and then I'd feel like a bigger burden for putting it on them. Or feeling like a baby or that I'm being over dramatic because I always complain about the same shit, that they've been forced to hear over and over again; and so much of it seems like minor inconveniences that I'm acting ridiculous over. But it's all these things piling up that make it so draining and impossible to see the finish line.

I also don't want to be fucking hospitalized. I can't tell my therapist that I'm feeling actively suicidal again. She's obligated to report it (which I don't blame her for at all. Her job is to keep people here!).

Here I can just…vent. I face no judgement. No ridicule. It doesn't matter how trivial the thing that's bothering me is because chances are it's bothering a lot of y'all too. And you've told me as much in my own threads. It makes me feel not crazy. Makes me feel relieved instead of bad. Reminds me that I'm not alone. And I feel safe because it's all anonymous.

I see suicide in a different light now. I really do see it as a valid method. If someone is truly in this much pain, and it goes on for years and years, why should they be forced to continue it? It's unfair.

U

usernamenoonecares

Apr 18, 2024
I just joined today. I am looking forward to all the help I can get. Just now that there is a place where I can talk about sensitive topics and have a plan be make me less impulsive. So this place is actually good for my mental health.

K

koalamenace12

Mar 6, 2024
Hi everyone. Just out of curiousity, a while ago there was a report about this forum where the CEO of the Canadian Mental Health Association said that "[...]there is no value to this site, it doesn't benefit anyone - in fact it does quite the opposite[...]", defending the position that this forum shouldn't exist and it made me curious, is that true? Like, that person is obviously talking down to us, over us, pretending they know what we want, when they claim this forum doesn't benefit anyone despite there being clearly a demand for website like this one, right. And it seems to me people are making an account and participating here voluntarily, so I'd assume there must be some value to this website for the people who are using it. It's also important to fact-check these claims given this person seems to speak for the CMHA and it would be interesting to know if these people even remotely understand what goes on in the minds of suicidal people, if they understand what our needs and desires are and how we want society to treat us.

It seems to me these people think want to be treated like children and have other people decide what we're allowed to see and research online and what decisions we're allowed to make while I do think that people who use this forum want some degree of autonomy and a right to make their decisions regarding their own welfare and decide for themselves how they want to live this life and when they want to leave. That's how I want society to treat me, I found this forum in 2018 when I was in need for information to make my own decisions and a supportive community and I didn't agree with these experts that other people should have a right to tell me, as an autonomous adult, what I'm supposed to see online and which decisions I make for my own life, concerning my own welfare, are valid and appropiate and which aren't. I think these are deeply personal decisions and essentially nobody's business but mine. And I have a feeling that's echoed by a majority of people in this community.

So let's solve this dilemma. What do you think? I'd be curious to hear your opinion, feel free to explain your position in the comments below.
yes the site really helps me out

U

Umua

Apr 4, 2024
Yeah, hopefully I get to acquire an through this site

L0neW0lf

L0neW0lf

i lost myself
Apr 16, 2024
Some thoughts -

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Yes, I find this site immensely beneficial. I have been suicidal for most of my life, and society wants to brush issues like this under the rug and pretend we don't exist, that everything is sunshine and rainbows, but it's a reality - lots of people feel this way.

Knowing that there are other people like me, and a place to talk openly about these feelings, knowing others feel similarly and will discuss them openly with me instead of shaming me or being scared of me - that in itself is incredibly healing. Knowing I'm not alone makes me feel more human and connected than I have most of my life. I am enormously grateful for that. And I have so much compassion for everyone on this site because I know they are carrying so much pain, and just want it to stop. I can empathize with that.

Additionally, knowing there are options is in itself empowering. The people who are against forums like this don't like them because they make them feel uncomfortable. These types of people prefer to be blind and wish people struggling, especially those who are open about it, would just shut up so they can go back to pretending everything is right in the world. That's easier for them, they don't have to feel any discomfort and can breathe easy that way. Sorry to say, that's not the truth and we're not gonna be silent.

I've been on this site and off again for a year now, and nowhere have I seen anyone trying to tear anyone else down or actively encourage others to DO anything. All I see is people sharing their honest thoughts and experiences, support, and sharing information. It's NOT a cult. I think most people here would probably hope that others get better if possible, but we understand all too well that that just doesn't always happen.

In fact, I vividly remember one post where a guy described an incredibly toxic and abusive situation he was in, and how it was driving him to want to take his own life. Everyone in the comments encouraged him to leave his SO and get help, since being in an abusive relationship seemed to be what was driving his suicidal thoughts, from what he described. I think everyone who replied recognized that, and gave the most compassionate advice they could in that situation, which was to get out and get help first. They didn't encourage him to end his life, which I think is the image people who are against sites like this have of us. Which simply isn't the case.

Even if I wasn't struggling with suicidal thoughts, I am an avid supporter of free speech and thought. So I would still support a platform like this, regardless.

What's funny is that studies have shown that mainstream social media sites actually increase suicidal feelings. I can't speak for anyone else, but if anything, this site has done the opposite for me. Maybe something for opponents of it to think about.

Anyway, those are my honest thoughts about this site, and sites like this

Last edited:
Reactions: eternapeace
W

WantingOut2

Feb 10, 2024
It helps me in the sense that when I come here I know I won't be judged by the way most of the world would, with knee-jerk reactions that have been instilled in them, where only a sick animal is allowed the compassion to be helped to die, but not any human suffering in any way is.
But it also doesn't help me in the sense that I just need a method to end my life, I wish I had some N, I can't stand every day, things just get worse and worse, I'm extremely isolated and miserable and I need a way out of my life, to end it. I'd give anything for some N but besides money problems (which only make living worse, and keep me stuck at were I am, alone), I also cannot figure out all the stuff that needs to be done to even TRY to work the dark net.
I just want to die, that's all.
I wish I had died many years ago - it's way past time; this is pure misery - every_single_DAY.
I wish I never had to wake up.

• Hugs
Reactions: eternapeace
BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

dead_inside
May 10, 2023
Only in terms of the source of useful information

lovedread

lovedread

thinking abt how shauna ate jackies ear
Jan 2, 2020
Yeasss for sure. Super grateful to have the distraction , the resources for ctb and people that read and respond to all my annoying ass posts

Reactions: marchshift
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
only as a place to vent and talk openly about suicide and methods and not to feel so alone the main purpose of the site which is suicide is highly inadequate at providing a reliable accessible peaceful method here in the UK

marchshift

marchshift

Mar 15, 2024
This site has helped me cultivate the darkest sides of my soul. I've discovered ideologies that foster disgust/hate which is helpful to kick/numb SI. Grateful for discovering this community of like minded individuals.