Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Does anybody know how/if the site stores IP when visiting? I don't use a VPN and Tor browser is slow as fuck, certainly on smartphone, so I stopped using it. I know on PC I can change some stuff to improve speed, but it's still slow. I used a Protonmail address for anonymity, but my IP is still visible...

Belgium has a euthanasia policy and the site isn't blocked, so visiting isn't a problem. But I wonder: is my IP stored when I visit the site and if so, how (encrypted) and how long for?

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Adûnâi and 1 other person
D

DeletedAccount0864

Student
Dec 17, 2023
Pretty much everything is stored. You can't even edit/delete your posts after around 20 minutes or something, and when you delete your account, it only crosses it out and nothing is actually deleted. I'm sure the owners say it's a legal thing or something. Who knows if that's accurate. Can't believe anything anymore.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, BrainShower, Homo erectus and 2 others
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
Does anybody know how/if the site stores IP when visiting? I don't use a VPN and Tor browser is slow as fuck, certainly on smartphone, so I stopped using it. I know on PC I can change some stuff to improve speed, but it's still slow. I used a Protonmail address for anonymity, but my IP is still visible...

Belgium has a euthanasia policy and the site isn't blocked, so visiting isn't a problem. But I wonder: is my IP stored when I visit the site and if so, how (encrypted) and how long for?
all sites have logs of your ip its not shared publicly tho

Reactions: sserafim, BrainShower and Homo erectus
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

No Future For Democracy
Feb 22, 2024
Yeah, but you'll PROBABLY be fine

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Pretty much everything is stored. You can't even edit/delete your posts after around 20 minutes or something, and when you delete your account, it only crosses it out and nothing is actually deleted. I'm sure the owners say it's a legal thing or something. Who knows if that's accurate. Can't believe anything anymore.
As a EU citizen I have 'the (legal) right to be forgotten', so in theory, when I delete my account, the site is obliged to erase all my messages (private and on the forum). And of course I know that my IP is stored, but for how long and in which way (encrypted?).
all sites have logs of your ip its not shared publicly tho
Yeah, but SaSu is not just 'any site'. (-:

Reactions: sserafim