DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yes, knowledge can be a hindrance to creativity and imagination. For every small step, a knowledgeable person checks the deviation against his knowledge base and abandon the whole curiosity upon any slight disagreement.

Reactions: sserafim
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Archeologists and geologists might disagree. Yes, thats why we examine geological record, anthropology, philology, ect. Not just scripts and texts.

My cousin has a bachelors and PhD in architecture and a masters in industrial design from a top school. He can explain the pyramids better than I can. But long story short, it wasn't aliens or whatever. But I can give it a shot, if you'd like.

Its hard to hide construction projects of the magnitude of Mt. Yamantau or Cheyenne Mountain. Plus the resources needed. I do, however, find things interesting like Soong Dong cave discovered in 1990. I'm sure the government has secret bases in remote areas. But today it's hard to hide anything from satellites. The NRO's job is to track enemy nuclear submarines, for example. They have ~100 satellites more powerful than the Hubble scanning earth all the time. (I can link to this).

Was there an Atlantis? Sort of, off the coast of Greece.

Both Plato and Socrates are historical figures widely accepted to have existed. However, like many figures from ancient history, there are occasional fringe theories or skeptical viewpoints regarding their existence. These viewpoints are not widely supported by mainstream scholarship, which overwhelmingly affirms the existence of both Plato and Socrates based on historical texts, archaeological evidence, and their significant influence on subsequent philosophical thought.

Cemetery Wind is an example, NRO is an example, Delta Force is an example. I'm sure there's other units. Maybe not entire branches of the military, per se. But after 9/11, PBS discovered that over 1,500 agencies were created, over 2,000 companies were contracted and over 1.5 times as many people who live in DC were granted Top Secret clearance. The government didn't acknowledge the NRO and Delta's existence until the '90's. The CO is kept secret. The budgets are classified, same with the CIA's. The Pentagon has a separate black budget.
All black projects (super secret) are funded beyond the "experimental" budget items, by including funds in other projects, so these projects provide "shelter" from direct oversite funding. They really did not pay $400 for a hammer. Projects like the the F-35 could actually be an intelligence community money laundering scheme for slush funds. Or it could be a hybrid (being delayed so they can put money in continuously while siphoning most of it off for other uses, but still progressing to an eventual conclusion). Or it could be just a colossal boondoggle kept alive to keep jobs alive in various key congressional districts.

They didn't keep nuclear secrets very long. One of the key scientists working on it was a Russian spy.

I personally like to deal in the world of facts and empirical data.
It seems your best reply is "trust me. I know people in top schools and I work for rich clients," and dumping some long and barely relevant text, which is quite easy to generate these days. I find some interesting stuff in your reply, but I don't always have the energy to go through everything to separate the relevant from the junk every-time. Please pardon me if I don't reply to every one of your message.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I do not think that the human species is an abomination, but I do think that human behavior and a large portion of human history is abominable. I believe that our species - as a whole - has the potential to become so much more, but it seems that with every step forward in progress there is always something more sinister that appears as well. When I see any advancement in space technology I feel excited, and then when I simultaneously read a story of a new genocide taking place somewhere it makes me feel angry and frustrated. There is always some form of petty tribalism which gets in the way!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Homo erectus
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
The idea of arsenic-based DNA gained attention after a controversial study in 2010 suggested that certain bacteria could incorporate arsenic into their DNA in place of phosphorus. However, subsequent research cast doubt on these findings, with many scientists critiquing the experimental methods and conclusions of the original study. As of now, there is no conclusive evidence to support the existence of arsenic-based DNA in any known life forms. Carbon and phosphorus remain essential elements for the structure and function of DNA in all known life on Earth.

A notable difference between carbon biochemistry and silicon biochemistry is that silicon binds to fewer elements than carbon does. Carbon is unparalleled in its ability to form long chains and complex structures, making it the cornerstone of organic chemistry and the basis for life as we know it. Silicon, while not as versatile as carbon, shares some similar chemical properties and can also form large and complex molecules, albeit with some limitations compared to carbon.

Silicon-based life, while intriguing in theory, presents several challenges and limitations compared to carbon-based life:

1. Stability: Silicon compounds tend to be less stable than their carbon counterparts. This instability could hinder the formation of complex and long-lasting molecular structures necessary for life.

2. Solubility: Silicon compounds are generally less soluble in water than carbon compounds. Water is a universal solvent essential for life as we know it, so limited solubility could pose challenges for biological processes.

3. Reactivity: Silicon-based compounds may react differently with other elements and molecules compared to carbon-based compounds. This could affect the metabolic processes and biochemical reactions necessary for life.

4. Availability: While silicon is abundant in the Earth's crust, it's not as prevalent in the biosphere as carbon. This could limit the potential habitats for silicon-based life.

5. Evolutionary history: Life on Earth evolved based on carbon, with organisms adapted to utilize carbon compounds in various biological processes. Transitioning to a silicon-based biochemistry would require significant evolutionary changes, which may be unlikely given the success of carbon-based life.

Overall, while silicon-based life is an intriguing concept, the challenges and limitations suggest that carbon remains the preferred building block for life as we know it.

Sand (and glass) is primarily composed of silicon dioxide (SiO2), which is commonly known as silica. While silicon is an element, sand itself is not made of pure silicon but rather silicon bonded with oxygen atoms to form silicon dioxide molecules. Sand and glass can also contain other minerals and materials, depending on its source and composition.
Cncpt thry still posbl do altrnt biochemy crnt evol no efcnt

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Homo erectus
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
It seems your best reply is "trust me. I know people in top schools and I work for rich clients," and dumping some long and barely relevant text, which is quite easy to generate these days. I find some interesting stuff in your reply, but I don't always have the energy to go through everything to separate the relevant from the junk every-time. Please pardon me if I don't reply to every one of your message.
I mean, if you're actually in the sciences, like I have been then, at some point point you kinda just have to trust somebody at some point because there's no way that you can do every single calculation and spend all your time studying every single step of every every single subject, because science builds on itself
I think you also have to realize that these are people that have dedicated their entire lives to studying these subjects. For example, a friend of mine is a mechanical engineer with a PhD. He's going to understand a lot more about how an airplane works that I will.
OK so let me ask you this what is your opinion on
The explanation for three generations of matter based on an index of six on a calabi-yau manifold at every point in space and time?
Cncpt thry still posbl do altrnt biochemy crnt evol no efcnt
Honestly, I don't even know what that means because you're using so many acronyms. Could you please explain?
Again, if you're going to propose an ultra theory, you need to have empirical evidence and you need to have alternate explanations. So what is your evidence for an alternate explanation for the structures? Can you please display the calculations of how you got there? What is your background and knowledge of material science, architecture, structural engineering?
OK, please explain how the phone works and the electrical engineering behind semi conductors? we're talking to each other over the Internet. I think some of these people actually know what they're doing. Even if they were hypothetically, reverse, engineering, alien, technology, or whatever then they still have a good enough understanding to actually manipulated into it to reverse engineer it
Well it's because a lot of these things you're posting are fringe theories without any solid substantial evidence behind them. I'm giving you examples of the government actually doing secretive things. But you're not providing any actual evidence you're just speculating

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobacco, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I do not think that the human species is an abomination, but I do think that human behavior and a large portion of human history is abominable. I believe that our species - as a whole - has the potential to become so much more, but it seems that with every step forward in progress there is always something more sinister that appears as well. When I see any advancement in space technology I feel excited, and then when I simultaneously read a story of a new genocide taking place somewhere it makes me feel angry and frustrated. There is always some form of petty tribalism which gets in the way!
You don't believe that humanity is an abomination of nature? No other animal is like us.

Reactions: Tobacco, Praestat_Mori and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I mean, if you're actually in the sciences, like I have been then, at some point point you kinda just have to trust somebody at some point because there's no way that you can do every single calculation and spend all your time studying every single step of every every single subject, because science builds on itself

I think you also have to realize that these are people that have dedicated their entire lives to studying these subjects. For example, a friend of mine is a mechanical engineer with a PhD. He's going to understand a lot more about how an airplane works that I will.

OK so let me ask you this what is your opinion on
The explanation for three generations of matter based on an index of six on a calabi-yau manifold at every point in space and time?

Honestly, I don't even know what that means because you're using so many acronyms. Could you please explain?

Again, if you're going to propose an ultra theory, you need to have empirical evidence and you need to have alternate explanations. So what is your evidence for an alternate explanation for the structures? Can you please display the calculations of how you got there? What is your background and knowledge of material science, architecture, structural engineering?

OK, please explain how the phone works and the electrical engineering behind semi conductors? we're talking to each other over the Internet. I think some of these people actually know what they're doing. Even if they were hypothetically, reverse, engineering, alien, technology, or whatever then they still have a good enough understanding to actually manipulated into it to reverse engineer it

Well it's because a lot of these things you're posting are fringe theories without any solid substantial evidence behind them. I'm giving you examples of the government actually doing secretive things. But you're not providing any actual evidence you're just speculating
I don't know what you are complaining. I don't pretend to know everything (or even many things). I don't pull rank. I am tired of boasting. If you enjoy that, that's fine. It doesn't really bother me. Everyone has a different way of life. I don't impose my worldview and epistemology on you. I don't have the ego to look profound. I just want peace for the rest of my life. I find like-minded people here and have interesting discussions. I also find some of you information insightful and helpful for understanding the meaning of life and afterlife. I think you can be a valuable contributor to this forum.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, DarkRange55 and sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I don't know what you are complaining. I don't pretend to know everything (or even many things). I don't pull rank. I am tired of boasting. If you enjoy that, that's fine. It doesn't really bother me. Everyone has a different way of life. I don't impose my worldview and epistemology on you. I don't have the ego to look profound. I just want peace for the rest of my life. I find like-minded people here and have interesting discussions. I also find some of you information insightful and helpful for understanding the meaning of life and afterlife. I think you can be a valuable contributor to this forum.
Thank you for extending the olive branch. I think you do have some interesting points, most recently I like the information bubble you mentioned. I'm glad you enjoy this forum in general and just hope I can help provide insight whenever possible. Perhaps, I should dial back a bit on my part of being overly zealous and coming off as arrogant which is the last thing I want to do. I hope to see you around here more. 🕊️ 🤝
PS I hope you post on the language thread I just posted 👍
I just want to say thanks again for reaching out. And just for the (public) record: I certainly don't know everything. Far from it. So thank you for keeping my ego in check. I would like to maintain a little bit of modesty because it's healthy to do so. It's not healthy to get a big head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Human abnm 100% awfl species injury damage me awfl bio all pain sffr

Many chemy posbl altrnt even if no dscvr, rlty only 1 type thry no end type

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus and DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Human abnm 100% awfl species injury damage me awfl bio all pain sffr

Many chemy posbl altrnt even if no dscvr, rlty only 1 type thry no end type
Ohh! Okay, gotcha! Thank you for clarifying! Also sorry I didn't see your profile handle.

Alternative biochemistry, which involves life forms based on elements or molecules different from those found in life on Earth, is theoretically possible. Certainly possible. Given the vastness of the universe and the variety of chemical compounds, it's conceivable that alternative forms of life could exist. The search for such forms of life is an active area of scientific exploration.
For example, a binary star system could have a smattering of heavier elements if it were formed near colliding neutron stars, (but they would be pretty rare in any case). It is unknown whether element 115 can be a stable isotope but it is reasonably probable, and yes, it could be made in colliding neutron stars.

👍

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Thank you for extending the olive branch. I think you do have some interesting points, most recently I like the information bubble you mentioned. I'm glad you enjoy this forum in general and just hope I can help provide insight whenever possible. Perhaps, I should dial back a bit on my part of being overly zealous and coming off as arrogant which is the last thing I want to do. I hope to see you around here more. 🕊️ 🤝
PS I hope you post on the language thread I just posted 👍

I just want to say thanks again for reaching out. And just for the (public) record: I certainly don't know everything. Far from it. So thank you for keeping my ego in check. I would like to maintain a little bit of modesty because it's healthy to do so. It's not healthy to get a big head.

I was drunk yesterday, and therefore overreacted. I have nothing against you, and don't reject mainstream ideas. I always say I *also* explore alternative ideas. I tend to focus on gaps and inconsistencies in history and stories people tell, but don't have a concrete view myself. If I had been successful in society, I would probably take the blue pill, enjoy and reinforce the mainstream world. Different people have different personalities, some I like, some I don't, but I don't have strong opinion on how people should behave as in a society. I guess we all behalf somewhat differently as part of the simulation to determine who will survive the next catastrophe. I don't have much attention to read long messages (people here tend to write long), I read about two lines and guess the rest. I probably have missed a lot of the good stuff you have posted. Thank you too for your information and ideas.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and DarkRange55
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
You don't believe that humanity is an abomination of nature? No other animal is like us.
No I do not think so... this could change, as it has done for me before. The horrible acts committed by certain humans is disgusting though. Nature itself - or specifically nature in the animal kingdom - is an abomination.

Edit: Also I know that there is the "Nature versus Nature" debate, so whether or not the vile behavior of some humans could be attributed to nature is debatable too, so perhaps I am wrong to say that it is even human nature that is disgusting as well?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
Humanity is capable of both great and terrible things. But I don't think it's right to continue seeking goodness if the price we have to pay is having monsters around.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yes and Yes. The human race has not only failed as a species (overall) it continues to threaten nature and the planet as a whole. The dinosaurs should have continued to rule the earth. Maybe it is time for another great reset?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
yes

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

No Future For Democracy
Feb 22, 2024
Depends what you mean by "abomination."
But, not really. I think Humans have a lot of potential, but are held back by their emotional aspects, and their Humanity (in the sense that they die quite young, are weak, etc)

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, the human species is definitely an abomination

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I think all animals are flawed and evil in their own right, but there's too much good in the world to call humanity an abomination.

deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Surely, it would be better if there were no humans in this ball of mud

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Definitely not.

Even a tragedy can have poetic beauty.

Last edited:
innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
What I truly believe is that all people have a deep "evil" inside of them. The difference between a psychopath and regular person is just that a psychopath doesn't convince himself that he is justified in order to soothe his ego. Deep down both of them enjoy torture and abusing others.The absolute #1 thing that people love more than anything else in this world is to be a victim, thats why they will never accept that they are evil.

Last edited:
  • Informative
S

splendiferous

May 2, 2024
Yes but only whenever I think of the fact that we slaughter almost a hundred billion animals worldwide in factory farms every year, where they live in horrendous conditions. And that is only land animals. When I forget about that I am ambivalent

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Most things of value in this world come from humans.
Well, don't get me wrong humans have created wonderful things like the arts but they have also created nuclear bombs. In my opinon most things of value don't come from humans but come from nature itself. However, mankind is destroying that also.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Well, don't get me wrong humans have created wonderful things like the arts but they have also created nuclear bombs. In my opinion most things of value don't come from humans but come from nature itself. However, mankind is destroying that also.