Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Personally, nothing in life comforts me, for even the joys, fleeting and fragile, can be toppled like a house of cards by a sufficiently violent gust of pain. Therefore, I am aware that, when all is considered, only nothingness will bring me lasting redemption.

In truth, nothing in existence is of much comfort to me; all I know is that I am deeply tired and alone. It is said that the eyes are the reflection of the soul, but I rather think that they are the reflection of misery. At least mine, empty and sad as those of a broken toy, betray my weariness and my apathy and my sorrow and my grief and my hatred and my remorse, and not a trace of vitality is to be seen in them.

There is nothing left, then, but to wait for the blessed day when I shall be free from the life sentence to which I have been unjustly condemned - to live. And, in the meantime, I suppose I shall devote myself to what I have hitherto done, which is but to lead the life of an insignificant ghost whose cries of anguish are drowned out by the din of the world.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Life interrupted, pthnrdnojvsc, 710 and 1 other person
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
only senseless hedonism and mindless self indulgence bring happiness in my life. i'm fine with it although it crippled my mental and physical health and it's getting increasingly harder to reach satisfactory sensory overload through known means

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87, Rational man and ApparentlyNot
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, nothing, there is no comfort to be found in existing, instead there's just emptiness and dread, existing just causes harm and I also see existing as being a punishment, it's something I never would have wished to be burdened with, only non-existence can offer true relief from the ultimate cause of all suffering.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87 and Rational man
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I find solace in comfort eating but that makes me fat, which makes me miserable which makes me want to eat more.

I find solace in being alone because I find it a strain to be around people.

I find solace in relaxing because when I have work, it's really full on.

So- things that are pleasurable are so because they are compared to things that aren't so pleasurable and even things that are nice have a sting in the tail!

I think life is very much about contrast. You don't appreciate things if you do them all the time. People enjoy their leisure time because it gives them a break from working. If they relaxed the whole time though- I expect the novelty would wear off. We're such difficult creatures to please I suppose. We always seem to want what we don't have. It's tiring being so needy! Plus, it's so hard to maintain a balance in this world.

• Aww..
Reactions: 710, Daxter_87 and Rational man
Upvote 0
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I find solace in peace like sitting by a stream in the forest and seeing animals roaming around. I have become alienated from most human contact now since I became ill. Most friends I knew just vanished so maybe I find comfort in knowing that Im better off on my own away from too much painful human contact. I find peace in not having to engage myself in yet another mindless chat with someone who doesnt really give a sh*t. I was in love once but betrayal ended that so yeh, maybe I find contentment in being a single, free thinking man.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87
Upvote 0
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I find solace in comfort eating but that makes me fat, which makes me miserable which makes me want to eat more.

I find solace in being alone because I find it a strain to be around people.

I find solace in relaxing because when I have work, it's really full on.

So- things that are pleasurable are so because they are compared to things that aren't so pleasurable and even things that are nice have a sting in the tail!

I think life is very much about contrast. You don't appreciate things if you do them all the time. People enjoy their leisure time because it gives them a break from working. If they relaxed the whole time though- I expect the novelty would wear off. We're such difficult creatures to please I suppose. We always seem to want what we don't have. It's tiring being so needy! Plus, it's so hard to maintain a balance in this world.

Indeed. It is difficult to appreciate freedom unless you have been in prison. Most pleasures consist in alleviating the deprivation that constantly gnaws at us, such as food, and that is also why we take for granted things that millions lack.

In fact, we gain nothing by satisfying such needs, for they will always come back to whip us again until our demise. So it is with the tyranny of body and mind...

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Forever Sleep
Upvote 0