CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I don't mean drinking alcohol, I mean just drinking anything. It's kind of weird, I never really find myself hungry all that often but I become extremely thirsty sometimes; like downing a shit ton of water or other stuff. I don't know why I'm like this; it's pretty strange. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Homo erectus and sserafim
vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
I love drinking tap water in the middle of the night, it's the best feeling and sometimes it's impossible to stop. Extreme thirst is a common symptom of diabetes btw, I hope it's not your case.

Last edited:
missmyworld

missmyworld

Feb 18, 2024
I guess just swallowing water feels cleansing/satisfying. It's one of the few things that probably won't kill you. Unless you drink a comically large amount that is, but only a minuscule amount of people have ever probably done that, and it sounds painful. I think of myself as a thirsy person like you, but I still myself to be dehydrated. Do you ever feel fatigued from it?
I love drinking tap water in the middle of the night, sometimes it's hard to stop. Extreme thirst is a common symptom of diabetes btw, I hope it's not your case.
I was just about to mention that i've heard it can be a sign of diabetes/some autoimmune diseases but you beat me to it lol. But I feel like whenever I just google my pain symptoms it tells me I have stage 4 cancer or some rare extremely bad disease when the symptom is like a stomach ache and neck pain, and it just fear mongers a lot.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I love drinking tap water in the middle of the night, it's the best feeling and sometimes it's impossible to stop. Extreme thirst is a common symptom of diabetes btw, I hope it's not your case.
Holy shit. My dad has type 2 diabetes.
I guess just swallowing water feels cleansing/satisfying. It's one of the few things that probably won't kill you. Unless you drink a comically large amount that is, but only a minuscule amount of people have ever probably done that, and it sounds painful. I think of myself as a thirsy person like you, but I still myself to be dehydrated. Do you ever feel fatigued from it?

I was just about to mention that i've heard it can be a sign of diabetes/some autoimmune diseases but you beat me to it lol. But I feel like whenever I just google my pain symptoms it tells me I have stage 4 cancer or some rare extremely bad disease when the symptom is like a stomach ache and neck pain, and it just fear mongers a lot.
I wouldn't say fatigued from it per se. I just feel this consistent need for it sometimes.

vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
Holy shit. My dad has type 2 diabetes.
I don't want to scare you, sorry if I have, but type 2 is somewhat hereditary (40% if one parent has it, 70% if both have it). Lifestyle is the main factor and it is manageable, but if you plan to stick around for a while you might want to get tested.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I don't want to scare you, sorry if I have, but type 2 is somewhat hereditary (40% if one parent has it, 70% if both have it). Lifestyle is the main factor and it is manageable, but if you plan to stick around for a while you might want to get tested.
No, you're fine. This is something that I've been dreading for a while. I'll have to see if I can get tested soon.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Homo erectus
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I love drinking water with those flavor electrolytes or sports drinks. I did enjoy alcohol for a bit of time to cope but I had to stop myself before I felt like I was beginning an addiction.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, for some weird reason I love drinking water. I'm always thirsty and I drink a lot of water every day because I like the feeling, I guess it's satisfying and refreshing. I also like drinking coffee and tea but I just like the sensation of drinking water, the coolness.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Yes, especially if it has ice but not too much ice to the point it's too cold.

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
Yeah, coffee and vaping are sort of oral fixations for me.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I am pre-diabetic from being bedbound for many years. This causes me excessive thirst. I absolutely hate it. It's torturous. I feel like a person in one of those black and white newspaper cartoons with people dying of thirst in the desert.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Diabetes can be reversed in some cases with dietary changes and fasting. It has been my goal to stay healthy until the last moment, but it is hard to achieve.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, Praestat_Mori and sserafim