Harasaki

Harasaki

Oct 21, 2019
So I just learned that this disorder exists, it's basically when you daydream a lot and it affects your life. I was always the excluded kid and really had no friends, so ever since I was little I would escape to my imagined world where I lived a lot of adventures and everyone liked me (pathetic right?).
Reality has always been too boring and sad to me and so I think I just created my own, but it's getting much more frequent now, from what I read it could be because I've never felt so alone before, I can't even watch a 5 minutes video without getting distracted, I forget that I'm in public sometines and start talking to myself and everyone start looking at me...
Has anyone ever been or is going through this? How do i deal with it? Thank you for reading :)

• Love
Reactions: deathcat, Soul, HaleyWayMCR and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/anyone-else-addicted-to-maladaptive-daydeaming.17680/

Reactions: Soul
F

Freedom21

May 25, 2019
I do this too either with characters from books and create my own storyline for them or I create a life in which my health both mental and physical is good. It's a coping mechanism for me. If my emotions are super strong I'll try to go into my own little universe I created. I don't try to stop mine because it's the only thing that's keeping myself from crying all the time but mindfulness helps. The decor in a room or scratching your skin. Physical sensations really help just be careful not to put it in self harm territory. I hope it gets better for you.

Reactions: HaleyWayMCR