S

Skyyyfarer 26

Plagued by existence
Jul 22, 2023
I hate eating. It has nothing to do with my body image. I just genuinely hate having to eat. Everything tastes like cardboard to me. Sometimes I do like the idea of having my past favourite foods but when I eat them, it just tastes like cardboard again. When I tell other people about this they generally say that i must have an eating disorder that I want to be skinny. But honestly i am too old now to care about my weight and i don't really care about my appearance either. The thing that I hate most about food is the fact that I have to spend so much money on it,even the bare minimum amount of groceries is so damn expensive now. i really hate having earn money to afford something i do not enjoy. I wish all the meals came in the form of a tablet so i could just get it over with but I have to eat 3 times a day because otherwise i feel hungry and cannot ignore the feeling

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, John117, ApparentlyNot and 17 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, it certainly does to me, I see eating as being something very tiresome, it's just the fulfilment of a need to avoid more suffering, I see it as being so burdensome being trapped inside the flesh prison that is the human body.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, John117, cscott and 6 others
SadPingu

SadPingu

Go out like a spark, my trauma and me.
Jul 27, 2023
Since the return of my clinical depression, yes. I usually eat a lot, as in a serious amount as I amature weightlift. So the fact I'm struggling to right now and have been for about a month is not great and just adds to how shit I feel

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26, dialogos, Kerrtu and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's different with me, food is almost the only thing that still makes me happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26, dialogos, Kerrtu and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Good food is in the top three list for me, love being number one naturally. As I've said before, my dream death would be a Peking Duck Overdose. Unfortunately, the required ducks would not all fit in the oven at the same time.. Call me a chicken, but I'm not ready to face my fear of cold duck. Cold turkey yes, but never duck..

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: dialogos, Kerrtu, suffocatingseraphim and 2 others
gag_order

gag_order

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.
Jul 20, 2023
It's the opposite for me. Everything feels like a chore so I just comfort eat junk food after junk food to get through. I wish it was the other way around.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: winamp, dialogos, Kerrtu and 1 other person
ANONYMOUSM

ANONYMOUSM

Aug 5, 2023
i wished i didnt have to eat and could just be full with air

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: myusername890, Eternal🌈Rainbow, Skyyyfarer 26 and 2 others
suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
I resonate with this deeply. Both on having an ED and outside of that too, the act of eating is exhausting, gross, and expensive.

The thought of the gnarly stuff we put in our bodies really disgusts me, like bad chemicals and whatnot, but it's so so expensive to get food without it. And it's everywhere.
Id rather have meal pills and nothing else, or green tea and air

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, winamp and Kerrtu
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
Yes eating feels like a chore, but then again so do many other things like brushing teeth, showering etc. I guess it's the depression

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos and Kerrtu
Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
I hate eating. It has nothing to do with my body image. I just genuinely hate having to eat. Everything tastes like cardboard to me. Sometimes I do like the idea of having my past favourite foods but when I eat them, it just tastes like cardboard again. When I tell other people about this they generally say that i must have an eating disorder that I want to be skinny. But honestly i am too old now to care about my weight and i don't really care about my appearance either. The thing that I hate most about food is the fact that I have to spend so much money on it,even the bare minimum amount of groceries is so damn expensive now. i really hate having earn money to afford something i do not enjoy. I wish all the meals came in the form of a tablet so i could just get it over with but I have to eat 3 times a day because otherwise i feel hungry and cannot ignore the feeling
It really does feel like a lot of work, all mostly for nothing.
The government and big corporations have made it almost impossible to eat in a manner that is healthy and nurtures life, as a basic action all must partake of daily.
Absolutely one of the secondary list reasons I'm just done with this type of meaningless existence.
I totally understand the taste thing, to me almost no cooking or food is enjoyable, everything tastes like dirt or exhaust fumes.
Personally I drink a lot of juice, water and protein drinks just to make it easy and avoid even more suffering on an empty stomach.
I can't remember when this came about, seems like about a decade ago.
Having to be around people while shopping for food makes me feel vulnerable and physically ill.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26, Myexit and Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Feels like a chore indeed, though after a while of not eating, my body is getting used to it; I've stopped feeling hunger pangs. It's getting to the point where even thinking of eating solid food makes my stomach turn.

Except for mangoes 🥭

I got sick in December and was misdiagnosed with gastritis after vomiting and digesting blood for a week. I had an endoscopy done, waited 6 months for a colonoscopy and it turns out I have early stage colon cancer, which doesn't matter to me since I'm ending my life somewhat soon, before it gets out of control. I've only found out recently the results. If I were going to "try and stick around" I wouldn't accept treatment apart from hospice care anyway.

That first week after the endoscopy, I could only eat/drink broth, maybe a couple of tablespoons and I had to be back straight against the wall or else it felt like I was swallowing broken glass. That was a task.

Anyhow, I can't keep track anymore of how much weight I've lost. Just trying to stay hydrated enough to not have to stabilize in an ER. Some days, if I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself. I've also been having bloody noses, especially when I cry, and bleeding from my ears - the primary doctor doesn't know what that's from. I think I'm just done - my body has had it really.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26, MindFrog, Myexit and 2 others
Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
I hate
Feels like a chore indeed, though after a while of not eating, my body is getting used to it; I've stopped feeling hunger pangs. It's getting to the point where even thinking of eating solid food makes my stomach turn.

Except for mangoes 🥭

I got sick in December and was misdiagnosed with gastritis after vomiting and digesting blood for a week. I had an endoscopy done, waited 6 months for a colonoscopy and it turns out I have early stage colon cancer, which doesn't matter to me since I'm ending my life somewhat soon, before it gets out of control. I've only found out recently the results. If I were going to "try and stick around" I wouldn't accept treatment apart from hospice care anyway.

That first week after the endoscopy, I could only eat/drink broth, maybe a couple of tablespoons and I had to be back straight against the wall or else it felt like I was swallowing broken glass. That was a task.

Anyhow, I can't keep track anymore of how much weight I've lost. Just trying to stay hydrated enough to not have to stabilize in an ER. Some days, if I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself. I've also been having bloody noses, especially when I cry, and bleeding from my ears - the primary doctor doesn't know what that's from. I think I'm just done - my body has had it really.
Sounds horrible :(
I stll "like" food/eating but i always get the need to vomit after eating. I hat myself and my body

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Yes eating feels like a chore, but then again so do many other things like brushing teeth, showering etc. I guess it's the depression

Showering - now that's a tough one. Sometimes I have to sit in the tub and just let the water hit me. I get dizzy, though once it's over, I do feel sort of proud of myself, like I finished the NYC marathon or something.

*My 2nd step father ran his last NYC marathon when he was in his 70's. If he saw the state I'm in, he'd likely be horrified.

It really does feel like a lot of work, all mostly for nothing.
The government and big corporations have made it almost impossible to eat in a manner that is healthy and nurtures life, as a basic action all must partake of daily.
Absolutely one of the secondary list reasons I'm just done with this type of meaningless existence.
I totally understand the taste thing, to me almost no cooking or food is enjoyable, everything tastes like dirt or exhaust fumes.
Personally I drink a lot of juice, water and protein drinks just to make it easy and avoid even more suffering on an empty stomach.
I can't remember when this came about, seems like about a decade ago.
Having to be around people while shopping for food makes me feel vulnerable and physically ill.

The US food pyramid is absolute bullshit.

It's the opposite for me. Everything feels like a chore so I just comfort eat junk food after junk food to get through. I wish it was the other way around.

Have you seen the Cinnamon Toast Crunch "Cinnafuego" snack? Now that had me wanting to try since I love spicy. Reviews say it tastes like Big Red chewing gum but I'd rather taste it for myself and decide.

IMG 3184

Last edited:
Reactions: CW36 and dialogos
J

j1nxxb0yjj4ke

Jun 26, 2023
YESS!! I hate eating (and often drinking too) so much. It is a chore. It takes so much time, nothing tastes good and YOU HAVE TO EAT LIKE 2-3 M E A L S per DAY?? God, it's just so inconvenient. The pill thing would do wonders. I hate eating but if I stop eating for 1-2 days I get so dizzy, feel extremely faint, pass out, have low blood sugar and low blood pressure, I am shaky, etc. These are the only reasons I eat and drink.
I wish I didn't have to.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, Skyyyfarer 26 and dialogos
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
It's just not eating, everything seems like a chore to me. Getting out of bed, eating food, bathing, taking shit, meeting people everything's a chore. Hopefully I'll ctb soon

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu, foreverfalling, Myexit and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023

Except for mangoes 🥭

Can I ask what makes mangoes an exception? I mean they're lovely, but why specifically?

Reactions: Kerrtu
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Yes so as a result eating healthy is really easy for me. I hate it all anyway

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
If my head doesnt hurt, I'd stop eating altogether.

Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26 and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It happens when you have low blood sugar. That's why people with no appetite eat sweet/salty food.
I thought it's because it's yummy.

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
I can't find it in me to cook so I eat out whenever I'm hungry. even then the food doesn't taste good to me. I always think of the grey sludge they serve in prison movies.

Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26
S

Skyyyfarer 26

Plagued by existence
Jul 22, 2023
YESS!! I hate eating (and often drinking too) so much. It is a chore. It takes so much time, nothing tastes good and YOU HAVE TO EAT LIKE 2-3 M E A L S per DAY?? God, it's just so inconvenient. The pill thing would do wonders. I hate eating but if I stop eating for 1-2 days I get so dizzy, feel extremely faint, pass out, have low blood sugar and low blood pressure, I am shaky, etc. These are the only reasons I eat and drink.
I wish I didn't have to.
Exactly and if I stop eating I'll get sick and won't be able to work and if I'm not able to work i cannot afford to eat
It's all just a vicious cycle

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Not just eating, but everything has become a chore for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skyyyfarer 26
PinkyStat

PinkyStat

It’s killing me
Jun 4, 2023
I definitely agree with you,I HATE eating, it isn't just a chore, i dont like eating at all, from the taste, to texture to the effort, i live with 3 other people so we usually share the costs with food, but since i got fired they let me spend less than the 25% because i dont eat much compared to others, i just wish that I could live with something like ''Soylent'' (not from the movie) forever (not forever but you can get the point)

S

Skyyyfarer 26

Plagued by existence
Jul 22, 2023
I definitely agree with you,I HATE eating, it isn't just a chore, i dont like eating at all, from the taste, to texture to the effort, i live with 3 other people so we usually share the costs with food, but since i got fired they let me spend less than the 25% because i dont eat much compared to others, i just wish that I could live with something like ''Soylent'' (not from the movie) forever (not forever but you can get the point)
sorry for asking but what's soylent?

ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
Doing anything that prolongs life feels like a chore these days

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Can I ask what makes mangoes an exception? I mean they're lovely, but why specifically?

I didn't know of mangoes when I was growing up so discovering them/trying them in my 20's kind of blew my mind. I like when they're on the firm side, not mushy. I like a lot of fruits in general but mangoes are up there in the top 5. I also very much love ginger 🫚

https://soylent.com/ basically you just have to drink it and you are done

I legit am looking at an empty Soylent bottle from yesterday - flavor is banana 🍌 It's been a lot easier to drink a meal than make anything.

IMG 3185

Last edited: