A57E2B01 463C 44D6 B580 800A6D248DA5
recuckadur called me a NPC but I'm literally the opposite lol

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Dr Iron Arc
bernara

bernara

Mar 15, 2024
Do not take words of anons from internet to heart. You are not a NPC.

Reactions: sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
See, here's the problem. You think that everyone around you is an NPC because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that everyone around you is a complex person with their own experiences, beliefs, etc. You come off as though you see yourself as above others. Rekamaður is just doing the same thing you like to do to everyone else.

• Informative
Reactions: lack, WhiteRabbit, Dr Iron Arc and 5 others
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
See, here's the problem. You think that everyone around you is an NPC because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that everyone around you is a complex person with their own experiences, beliefs, etc. You come off as though you see yourself as above others. Rekamaður is just doing the same thing you like to do to everyone else.

This hurts but is the honest, down to earth truth that is extremely hard to swallow, even for me. People are not just tools, not just means to an end. They deserve to live life their own way and exist even if it is incomprehensible and inconvenient for us.

Reactions: lack and EvisceratedJester
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
You say that because you're an NPC.
Pathetic.

• Yay!
Reactions: Saturn_, bandoscii, Downdraft and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
  • Wow
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Dr Iron Arc and eatantz
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
AHAHAHA, yeah, right!
I could use you as a tool. But for that to be your entire being and purpose to exist, would require your willful cooperation.
Being a tool is not an inherent property of a person.
me a NPC but I'm literally the opposite lol
That likely depends on the game, right? This label shouldn't be taken seriously, unless it convinces you to act in accordance with your own interest.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Blue Elephant
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
See, here's the problem. You think that everyone around you is an NPC because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that everyone around you is a complex person with their own experiences, beliefs, etc. You come off as though you see yourself as above others. Rekamaður is just doing the same thing you like to do to everyone else
We all had that phase when we were 14 and thought we're the only person on thain with an internal monologue. Some people mever grow out of that, I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: lack, Forever Sleep, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
You mean to suggest that it's wrong for me to think I'm the only smort and big brain person in this world who lived an interesting life of NEEThood, while literally everyone else is big dumb NPC and has nothing going on for them except indentured servitude to the wage gods? How can I cope?

• Yay!
Reactions: WhiteRabbit, Dr Iron Arc and EvisceratedJester
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
You don't seem like an "NPC" in the sense that your views clearly differ from societal norms. That said, you can appear to be uncritical of/complacent about your beliefs in the same way you or others might accuse "NPCs" of being (said as gently as possible).

Reactions: astr4, Dr Iron Arc and Sylveon
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I could use you as a tool. But for that to be your entire being and purpose to exist, would require your willful cooperation.
Being a tool is not an inherent property of a person.
With me yes, it would require my willful cooperation but then again I'm pretty fucking smart. With others? AHAHAHA! Please stop!

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
This NPC shit is so narcissistic and dumb. I hate when it pops up on here, I should've added it to my comment in the SS pet peeve thread.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Angst Filled Fuck Up and Saturn_
Saturn_

Saturn_

Arcanist
Apr 22, 2024
I think I'm starting to see why your mom said that these people are influencing you.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, EvisceratedJester and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Can't we DDOS these other forums to stop OP meme-speaking for a bit? Would totally be worth it.

Anyway, everyone's an NPC except for me. And that's precisely the point - many people appear bland or normie-ish to a person from their own perspective. If your typing lacks flavor, or you don't know someone well IRL, it's easy to think they're boring. But it's pretty much always a fallacy.

Reactions: astr4, Saturn_, EvisceratedJester and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
He's not an anon; he's @dödsängel from SS
Then who's "nolongerhuman" and "PointOfNoReturn" 🤔. I think that "nolongerhuman" must be me. I never felt like a human to begin with

Oh, also, you're literally the opposite of an npc. An npc is somebody who just acts on autopilot and doesn't even think about society. You think about society and how it affects you. Most people just think about surviving to the next day. They justify a system which abuses them

Reactions: sserafim and Rocinante
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Oh, also, you're literally the opposite of an npc. An npc is somebody who just acts on autopilot and doesn't even think about society. You think about society and how it affects you. Most people just think about surviving to the next day. They justify a system which abuses them
Most people constantly talk about what's wrong with society though. There isn't anything special about that. Most people believe that in some way they are fighting against the system, even those who are actually standing with it without realizing it (but then again, letting go of the biases that have been spoonfed to you since childhood can be hard so it is not that suprising). All calling other people NPCs (unrionically), along with other things like "normies", does is highlight how full of yourself you are. Oddly enough, this type of self-absorbed mentality is one that is both symptomatic of and is promoted heavily in our ever increasingly individualistic society. You are basically just as ignorant as the next guy at this point.

Reactions: Saturn_
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Then who's "nolongerhuman" and "PointOfNoReturn" 🤔. I think that "nolongerhuman" must be me. I never felt like a human to begin with
He's some chronically online neet that wastes his looks rotting. Asylum type forum

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and ijustwishtodie
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
He's some chronically online neet that wastes his looks rotting. Asylum type forum
To be fair, a lot of Incels aren't that bad looking and many of them spend a lot of their time rotting.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Is the entire forum full of people like that? Also, I hope that his looks stay with him for as long as possible. Aging can be brutal and youth is where the good parts of life are at

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Wtf I'm not a he, I'm a cis woman
I was talking about the pointofnoreturn guy
Is the entire forum full of people like that? Also, I hope that his looks stay with him for as long as possible. Aging can be brutal and youth is where the good parts of life are at
Chronically online? There's some with 100s of days logged. He quit waging cause stress destroys looks

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I was talking about the pointofnoreturn guy

Chronically online? There's some with 100s of days logged. He quit waging cause stress destroys looks
Oh lol

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Seered Doom and Rocinante
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
tf even is neets.net ?
I'm wondering if I should sign up now

Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
The concept of being an "NPC" (Non Player Character) has become quite popular, both in gaming culture and as a metaphor for real life. Let's explore this idea:
  1. Every single day seems the same: If your days follow a monotonous routine—wake up, check your phone, work, eat, watch TV, repeat—it might feel like you're stuck in a loop, much like an NPC in a video game.
  2. Conversations are predictable: Do most of your interactions revolve around weather, gossip, or complaints? If you find yourself having the same scripted conversations, you might relate to the NPC archetype.
  3. Dread for your job: If you eagerly await Fridays and dread Mondays, it's a sign that your job feels like a repetitive questline. NPCs often lack purpose beyond their scripted tasks.
  4. Reluctance to go out alone: Going out solo feels uncomfortable or even scary? NPCs rarely venture off the beaten path—they stick to their programmed routines.
  5. Taking the same path every day: Whether it's your commute or grocery shopping, if you mindlessly follow the same route, you're exhibiting NPC behavior.
  6. Repetitive thought loops: Over 90% of your thoughts are recycled—similar to an NPC's limited dialogue options. "I need to do this," "I like that," "I'm bored"—sound familiar?
  7. Lack of purpose: While others chase goals and passions, you might feel purposeless. NPCs often lack a clear questline or overarching objective.
Remember, this isn't science fiction; it's a psychological observation. But fear not! Recognizing these patterns allows you to break free from the NPC script. Embrace spontaneity, explore new paths, and discover your unique storyline! 🌟

Glory to the GPT...!

• Informative
Reactions: OrphicEnd, Seered Doom and Rocinante
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I was wondering if many people there are also chronically online. It sounds like they are. Also, I never heard about how stress could destroy looks but I guess it does make sense. Waging is extremely stressful...

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
As I understand it, by NPC you mean "Non-Player Character" which is used to refer to people with predictable and repetitive behavior.
There's nothing wrong with that, but the designation of being a "secondary character" annoys you because you absolutely want to stand out (in your own words). But tell yourself that part of SaSu could be considered as NPCs, the mental state pushes to be repetitive (the best example is FC).
It's not negative, but the fact that it is considered an insult simply shows that some people feel a strong need to put themselves forward by putting others down.
It is vain to try to escape the normal, because the normal already does not designate anything specific. Even if you want to stand out from the crowd, you will just go to another group.

You blew your cover, by the way.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Now I'm wondering if there's other forum sites like SS that'll allow LGBT+ people...

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so old... I had to look up what it meant! A 'non-player character'. A character in a game not being controlled by a player. Why is that an insult? Do people like feeling they are in a simulation being controlled by an exterior being? Do people like feeling they are being controlled by anyone/ anything?

Or, is it more saying this person is an irrelavent character? Also dumb. We all play the lead character in our own lives- surely? We can't experience them any other way. I suppose if there's some bigger narrative going on, some of us may be more important than others. God knows what that narrative may be though.

It's other people that attach value to certain people. Whoever that guy is, some people may adore him. Others may find him arrogant and ignore him. He probably means absolutely nothing to some people who could well think you are more interesting/ have more value- to them.

The sad thing is- you're giving this person all this power over you even when they insult you. But, I get it. Sometimes we go for the very worst people (for us) we can go for!

damienlerone03

damienlerone03

reject humanity, return to monke
May 5, 2024
Last time someone called me an NPC (in a clearly insulting way), I started acting like one and I gave them a quest to "pull their head outta their ass, difficulty level: Impossible" people who call others NPC either have an inferiority complex or main character syndrome.