Do you think suicide is something that everyone should do?

• No, I think my life is particularly shit & suicide is only a good idea for people with shit lives

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Yes, I think that suicide is probably a good idea for anyone & existence sucks (pro-mortalism)

Votes: 25 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I'm assuming their argument is that everyone would cone to that conclusion if they could feel 12/10 pain for just a few minutes and had enough foresight to understand that there's a small but realistic chance of them being trapped in that kind of pain (for years, decades) w/o the ability to commit suicide.

It's not that bad of an argument imo, it just doesn't take into account that pain is a subjective expierence that people can perceive in different ways, based on the neuro-chemical makeup of their brains. Hell, there's even masochists who find immense pleasure in agony; not sure how that fits into their equation

ETA Now that I tyoe it out, it sounds a lot less reasonable than I thought, given the unlikelyhood of such a scenario. I think most people would take the gamble, even if they knew how bad things csn get.
If that is the argument being made, that no one would want to deal with severe pain and would prefer death, people with chronic or terminal illnesses would not wish to fight the disease. Some are driven to suicide, but what about the people who get diagnosed with stage IV cancer that relapses multiple times and have to undergo extremely painful and taxing treatments and still say without an ounce of doubt that they are going to continue to fight. People with some of the most painful diseases and disorders in the world will say that they do not want to die and will do whatever it takes to live. Obviously it's not a one size fits all solution. Some people with painful conditions wish to die, some want nothing more than to live, some fit somewhere in the middle. But the argument that the potential for extreme pain alone would be enough to make everyone want to die is simply incorrect. Everyone perceives life differently and is fueled by personal beliefs and values. Suffering is even seen as a gift and something worth being proud of by some.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
You fail to address the very important youtube video showing a cat chasing a mouse and therefore this is Straw Manning and also Gas Lighting, once again proving that you prolifers have absolutely no argument when presented with such powerful Logic and also Facts

Addressing this point and only this point, N is a controlled substance because it's lethal and death is its only real purpose when bought in high volume. It is therefore a potential murder weapon and should probably not be freely available to dipshits.

As for the rest of your post(s), you're regularly angry on here in a manner which suggests folk here are preventing you from killing yourself by way of not agreeing with your absolutist position, this isn't the case, nobody is keeping you alive and I'm not sure what you're railing against. People kill themselves every day without giving a fuck about online opinion on the nocturnal activities of domestic cats.
Those are lies and spin to deceive . It's ridiculous that you are justifying the government taking away everyone's most important rights by saying saying N is a murder weapon . How many were murdered with N show the 100s of proven cases if u can't then admit u lied

No the government not only made Nembutal a crime but also made anyone helping u with suicide , suicide booths & any guaranteed method crimes and the monsters are about to about to ban Sn In the U.S .

Many people are trapped suffering extreme torture or will suffer extremely with no guaranteed way out. I've seen many just here in this site that are suffering extremely or will soon that would want to purchase assistance in suicide because that's guaranteed. A diy suicide method is risky painful which could leave one in a worse condition like with added brain damage to all their problems

The most important right is to able to move away from pain or suffering in a guaranteed easy instant painless way. They have taken taken that right away just to keep everyone in the prison as slaves. They also took away the right to individual autonomy

They made this world and life a prison.

Another lie that it's about the children . Again show How many children died by Nembutal. Were it about the children why don't they at least let over age18 buy nembutal , assistance in suicide, SN

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Talvikki, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Those are lies and spin to deceive . It's ridiculous that you are justifying the government taking away everyone's most important rights by saying saying N is a murder weapon . How many were murdered with N show the 100s of proven cases if u can't then admit u lied
I'm explaining why it's a controlled drug. Tune in next week when Chinaski explains to "pthffethshkjjksghr" why guns are not sold in UK supermarkets

Reactions: EvisceratedJester and willitpass
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It's good for anyone that cannot or does not want to tolerate suffering. It's the only alternative to suffering.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, LifeQuitter, WhatPowerIs and 2 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I'm too sleepy to understand this post. How about none of the above for the poll?

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36 and finallydone
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
I'm explaining why it's a controlled drug. Tune in next week when Chinaski explains to "pthffethshkjjksghr" why guns are not sold in UK supermarkets
America though, here you can still buy firearms at Walmart in several states.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
And look how that's going for us. Nearly 400 mass shootings this calendar year alone.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
And dipshit american cunts who spend too much time trying to sound like philosophers on the internet keep buying them and blasting their fucking classmates into oblivion, this is the point

Reactions: willitpass and EvisceratedJester
deathistheaesthetic

deathistheaesthetic

call me sol
Dec 1, 2020
its just a good idea for me (or others like me), everyone else has it super easy and honestly good for them

finallydone

finallydone

Aug 18, 2024
like every other aspect of life, people have varying degrees of luck when it comes to suffering, some so little, some so and so and some are just outliers
with that said, i think it's only logical to assume that suicide isn't meant for everyone
however imo, stopping procreation is the thing that everybody should be doing, cuz with no one around, no one would be contemplating suicide

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
And look how that's going for us. Nearly 400 mass shootings this calendar year alone.

And dipshit american cunts who spend too much time trying to sound like philosophers on the internet keep buying them and blasting their fucking classmates into oblivion, this is the point
Yeah, just couldn't help pointing out how gun crazy America is. That we actually do sell them in supermarkets. Guns seem to have more rights than women. After Sandy Hook I depressingly realized nothing was going to change, it would only get worse.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Chinaski and EvisceratedJester
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While I wished there is a more pro-choice option, I chose the one that seems to align closer to my values and individual. As a pro-choice platform and someone who is a staunch advocate for pro-choice when it comes to the right to a dignified death (on one's own terms), I would say that for people with shitty lives, they should have the option to CTB. Of course though, there should be safeguards and they should be encouraged to at least try other things and consider other options before immediately be given a permanent solution that cannot be reversed. Things like waiting periods and understanding one's own decisions and such are good safeguards as a start and to name a few.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and LifeQuitter
bl00deater

bl00deater

The Bloodeater Hungers
Oct 7, 2024
I think its perfect for me, I get a little sad at cbt stats if im honest, I haven't done anything worth while so it's saving air for people who need it.

Then again i worry about people being alive at all right now, it's been unbearably hot, if people don't cbt they will be here n die of heat exhaustion lol. I talked about this with my brother n he said that won't happen for awhile. I don't think anyone should suffer, and I don't think anyone but me needs to cbt, since I place my faith in things will improve for everyone but me.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
The word PROBABLY should be erased from the poll question.

Yes, I think that suicide is a good idea for anyone & existence sucks (pro-mortalism)

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, LifeQuitter, WhatPowerIs and 1 other person
WildAtHeart

WildAtHeart

tired
Oct 1, 2024
for those who see it as the only way to find peace, and it is the only way to find peace (including myself) then sure. But for the others no.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I only stay around this forum to see if arrogant fuckfaces like you have killed themselves yet.
That would make me very happy.
So you think suicide is great but hang around to revel in the suicide of others? I dunno man, sounds like the problem is with you, none of your business if the next person offs themselves or not imo

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I only stay around this forum to see if arrogant fuckfaces like you have killed themselves yet.
That would make me very happy.
So you stay here because you like it and it makes you happy when others ctb? That's gross.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
So you think suicide is great but hang around to revel in the suicide of others? I dunno man, sounds like the problem is with you, none of your business if the next person offs themselves or not imo
Don't put words in my mouth dickhead. I didn't say suicide was great and I don't give a shit if someone kills themselves especially you.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Talvikki, divinemistress36 and 3 others
pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
suicide is not a walk-in-the-park. non-impulsive acts require proper deliberation and incentive. reason is the mouthpiece of emotion, and it should go without saying that many do enjoy living life, despite how many would declaim that as a deluded, non-enlightened existence. whether it be hanging, suicide by gunshot, an overdose, etc., it is obviously existentially a great burden on the individual, both to hold and commit to such desires. i could see an argument for efilism in which humanity was wiped out by the press of a button, but this thread seems to be very black-and-white and non-representative of the majority of people alive today

asa

asa

Aug 22, 2024
People have the free will to do whatever they want with their lives, but I really don't want anyone to feel like taking their life is the only option to escape suffering.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
'Slf am rsk avrse & fr tht reasn evry1 shl di'

Wondr whch art schl u wre rejctd frm

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4
L

lifeiswondrful

Jun 23, 2023
I'm pro choice. It's up to the individual to decide whether their life is shit enough that they want to end it. That said, I lean towards antinatilism- seems fairer not to expose a being to the risk of it being shit to begin with. Once they're here though- it's up to them.

Promortilism in action is genocide. I don't support genocide. If some external event happened and all humans died or all humans went antinatilist though- I think that would be good for the rest of the planet.
This. This perfectly sums up my thoughts.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Forever Sleep
rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
Locked as people are unable to discuss without insulting each other and encourage suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.