• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Personally I like them (as long as they aren't rude or randomly perverted) I have a hard time sending them out though, since I don't want to come across as weird. Probably why I have a hard time making friends - My paranoia goes against me.

What do you think? Do you like when someone reaches out first to engage in a conversation with you?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EternalShore, Heartaches, eatantz and 15 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I love them! Don't send out "cold calling" dms because I wouldn't want to be a bother to anyone. But ya, I love talking to different folks & finding out what they're all about…

Reactions: houseofleaves, Wantogonow, ColorlessTrees and 4 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Yes. Sometimes I feel bad because I have really rough days and don't get around to responding. I know sometimes when you don't hear from someone you assume the worst, so I try not to put others through that.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs and onlyanimalsaregood
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yes, but I feel awkward if the convo randomly dies.

Reactions: Élégie, ColorlessTrees, Al Cappella and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
No. I can't afford to get attached to people I can't help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WrongPlaceWrongTime, shush and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't mind it. Usually it's a request for a dick pic and I'm no prude, so.

• Yay!
Reactions: Heartaches and Un-
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I have zero desire for small-talk or such and when PM'd with that type of expectation, I tell people I do not engage in it and I stop responding.

But if someone PMs me asking for help, advice, tips, etc. I'm happy to answer specific questions.

Reactions: Heartaches, Al_stargate, Fragile and 1 other person
𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧

𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧

Mar 16, 2022
yea i do, people cn be friendy here. CAN be,

Reactions: Al_stargate
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Sure, I wouldn't mind.

Though I'm reluctant to send any random messages out, as I fear others would consider it bothersome.

The overall theme and melancholy atmosphere of this place makes it feel like people's moods are cyclical and arbitrary, and for whatever reason I feel like if I seek someone out for conversation they will bite my head off, or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Gloom, ColorlessTrees and 5 others
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
The overall theme and melancholy atmosphere of this place makes it feel like people's moods are cyclical and arbitrary, and for whatever reason I feel like if I seek someone out for conversation they will bite my head off, or something.
That's how I feel...I don't wanna rattle any feathers here.

Reactions: hungry_ghost
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
From strangers, I like when there's a context.
From friends, anytime!

Reactions: Someone123
G

Glowarm

F*ck everyone and everything
Apr 8, 2022
I do. But like a lot of others I don't usually send cause I don't want to bother people.

Reactions: Al Cappella and Message In A Bottle
Sarros

Sarros

Sep 2, 2021
Yea, I love it. That stuff makes my day. PMs of any kind from any media. I always get sad when the Chinese crypto scammers I'm catfishing stop messaging me back. I'm down bad.

• Yay!
Reactions: eatantz and Oblivion Access
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Everytime I get a pm I always feel like I'm in trouble for some reason. Lol it's the paranoia in me. Sure, I don't mind getting them.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
No. They're evil

Reactions: Un-
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Never thought about it. I don't think there's like or dislike, it just is. I'll send a pm if I have a question or a comment not for everyone to see, I'd expect other people would do the same.

Better question, do you shy from sending a pm because you're worried how it will be received?
No. I can't afford to get attached to people I can't help.
Are you saying anyone you would pm can't be helped or that you get attached easy? No hate, just curious

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I have zero desire for small-talk or such and when PM'd with that type of expectation, I tell people I do not engage in it and I stop responding.

But if someone PMs me asking for help, advice, tips, etc. I'm happy to answer specific questions.
I'm sort of the opposite.

I never get PMs from people who want small talk or a friendly chat. I would be fine with that. If it gets weird or annoying I can always choose to stop talking to them. I'm not against making friends but I'm not going out of my way either.

It's always people asking for help and advice about suicide. Suppose it's to be expected, but I'm actually uncomfortable with it. Sometimes I answer questions politely, but I never tell people what to do.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I love getting PMs and, like Noam Chomsky, reply personally to all of my fan mail, including the regular "11.6% Warning For Obnoxious Personality" ones. I do sometimes wish l got more of the Hot Anime Avi variety and less of the Angry Horny Neckbeard sort but all comments are gratefully received nonetheless.

• Yay!
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, gottablast888, freedompass and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I like receiving messages (I do not tend to initiate correspondence because it's something I find difficult), but I worry about letting people down. I struggle at times to respond or keep a conversation going. It's never intentional, it's due to my disabilities, social problems and poor health. However, I am always willing to listen, even if I can't always contribute much in return.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, charlottewilts, motel rooms and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I like em. For whatever reason though, 15% have been from people that dislike me and feel compelled to say it privately, normally on top of publically, weirdly enough.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Someone123, ColorlessTrees, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I like em. For whatever reason though, 30% have been from people that dislike me and feel compelled to say it privately, normally on top of publically, weirdly enough.
At least they aren't being fake, I guess? :pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Personally I like them (as long as they aren't rude or randomly perverted) I have a hard time sending them out though, since I don't want to come across as weird. Probably why I have a hard time making friends - My paranoia goes against me.

What do you think? Do you like when someone reaches out first to engage in a conversation with you?
depends who I'm talking to and if the conversation is authentic or not

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I don't get many, maybe coz I don't post that much. More of a lurker and reader. I've pm'd maybe 4 people in all usually to try to spark a friendship. Nothing lasting so far (that may be partly me). I've received few myself, only a couple have been social. For the record I would be happy to hear from anyone, I could really use more peeps to natter to! 😁

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yes, I don't mind. I think it does us good to talk to each other.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I love getting PMs and, like Noam Chomsky, reply personally to all of my fan mail, including the regular "11.6% Warning For Obnoxious Personality" ones. I do sometimes wish l got more of the Hot Anime Avi variety and less of the Angry Horny Neckbeard sort but all comments are gratefully received nonetheless.
I laughed out loud at this

Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
I do like PMs, but what upsetting is that most of the messages i receive are just never ending questions and in the beginning they pretend to be supportive and they just suddenly disappear. I think it's a common practice in this forum

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I will add that I will not like receiving private messages or chats that attempt to talk me out of CTB, or that try to force feed me toxic positivity/platitudes. I'm already set on my decision and know what would need to happen for me to want to keep living. I don't need anyone to attempt to gaslight me. If I wanted to be gaslit, I'd go to therapy again.

Reactions: houseofleaves, Kismet and Blue_mist