S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I used to play games all the time. Mostly RPGs (both Japanese and western). I have logged 300+ hours in Diablo 3.

I haven't finished a game in over two months, though. Too preoccupied with my ctb plans and doubts...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sayo, Miss clefable and 2 others
Delia

Delia

Cerulean star
May 15, 2018
Ah damn I see. I got it on PC but honestly didn't have the patience to even get halfway through the game. You know things are bad when the one thing u were obsessed with is no longer interesting in the slightest. I used to love really critically acclaimed games, especially unique stuff like Nier, but nothing does it for me now.
Well shit, I'm lucky enough to still appreciate these, it's one of the things that still bring me a bit of happiness and that makes me dream, if i didn't have these i think i'd already be gone tbh.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and weedoge
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Well shit, I'm lucky enough to still appreciate these, it's one of the things that still bring me a bit of happiness and that makes me dream, if i didn't have these i think i'd already be gone tbh.

Games and books kept me alive for the last decade and a half. If not for the scape provided by fiction, life would be too unbearable.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Miss clefable, Delia and 1 other person
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Love Diablo <3

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, AveryConure, Failed and 2 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I don't really ever play anymore =( Every once in a blew moon. Went on a GTA 3 kick for awhile not too long ago. And Silent Hill 2. But only once in a blue moon. There's too much going on....I kind of can't focus on anything. I miss my World of Warcraft and Tibia days. MMORPG's were always my favorite.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Miss clefable and Deafsn0w
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nyiach des uti nesi deh ahy.
Nov 3, 2018
I must be the only classic gamer here. I play cartridge systems almost exclusively. I have 2 PS1 games and a few PS3 games, but other than them I don't touch disc systems. I grew up on Nintendo, so mostly I'm on my NES, SNES, or N64. I recently got into playing Sega Genesis, but haven't hit it much. I have played a few PC games, but not many. I have always hated Xbox. I also hated GameCube and Wii severely.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, wxtyubidi7y, Sayo and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I must be the only classic gamer here. I play cartridge systems almost exclusively. I have 2 PS1 games and a few PS3 games, but other than them I don't touch disc systems. I grew up on Nintendo, so mostly I'm on my NES, SNES, or N64. I recently got into playing Sega Genesis, but haven't hit it much. I have played a few PC games, but not many. I have always hated Xbox. I also hated GameCube and Wii severely.
Actually love playing classic games but also love emulation. The fact you can render these classic old games with high definition looking models at full HD is really impressive to me and I prefer that now to actually plugging in the old system most of the time. Also it's just a lot of hassle.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer, Miss clefable and 1 other person
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
Any hockey or sports games fans here?

I'm playing NHL '19. It's broken as shiet lol

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nov 3, 2018
Nostalgia plays a big role for me. I don't remember how, but I ended up with one of those flashback systems, and I refuse to touch it. The idea makes me sick. I have no problem with emulators, but the "classic" or "flashback" shit just makes me want to puke.

The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nov 3, 2018
Any hockey or sports games fans here?

I'm playing NHL '19. It's broken as shiet lol

I love hockey. Huge fan. But I have hated sports games my entire life, regardless of what sport it is. I don't know why, but I hate them.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and jaemus12
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
I love hockey. Huge fan. But I have hated sports games my entire life, regardless of what sport it is. I don't know why, but I hate them.
Interesting. I'm pretty neutral at most sports games with the except of basketball for some reason. I can't stand playing a basketball video game.

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Actually love playing classic games but also love emulation. The fact you can render these classic old games with high definition looking models at full HD is really impressive to me and I prefer that now to actually plugging in the old system most of the time. Also it's just a lot of hassle.

This. I've played so many old game using emulators... I grew up poor, so I never got a Genesis, or a SNES. But I enjoyed most of their greatest titles through the magic of emulation.

If I could spend my days drinking Mountain Dew and playing classic games, maybe I wouldn't have to ctb....

Last edited:
Terminally drunk

Terminally drunk

Student
Aug 29, 2018
yea i play pc games pretty much 14 hours a day with a movie or youtube playing on another screen in bed. its a good escape from reality for me. an all iv really got to live for. playing war thunder lately.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and Schopenhauer
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
Not as frequently any more, but yes. I particularly love JRPGs and strategy games (especially classic turn based SRPGs)—I grew up playing them. I also like rhythm games quite a lot. A game needs to have a good story or mentally stimulating gameplay for me... or if it's a rhythm game I'll play straight shovelware...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, ouvreyes and 1 other person
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Been playing Dying Light at work often after hours since my wife won't let me play games at home. :(

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I don't think many people nowadays can judge you for preferring classic games to modern stuff, especially with how terrible some games are with microtransactions and etc.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Growing up, my parents never really approved of playing video games, so during my childhood I was always behind and didn't have a chance to catch up with the other gaming peers. Even in college, my parents were stringent on academics and social life (which I knew was already a bust due to Aspergers and social anxiety). Therefore, I've mainly just stuck with retro games and emulators. The games I mostly play are SNES and GBA games, and oftenly RTS, RPG's, and some platformers like Mario and what not. I don't really play them as often nowadays as the desire to play them has waned a bit over the past year.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and Schopenhauer
xBones

xBones

Sep 4, 2018
I don't play them as much as I used to but this year I've really been into one called Overwatch. I was wondering if there are any that anyone on here are into
hell yeah, but recently ive been finding myself too detached to play :/

Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Playing "Dark Souls - 2" with my friend

V

Voldmort

Experienced
Sep 23, 2018
i play an old version of dont starve

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, LivedTooLong and Deafsn0w
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I started playing them more frequently since... last year? Or earlier...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Speaking of video games, I wonder were the Failout/Sellout 76 reviews are. The game officially released at midnight. Thanks BethEAsda! Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas were awesome games. Don't think the same will be true about 76. The game just wasn't meant to be multiplayer imo,

Reactions: AveryConure
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Video games and Netflix provide my escapism from this shitty ass life.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deleted member 4288
Eden2k

Eden2k

Experienced
Nov 20, 2018
I'm not a gamer as such but I do own a few game consoles. Currently playing Spider-Man on PS4. I'm shit at it. When I get stuck on missions in the game, I admit I have cheated on occasion, by looking on youtube.

Liked playing Grand Theft Auto 5, but I wouldn't speed and stopped at red lights. Apparently this is not how the game is to be played.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and AveryConure
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Been playing since the NES days. I play PS4 and PC mainly now. I do like the achievement and trophy systems in the modern systems, even if they have no real purpose. It helps the game last longer and does feel like you got more bang for your buck.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals