symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
This is not a key reason for me but it's still true. I am not equipped to support myself independently but remaining dependent means shitty humans wield significant control over me. Continuing in school could be disastrous for my mental health but I'm not qualified for any jobs I wouldn't hate with a passion. And those jobs I might be able to tolerate pay absolute dogshit. Beyond that, my anxiety prevents me from being able to do basic tasks like cook or drive.

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Circles and demuic
hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
I am also disabled, living with parent. I got a job recently and will try to find a cheap apt. I grew up not understanding adulthood. I went to college at 18 and didn't know wtf I was doing. I crashed and burned. But I was never given a good understanding or introduction to 'being an adult'. My parents never made the outside world seem safe. They avoided helping me get any kind of help to learn about the outside world. I didn't have many friends. None of them worked. I had no way to leave my house because it was 10 miles from the small town I lived it. I had 3 part time jobs in my 30s that payed like crap. It helped improve my understanding of 'the outside world'. That ended. And I stagnated. I had no spending money, no allowance. You can't live much of life like that. I never was involved with making appointments. So it took along time to figure out that I needed to take responsibility for my own life. And from then on, I've tried to take small risks to move towards adulthood. I once complained at a restaurant and had the food taken back. To me, that was scary as hell. Paying bills because possible after I got a credit card in college. They give them to college students. It allowed me to buy things easier. I even read a book on 'adulting' recently. It's taken most of my life to start to deal with the fear that kept me so scared most of my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Circles and demuic
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I love being an adult.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet

‎In a perfect world, nobody would be suicidal
Feb 27, 2022
To be honest my childhood wasn't that good, especially teenage years. Adulthood brought me some independence and with that came feelings of selfworth, the downside? I'm on my own, there's no one to save me and it is a constant fight for survival.

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Circles and Foresight
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
It's one of the main reasons I want to ctb. I feel incompetent. There's so many things I don't know how to do that I feel like I should know like taxes, how to run a dishwasher, how to maintain a house/apartment, how to balance a checkbook, how to maintain a car (I only know how to put gas in it and take it for oil changes. Anything else I ask my dad) etc. When I do try to learn things, I end up forgetting quickly because of my memory issues 😕

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Seafoam
E

eternalflame

Experienced
Mar 30, 2022
Well that would be one of the reasons, im not alone yet but someday i will have to just live and i dont have strenght for that.

• Hugs
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I know how to be an adult. I just dislike it - too boring.

• Hugs