C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
For me it highlighted the need for planning and resources and really put me off doing anything impulsive which was more likely in the months I was lurking and then joined due to reading a post that really resonated with me.

In terms of the full word 'recover' thats a big word. But I guess there's infinitely more chance of recovery if I haven't attempted something impulsively and either ended up dead or severely ill/injured.

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and whywere
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Student
Sep 10, 2024
I've always believed in open discussion of all and any mental health condition, be it self harm, suicide, whatever. I believe we must destroy the stigma of mental health, including suicide. I won't hide the fact that I believe in assisted suicide, my physical health is slowly going downhill. Talking about suicide is good, and its probably saving lives, not the other way around.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle, whywere and Rudi
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Dropping a link (that's right) in here to this thread by @Placo with a compilation of "the other kind of goodbye" threads from the first half of this year.

To whom it may concern and be of interest: Users who improved in the first half of 2024

(it seemed relevant)

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and LifeQuitter
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I think for me it has shifted my idea of what recovery can be. In the time when I first found the site I was actively suicidal. At the time this was very scary to me as I have attempted multiple times in my life. It felt like the feeling could overtake me. I was scared to talk about it with my therapist.

After coming to the site I started my research, both on methods and the DIY right to die movement in general. This removed the feeling of taboo around suicide. I no longer felt that I was afraid of my ideation. I feel confident in my right to choose the time of my death. This made the whole subject more rational.

When researching methods it's become obvious there is a lot to learn and plan for. Taking on suicide as a lifelong project has really shifted my attitude. I'm working on building kits and possible plans. For me recovery means managing impulsive urges, so in a weird way researching and planning is a part of my recovery. lol

It reminds me of this quote from Emil Cioran: "What saved me was the idea of suicide. If it wasn't for the idea of suicide I would have killed myself." (paraphrased)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle, ConfusedClouds and whywere
Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
When people feel trapped in their suffering, they're far more likely to commit suicide. A forum like this makes people feel less trapped. We all realize that we have options, and this reduces the number of people who out of desperation will follow through. If all adults qualify for medically assisted dying, this would also reduce the total number of people who commit suicide because of chronic health issues.

It's the feeling of being trapped in our suffering, that makes it completely unbearable. This is what creates the most anxiety and stress. People who are not currently suffering from any health issues need to understand this, and it needs to happen quickly.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere