WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
Often in fictional stories you see characters getting bullied, and then training themselves to overcome their enemies. But in real life, you can't overpower them, and instead of getting tougher you develop trauma instead.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Meteora and xinino
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Just go dark triad lol

Reactions: damyon and xinino
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
I think it depends, but largely yes, you aren't allowed to beat your bullies up. I honestly don't know how the hell bullying keeps happening to the degrees I hear. I would be in favor for severely punishing bullies if its found it it has happened, with mandatory mental health evaluations for them, and bugging the shit out of the parents to make sure the bullies are also raised well at home/ making sure they are actually following through with help. Bullies don't need a traumatic past but children that actively torment others exhibit serious signs for having conduct disorder. It could help make the mental health situation better for children, even for a little bit. I might be biased as I was bullied pretty badly growing up, but I would be all for it. School is for educating the next generation, not throwing a bunch of kids into a single class room and doing barely fuck all at making sure each one feels safe and secure.

Reactions: xinino and WhenTheyCry
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
I think it depends, but largely yes, you aren't allowed to beat your bullies up. I honestly don't know how the hell bullying keeps happening to the degrees I hear. I would be in favor for severely punishing bullies if its found it it has happened, with mandatory mental health evaluations for them, and bugging the shit out of the parents to make sure the bullies are also raised well at home/ making sure they are actually following through with help. Bullies don't need a traumatic past but children that actively torment others exhibit serious signs for having conduct disorder. It could help make the mental health situation better for children, even for a little bit. I might be biased as I was bullied pretty badly growing up, but I would be all for it. School is for educating the next generation, not throwing a bunch of kids into a single class room and doing barely fuck all at making sure each one feels safe and secure.
Often it's treated like a day care center for children. Teachers are underpaid too. Often times you'll meet people who became teachers so they can power trip over kids who can't defend themselves. Society doesn't care about its next generation, let them cannibalize each other in a toxic hell hole.

Just go dark triad lol
Prison isn't fun

Reactions: xinino
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Often it's treated like a day care center for children. Teachers are underpaid too. Often times you'll meet people who became teachers so they can power trip over kids who can't defend themselves. Society doesn't care about its next generation, let them cannibalize each other in a toxic hell hole.

Prison isn't fun
There are high functioning dark triads. They're actually very successful. Just be high inhib

untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023

I will say too that I have seen videos of teachers being overwhelmed and overworked while having extremely poorly behaved kids to teach, while being underpaid as you have said. Maybe its even worse than when I was growing up, to which sadly, the parents are probably more to blame.

AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
I 100% understand how it could. But in my case, no. I spent weeks building up the courage the call the parents of my first (and really only) bully in elementary school.

I did. My mom found out when her mom called back. My mom yelled at me. It taught me real early to shut up, don't make waves, and just let whatever is going to happen, happen.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
No, bullying and abuse isn't the type of adversity that makes people stronger, it breaks them down.
My dad is a dark triad type (sociopath) and as mentioned above, he has been incredibly successful and gotten everything in life. But because of the constant feelings of resentment and not getting even more, he's miserable. Not to mention has used his children emotionally, physically, and sexually. So tell me, is it worth it?

• Informative
Reactions: xinino and sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No but being rich does.

• Hugs
Reactions: xinino and derpyderpins
333s

333s

Jan 31, 2024
it depends on the person who is bullied and their situation
if bulling is severe and surrounds one everywhere - at school, at home etc then there's no way that would build a strong character
rather a very anxious depressed person with extremely low self esteem lol
and yes they may "overcome" their bullies in some way by doing something really impulsive out of despair
it's more common than other situations where a person has friends/great family support and knows where to seek help bc bullying doesn't happen to everyone. if one is bullied then bullies probably know that they are very unlikely to be punished
although some kind of internet bullying can actually build character as i can see lol (bc people usually have some kind of support and can express themselves more freely which allows them to defend themselves and their beliefs)

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
No but being rich does.
Hard disagree haha being rich can make you weak af sometimes. I get what you're saying that it can build confidence, but never having to struggle or fail will often hurt in the long run if you are faced with adversity.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Hard disagree haha being rich can make you weak af sometimes. I get what you're saying that it can build confidence, but never having to struggle or fail will often hurt in the long run if you are faced with adversity.
I meant to say being rich does attract greater bullying but my thoughts were probably half-cooked due to having just woken up. Actually I'm really not sure what I was trying to say at all and it was only a couple hours ago. 😵‍💫

• Yay!
Reactions: xinino and derpyderpins
crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
It doesn't make you stronger IMO, that's a lie people like to tell themselves to cope with this sad reality. Bullying can scar you for life and can absolutely shatter your faith in humanity. It just shows you how cruel and awful people are and how eager they are to exploit your vulnerability and you being different, to use these things against you. I think it's major BS that bullying makes you stronger and that people like to delude themselves thinking this. Incidentally, I had someone tell me exactly this insanity a few days ago and I got frustrated. I think believing this is ultimately a coping mechanism.

Reactions: ForsakenDial, xinino and thenamingofcats
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
No I don t think so. It leaves scares, can break you.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, ForsakenDial, thenamingofcats and 1 other person
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
probably just makes you a school shooter

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, xinino and migimortis
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
straight from the king

As of now, I have over 60 known bullies, and very few friends. Get this, these bullies actually gave me some valuable rewards, but they may not know it. I have a massive defense more than 60% above average. With 121 being average, I currently have 194 and it doesn't seem to change [thus able to absorb nearly twice the damage than that of what normal would be**]. I've taken so much damage and recovered so often, that my DEF raised so much in exchange to being more resistant [caused from such a thing called "natural selection" [? not sure on this]]. I'm nearly immune to insults.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
It made me troller online and irl.i don't think it is strength source, I am alone.
probably just makes you a school shooter
That can explain shooting at Charles University in Prague, Czech. The dude hated everyone, I probably could have saved him by some love.

Last edited:
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
It made me troller online and irl.i don't think it is strength source, I am alone.

That can explain shooting at Charles University in Prague, Czech. The dude hated everyone, I probably could have saved him by some love.
Why do people still bully when it's well known that it causes school shooters? What an awful country

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Why do people still bully when it's well known that it causes school shooters? What an awful country
You need to experience it, to know why, I got bullied and I bullied others, it was like hierarchy In schools that I went on, it was fun and sometimes extreme, it's funny to wrestle and swear as child there weren't concerning consequences, and it provided a sense of power and control, but I think the weakest who can't fight back will eventually commit felony as adult, since he needs to express his grudge.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I heard that it's for power and control. People love to dominate others and feel a sense of control over them. Most people are evil lol. In this world, the strong dominate the weak

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, 333s and xinino
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and xinino
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
You need to experience it, to know why, I got bullied and I bullied others, it was like hierarchy In schools that I went on, it was fun and sometimes extreme, it's funny to wrestle and swear as child there weren't concerning consequences, and it provided a sense of power and control, but I think the weakest who can't fight back will eventually commit felony as adult, since he needs to express his grudge.
The weak often get punished for defending themselves.
I heard that it's for power and control. People love to dominate others and feel a sense of control over them. Most people are evil lol. In the world, the strong dominate the weak
It's better and worse in certain countries. America is hyper-individualistic and cutthroat.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, ForsakenDial and xinino
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
It just made me lose faith in humanity and develop traumas. I did fight back though.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The weak often get punished for defending themselves.

It's better and worse in certain countries. America is hyper-individualistic and cutthroat.
Bullying is also prevalent in South Korea. It's cutthroat but not hyper-individualistic. There's a bullying epidemic there. I heard that bullies are more successful with the opposite sex and become Chads/Stacies while the bullied become NEETs and outcasts. I think there's an evolutionary reason as to why people bully. Bullies are also more successful in life, career-wise and just overall life-wise. Therefore, being a bully is a predictor for future success. It's fucked up that bullies are more successful and have better lives but that's just how it is. This world rewards cruelty and evil. The bad people get ahead

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
No. I did eventually acquire skills that generally keep me from being targeted now, but it was not remotely worth it. The damage done to me as an 8-9 year old child can't be undone. It doesn't matter a goddamn bit that I can defend myself now. I don't need the protection now. I needed it in about 1980. Next time it's 1980 I'll keep that in mind.

Reactions: ForsakenDial, 333s and xinino
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Bullying is also prevalent in South Korea. It's cutthroat but not hyper-individualistic. There's a bullying epidemic there. I heard that bullies are more successful with the opposite sex and become Chads/Stacies while the bullied become NEETs and outcasts. I think there's a evolutionary reason as to why people bully. Bullies are also more successful in life, career-wise and just overall life-wise. Therefore, being a bully is a predictor for future success. It's fucked up that bullies are more successful and have better lives but that's just how it is. This world rewards cruelty and evil. The bad people get ahead
They were fucking low IQ pigs, they didn't do shit in life. I was the smartest and I barely survived from their shithole.aggression is low IQ sign.

Reactions: 333s