C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
My deepest desires are illegal and people like me are hated by almost the entire world despite me not wanting to cause any harm of any kind.

I will always be alone and never truly be fully happy.

I also haven't had any friends since 2017 and stopped going outside regularly in 2016.
What illegal desires do you have?

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Hikikomori1
hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
My deepest desires are illegal and people like me are hated by almost the entire world despite me not wanting to cause any harm of any kind.
i am guessing you are a heterosexual man

• Yay!
Reactions: Zegers and Hikikomori1
cicadafriend

cicadafriend

Jun 13, 2023
Cat, dog, and parents are about it. I also live in a super rural area, the loneliness and cabin fever combo is what's gonna kill me

Reactions: Ashu
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I have my wife, who is not exactly a soulmate, and no one besides her in the whole of India. Back in the West, I have a handful of friends whom I talk with by email. My father and my oldest friend back home in Canada just died, both in August, by a strange jest of fate. My social isolation is so unreally profound that I wonder how I have managed to retain as much sanity as I have.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and pole
hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
i c. yeah, people are gonna hate for you that no matter what. even some people here won't be able to empathize with you. your value as a man is and always will be measured by your contribution to others. going against that will immediately put you at odds with everyone you encounter.

Reactions: beigeonagrayday
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
My life is fairly similar. My mom is my only family around and she's moving 1,500 miles away soon. I'm still stunned at the fact she's moving that far away. How have you been able to do it, if you don't mind me asking? I had planned on ctb after my mom passed away, but that was on the condition of her living her final days here. Now that she's leaving, I feel like not waiting.
Well, for around 1-1/2 years after my last relative passed, I was extremely busy handling the estate. It's been about 2-1/2 years since my last relative (my mom) passed away. So, it will be just a year in a few months from when I finished with her estate. Then I started dealing with my own affairs, which I'm still doing, BTW. I figure when I get all of my affairs in order to my satisfaction, I'll be ready to go.

• Hugs
Reactions: kråkevind and Huntfish34
beigeonagrayday

beigeonagrayday

I cant
May 13, 2023
My partner and I broke up after he wouldn't take no for an answer again if you know what I mean and now I don't have anyone left. He doesn't want to be friends either. I either have no friends or the friend I do get abuses me. People are truly evil in my opinion. I'm really lonely. Is anyone else in a similar position?
I think i have someone and then they just end up trying to pressure me into things or they air me with no explanation and only use me as their personal therapist, im so close to just giving up on people, my family isnt great either, im sick of everyone
I think i have someone and then they just end up trying to pressure me into things or they air me with no explanation and only use me as their personal therapist, im so close to just giving up on people, my family isnt great either, im sick of everyone
My mum is probably the nicest person i know, though i still wouldnt talk with her about my issues or sh, sometimes i wish i could but im just afraid to

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
silent star

silent star

Soon I will forget this life
Apr 30, 2023
I have no one

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and sensenmann
sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
That sounds really sad. After my parents passes I will have no one.

• Hugs
G

ghost44

Student
Apr 14, 2023
I have no one and stopped trying. People aren't worth it.

• Hugs
Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
I have a sibling that I used to be very close to and still care about, but it's been several years since they cut off contact with me after their therapist advised them to because of "codependency issues." Otherwise, I have no other immediate family alive. I wasn't particularly close with most of my relatives, but both sides (mother/father) cut me out several years ago. Father's side resulted from infighting after my abusive grandfather died and left a hefty chunk of inheritance without any will in place. I didn't even find out about my grandfather's death until the ugly aftermath - apparently, I was legally entitled to the largest share, so was kept in the dark and finally cut out (disowned almost?) after the dust settled. I only found out because an aunt who I got along well took it upon herself to contact me one last time informing me of the final decision along with a bit little bit of cash as an "apology." I've never heard from them again, even the aunt I was close with. Mother's side - my mother was never treated for mental illness, and once full on schizophrenia set in to the point of no return she basically spent the rest of her life on the run from imaginary enemies, psych wards (with every visit leaving her worse off), and destroying the lives of those around her. Once she was done ravaging my and my sibling's life, she moved on to her siblings and their families. They would plead with me to take her in because they didn't want to deal with her while refusing my advice to contact authorities/mental health professionals. After a few years they decided I had neglected my duties to my mother (it's a cultural thing having to do with my ethnic origins), and unleashed all their anger on me and cut me off. As for my mother, she passed recently in an ugly way, homeless. Aside from family, I actually had quite a few real life friends from school and work, but we grew apart and it's been 4(?) years since the last time I was able to contact any friend and have a conversation. I had thought for sure I had close friends, but now I question whether we were really close after 4 years of isolation. I've also attended quite a few support groups and met with countless mental health professionals in the past, but stopped after 2 decades worth of trying seemed to yield very little (if no) results (and sometimes resulted in quite bad advice).

Ferret77

Ferret77

Jun 2, 2023
My partner and I broke up after he wouldn't take no for an answer again if you know what I mean and now I don't have anyone left. He doesn't want to be friends either. I either have no friends or the friend I do get abuses me. People are truly evil in my opinion. I'm really lonely. Is anyone else in a similar position?
I get exactly what you mean. I have virtually no support system. I don't have any close friends and if I finally think that I found someone, it always ends up in a bad way. All of my "best friends" in the past either bullied me, used me, betrayed me or abandoned me. I have no one to turn to anymore. I was in love with this one guy and we even dated for a while eventually....I feel ashamed to admit it, but even though he was super toxic to me, he was the only one that made me feel like I actually mattered. But now that's gone too, because in the end, I'm never good enough for anybody....
I'm sorry, you're in a similar situation. It's so difficult. If you wanna talk, you can message me...

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
I've been abandoned by almost everyone I considered a friend... I have one left.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu

Dec 19, 2021
I only have my cat, and he's almost 15. I will be devastated when he's gone. I've just accepted the fact that I will always be alone. I don't even know how to relate to other people.

Reactions: cicadafriend
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
As lonely as it gets

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu
BloomingRose

BloomingRose

Waiting for the Grand Finale
Jan 24, 2023
I don't have anyone I would say is a friend. And I don't think I will ever have one. Only exception is my cat and she is my best friend.

spirittheyregone

spirittheyregone

A whisper to her scream, an autumn in my green.
Jun 12, 2023
I get you, me and my ex broke up for the same reason and hes the only person I know in my area. I have my boyfriend but we never really, can spend a whole day without him getting mad at me.
No matter what my dms arw always open, esp if you wanna relax and play games or something. Not everyone is evil, just, a lot of them, a really big amount.

A

airconditioner

Jul 2, 2023
I have my mom, who somehow in her person amounts to an endless amount of people working against her. I am afraid or terrified even of surviving once she's gone. Other than her, I have 2-3 family members who I talk to and I have a small amount of companion animals to look after. I had monthly payments and occasional interactions for donations I guess. That's like a short list of people who I believe would be sincerely harmed by my absence. But most of it falls on my mom and she has been one of the only true experiences of acceptance and help from endless harm. One person is at least a safety net for social beings, but not very fair considering everyone she's had to make up for.