• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

đź–¤
Apr 17, 2024
could there be a negative relation between the amount of time spent on this website & attempting ctb?
meaning, as time on this site increases, likeliness of ctb attempt decreases.

i was thinking about it, and after reading through all the posts of failed attempts and complications of trying to ctb, I became more scared.
Perhaps i could have been more recklesss and/or impulsive before.

what do you think? do we overcomplicate ctb?

is it really that difficult?

edit: i am scared of death, and by overly & obsessively looking for information, I think I am searching for reasons why to NOT ctb—even though all I want is for everything to end
I think I do make it more complicated than it is

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Decided98, pleaseiwanttogo, ARW3N and 8 others
EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
It's just like watching news. If you start to fear everything that's reported you won't get anywhere.
It's a skill to choose what to believe/incorporate into considerations.

• Informative
Reactions: Decided98, Catlover124, Dumbass and 11 others
goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
Yea
could there be a negative relation between the amount of time spent on this website & attempting ctb?

i was thinking about it, and after reading through all the posts of failed attempts and complications of trying to ctb, I became more scared.

i do feel people overcomplicate shit tbh with you. I feel like things should be boiled down into a more digestible fashion making it easier for people to comprehend some people have difficulty with that such as myself

Linking someone to a 50 page SA on every detail of a method and exactly how it works and why it's just break shit down ya'know?

• Hugs
Reactions: lovedread and lizzywizzy09
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Before coming to the site. I was rather scared of the complications. Now, I have read quite a bit on the chosen method that's SN. For me, it looks safe enough that one won't have any issues if surviving the attempt.

I do need to clear one doubt that if I vomit ( will have additional glasses) or I pass out in between. But I think chances of surviving are slim, and I will leave little room for failure, if I need hospitalization that will be a problem and family will know.

Too much info can be a bad thing too, being stuck in the procrastination sucks but for thi needs to take some thought

Reactions: Decided98, pthnrdnojvsc, juna and 5 others
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
This forum gives people a way to face their reasonings and get feedback as well as the unbiased truth of how failure might look, so in that sense, yes, it could overcomplicate things. The information is there to minimize risk, but that doesn't mean plenty of people haven't been successful with stupid shit before.
There are also plenty that were already set in their decision who take the info and go for it—even without posting anything.

I'm not intending to invalidate anyone with this statement, but if you're truly ready to die, I don't think one website has the capability to muddy things much. Usually, it's the opposite.
Either way, it's a good thing if it makes you take a pause. Suicide is simple, but not always easy to pull off for a multitude of reasons. It should ideally be done with one's head on straight.

Knowledge is power.

Reactions: howlercoaster, EvisceratedJester, Unknown21 and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What I suppose would be interesting would be to know whether people who researched and planned an attempt were more successful than those who did it impulsively. Not that we'd ever be able to find that out. But, considering there are statistics like- only 1 in every 24 or 25 attempts is successful, it does make you wonder.

I think the benefit of sites like this mean we may not bother with methods that will likely only maim us- like OTC medication overdoses, slitting wrists and jumping from too lower height. All more prone to failure. I do know what you mean though. It can put you off reading about failed attempts and the consequences.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, ColorlessTrees and Forveleth
lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020
People do overcomplicate it. A lot. It's easier to talk and research and dream about death for some of us than to just bite the bullet and leave. Leaving is hard. For me I know right now Im stalling. The steps to take your own life imv is pretty straightforward and simple, but the mental preparation is the difficult part.

Reactions: user127679866 and Alexei_Kirillov
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, I don't believe suicide is overcomplicated as the way I see it it truly is so unnecessarily difficult to die. If one is reckless/impulsive it could lead to trying to die going wrong and leading to way worse suffering, what I find so horrible and cruel is how I cannot just have the option to easily die in a peaceful and guaranteed way, I despise how we exist in such an anti-suicide society.

Reactions: Decided98, unnamed2, Daxter_87 and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't believe it's a matter of over complicating it for most users. Most of us come here looking to learn about methods and gather all the info about our chosen method, which really isn't that complicated tbh. Some users take this info, put it in action and leave soon after, but the majority are able to find a sense of community and whatever that makes their existence a bit bearable, among other reasons, and so decide to stick around longer than they planned to.

Reactions: lovedread, worthIess, juna and 3 others
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

đź–¤
Apr 17, 2024
I don't believe it's a matter of over complicating it for most users. Most of us come here looking to learn about methods and gather all the info about our chosen method, which really isn't that complicated tbh. Some users take this info, put it in action and leave soon after, but the majority are able to find a sense of community and whatever that makes their existence a bit bearable, among other reasons, and so decide to stick around longer than they planned to.
I agree with what you are saying. I also came down from my earlier statement, as I think that— despite wanting to die now— I really was desperate to live a good life…

While knowing that is impossible now, I struggle with facing that reality, trying to hold on to my fantasy of how life could have been and, therefore, searching for reasons why NOT to ctb, assuming/trying to find reasons why I will fail when I try and therefore being stuck in this same inertia

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth and rozeske
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
If anything, I think this site makes things LESS complicated. I've seen dozens of first posts where people give a list of 20 medications and some elaborate dosing plan or they say they're going to shoot themselves while huffing CO while jumping off a building (ok, a bit exaggerated, but you get the idea). Even myself, before I came I was looking through the plethora of chemicals I can access and purchasing medical equipment for something that ultimately didn't work.

But then the above people are guided to slow down, do research, think it through, pick something they know will work. Now I have a simple rope and, after some practice, I know it's all I need. It's difficult to die but it isn't complicated to kill yourself. Humans, for all of our resilience, are incredibly fragile if you know the weak points.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
P

Panta Rhei

May 16, 2024
No. Ctb is in fact complicated, because it's against the body instinct of survival.

What most people do is oversimplifying it, because the media potrays it as if you just need to put a rope around your neck or go to a high place and jump, but in reality it's not that simple. Your brain program will back you off of lethal situations automatically. There are many failed attempts that don't get reported.

Those who managed to do it, their rational brains have win over their lizard brains. And those people are the 0.01%. (800k suicide/8b people)

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and divinemistress36
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
I like to use this site to talk about taboo subjects like death and suicide. Death is a normal part of life. Some (a minority) find death something positive and better than life. With whom I share the same feeling/believe in this case.
Having this community makes the current situation, where I cannot CTB because of current circumstances much more bearable.

I feel I am like in jail when I have to interact with society. Your basic personal freedom is not respected. People want to force their worldview on you, which is not possible. It's not something one chooses like clothes or food.

Reactions: Goku Black and divinemistress36
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
No. Ctb is in fact complicated, because it's against the body instinct of survival.

What most people do is oversimplifying it, because the media potrays it as if you just need to put a rope around your neck or go to a high place and jump, but in reality it's not that simple. Your brain program will back you off of lethal situations automatically. There are many failed attempts that don't get reported.

Those who managed to do it, their rational brains have win over their lizard brains. And those people are the 0.01%. (800k suicide/8b people)
You nailed it. Most people, including myself before I started seriously planning CTB, are under the false impression that you can kind of just "decide" to kill yourself and then go do it. But as Camus said, the body shrinks from annihilation, and especially if you're young and healthy, it will do everything in its power to thwart your plans. We wouldn't have survived this long as a species if we weren't so resilient.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Goku Black
A

AveMori

Feb 10, 2023
In my case, this site helped me put together a simple and effective protocol that's ready whenever I need it. Having my method of choice ready is the only reason life is bearable to me atm. I got SN through a source recommended to me on this site and got all the additional meds making the process more pleasant. Now I can truly live freely, because I know that everyday I am alive is because I want to be alive. This site gave me back those most basic rights that society does its best to steal from me and I will be grateful until my last day breathing.

• Hugs
Reactions: rotciv, Unknown21, divinemistress36 and 3 others
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023

edit: i am scared of death, and by overly & obsessively looking for information, I think I am searching for reasons why to NOT ctb—even though all I want is for everything to end
Yes, the majority of us do overcomplicate exiting. While we're searching for ctb information on how to do it, we unintentionally come across the downsides of the method, but people also do ask what happens after a failed attempt. Causing hesitation and sense of hopelessness if they don't like the result. The chosen words explaning the experience can be more than enough to convince us to avoid a specific method.

There are people who also have things they believe they care about more than the act of ctbing itself. Such as "I don't want to leave my dead body for a family, friend, or random person to see causing trauma to them" or things like trying to make the last moment special by turning it to something along the lines of being poetic. Then if that last moment doesn't meet the 'poetic criteria', then ctbing is not possible.
The few reasons preventing so many from leaving right at this very moment.

We could all just exit without all of these self-requirements we place upon ourselves. The fear of leaving because of an external thing that keeps us attached in this damn world.
That's why I stopped reading SN posts on here (my method) or any other method beyond the necessary preparation. Reading about people's failed experiences and others who tells you the damage it'll do to your body if it does fail to kill you annoys me. So yeah, I'm not immune to the effects from those words and because of that, I have to actively avoid it. I want to be comfortable having my SN close by and ready to use without fearing it. It's my only ticket out of here now.
Unfortunately I also have another reason that's still keeping me here.

You already know that it's affecting you in a worse way reading about the 'failed attempt posts.' Start avoiding those now and continue preparing for your method. That's at least a step forward to leaving everything.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Alexei_Kirillov
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I had thought about making a post discussing an interesting study I read that analyzed the motivations of people's choice of method. Decided not to, but encourage anyone to read it. One of the results was that accessibility is the most common factor in chosen method. My thoughts for discussion was how that made sense and could be catalogued from general responses on this site, but also created issues when intersected by other factors like wanting a non-violent death and an easy method. So I do think there is a combination of overcomplicating in some areas, while having conflicting priorities n choosing methods.

Reactions: Goku Black and Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I had thought about making a post discussing an interesting study I read that analyzed the motivations of people's choice of method. Decided not to, but encourage anyone to read it. One of the results was that accessibility is the most common factor in chosen method. My thoughts for discussion was how that made sense and could be catalogued from general responses on this site, but also created issues when intersected by other factors like wanting a non-violent death and an easy method. So I do think there is a combination of overcomplicating in some areas, while having conflicting priorities n choosing methods.

Thanks for the link, interesting read. I know for myself it's definitely true that I "overcomplicate" CTB in the sense that I have some very specific criteria that need to be met in order for me to consider a method.

Reactions: LaughingGoat
Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024
What I suppose would be interesting would be to know whether people who researched and planned an attempt were more successful than those who did it impulsively. Not that we'd ever be able to find that out.

There seems to be a link, but no straightforward answer.

1 (2012, n=143):
"Clinicians should not minimize the significance of impulsive attempts, as they are associated with a similar level of lethality as premeditated attempts."
"Although there were no group differences in the actual medical lethality of the attempt [...], those who made an impulsive attempt reported significantly lower expectations of death as a result of the attempt than those who made a premeditated attempt [...]. Individuals who made an impulsive attempt reported significantly less depression [...], and hopelessness [...], but reported similar levels of suicide ideation as individuals who made a premeditated attempt [...]."

2 (2024, systematic review & meta-analysis):
"Regarding suicide attempts, people who had attempted suicide showed greater impulsivity compared to those who have died by suicide. This difference was observed in both men and women [...]. Additionally, females who died by suicide exhibited lower levels of impulsivity compared to men, even though the proportion of highly impulsive individuals was similar between sexes[...]."

"Moreover, the interaction between mental disorders and impulsive traits could vary depending on the specific mental disorder assessed."

"In any case, the findings support hypothesis 1, suggesting that impulsivity is indeed associated with fatal suicide behavior.
Regarding hypothesis 2, which posted that aggression would mediate the relation between impulsivity and fatal suicide behavior, our analysis support this notion. Aggressive traits, as measured by the BGHA and OAS, were indeed identified as a mediator.
Finally, evidence regarding hypothesis 3, which anticipated the presence of confounding factors, such as mental disorders or previous suicide attempts, presents a mixed picture. The association between impulsivity and fatal suicide behaviour was in fact independent of several potentially confounding variables such as sex, age, selected impulsivity scale, presence of mental disorders, and previous suicide attempts. With respect to history of suicide attempts, results are striking as it is extensively linked with both impulsivity traits and death by suicide. However, it may be that the relation between non-lethal and lethal suicide attempts is only effective for specific clinical sub-samples such as people with personality disorders and young adult women with affective or substance abuse disorders, as identified in other works (Go˜ni-Sarri´es et al., 2018) that were under-represented in this work.
In any case, the results of the systematic review highlight the nuanced role of impulsivity in suicide across different mental disorders. While impulsivity is associated with increased suicidality in the context of BPD and substance use disorders, it appears to be unrelated in schizophrenia spectrum disorders, and in the context of depression, its predictive power on fatal suicide behavior is influenced by various factors including sex, aggressive traits, comorbid personality disorders and the severity of the depression. Discrepancies between the findings in the systematic review and meta-analysis likely stem from the way mental disorders were categorized in the articles included in the meta-analysis."

3 (2023, n=684):
"The study shows that physical abuse and impulsivity were associated with greater severity of suicide attempt, while depressive symptoms were associated with less severity of suicide attempt."

"It is known that impulsivity may play an important role in suicidal behaviour; however, there are few studies regarding the association between impulsivity and SSA [serious suicide attempts]. The degree of preparation and planning of suicidal behaviour is a significant factor in determining the severity of the attempt and it is generally used as an indicator of the impulsiveness state. In fact, many people die by suicide or engage in highly lethal behaviours due to their state impulsivity, in each circumstance, with no or poor planning. Although impulsiveness does not necessarily explain the severity of the suicide attempt, it does facilitate the ability to attempt a more lethal suicide in the future, especially among those patients who originally made an SSA. The inability to control the impulses, coupled with characteristics of aggression and feelings of anger are associated with the suicide attempt severity. According to the model of the acquired capability Component of Joiner's Interpersonal Psychological Theory of Suicide, impulsivity is a risk factor for the capability for suicide that moderates the experience of painful life events. Suicide attempters, particularly severe suicide attempters, experience reduced serotonergic activity that has been associated with impulsivity traits. These individuals are less likely to heed warning signs of fear and pain, leading them to fearlessness and pain insensitivity to the actions and ideas involved in severe suicide attempts."

Attachments

• 1 - Characteristics of individuals who make impulsive suicide attempts.pdf
    169.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2 - Impulsivity in fatal suicide behaviour - A systematic review and meta-analysis of psycholo...pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 3 - Clinical predictors and psychosocial risk factors of suicide attempt severity.pdf
    504.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Informative
Reactions: anxiousalpaca, lkjhgfdsa1 and Forever Sleep
DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Specialist
May 25, 2023
Idk your situation, but if you are looking for reasons on why you shouldn't do it and have doubts then you probably shouldn't CTB. Try to get the help that you need in order to recover. CTB is the final solution and there is no coming back from it. If you have any doubts just don't do it and live out your life.

To answer your main question, yeah majority of people here like myself are overcomplicating things and are subconsciously delaying it because we are either afraid or just not sure. I've seen some people though who just come here, lurk for a few days, ask a few questions about their method and then they are gone.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I believe so. Those who succeed are goal oriented, to them it is as simple as doing it.

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Strangely enough, there are two contradictory arguments regarding this. Some argue that CTB is an impulsive act, which is where all these suicide nets under bridges come into play as a deterrent. However, one suicidologist argues that CTB is a long-thought out act and not impulsive at all. My own personal experience of people who I know who have CTB'd suggests superficially an impulsive act, but the reality is that they've made previous failed attempts or been thinking about CTB for years in advance.

R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
We're not over complicating thing's at all.

A successful suicide is a complicated matter, especially if you want it to be guaranteed and painless.

I'm sure most people at some point in their lives have thought if such and such happend to me I would kill myself, but it's not until you're in that position when you realise killing yourself is really not that easy.

We live in a society where suicide is frowned upon and absolutely everything is done to try and make sure we don't have access to the means necessary to successfully take our own lives.

Medications are designed to be very difficult to obtain and also very difficult to OD on. Guns are almost impossible to obtain in majority of countries, bridges have safety bars etc.

The only reliable methods we have available will inevitably involve a painful and traumatic death, such as hanging or drowning.

Nobody really wants to end their life in a painful or traumatic way, so that's where it gets complicated. How do you successfully CTB in a peaceful and reliable way? None of us here really have the answer, which therefore makes it a complicated matter.

Even the Peaceful Pill Handbook written by someone who has devoted the majority of his life on doesn't have the answers. You look at all the methods outlined in the book and just about all of them are inaccessible to the majority of us. SN is probably the only one in the book of any value because it's cheap and relatively easy to obtain, but the verdict on it's peacefulness is still in question.

Suicide is not that simple, it's in fact very complicated.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Depends if you mean physically or emotionally.

Physically, yes absolutely. We have way over complicated things. A simple cord and some cushioning is all that's needed for a fast and peaceful exit. I think most humans know that intuitively. Literally can be dead a few minutes from now.

Emotionally though, not at all. The act leading upto and preparing to CTB is literally the most difficult and abnormal thing we can do. Wanting to die is irrational and against everything humans are here for. It can take some of us decades to get ready for a 5 minute final act.

howlercoaster

howlercoaster

May 27, 2024

I think that if you are not extremely cold or determined to just get it done soon, getting more in touch with the aspects of commiting suicide will scare you - cuz suicide is scary, fuck. I think that if you have the characteristics i mentioned you just go do it without checking too much of the surrounding questions that would make you fear doing it, be that familiar impacts or just pain in the ctb process.

Yesterday i was cut me but i accidentaly saw a fucking artery surgery while searching on youtube. The first time i read the Cutting and Stabbing chapter from the book of Geo Stone i literally fainted, and the most far i got was feeling my left radial artery with the blade, still with skin between them.

invisiblesuffering

invisiblesuffering

Mar 4, 2024
Im so afraid of failing my method. I want to die because of pain. More pain is the last thing i want.

lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
I think it is not easy to ctb. Our natural instincts are against it. I've never heard about an animal killing themselves purposely. We still have more instinctive behavior in us than most people think.

To the other question: personally I think not many people are overcomplicating anything especially if one already had a failed attempt. I think most are desperate to succeed and meanwhile try to overcome their natural instincts/ fears and try to work out how to overcome all of this with the desired outcome.