W

whatnowbruh

Oct 7, 2024
I understand that there is such thing as directive instruction, where if you are in critical condition in the hospital, you can choose to withhold any medical attention and life support. Its form you have to fill out and have two witnesses sign it. But I don't think I got anyone to sign it as witnesses. Where can I get the two signatures from ?

Reactions: wren-briar
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
Reactions: eeah and whatnowbruh
W

whatnowbruh

Oct 7, 2024
Beware, these are completely discounted, legally null and void, if you are considered suicidal in the States!

If you want one for other reasons, your medical provider should be able to provide witnesses. You'll also need a notary, you may need to schedule and pay for one.

These are known as living wills and advanced healthcare directives - https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/in-depth/living-wills/art-20046303
Damn it, someone that knows me can say I'm suicidal and just ruin it. Also is there another solution for a notary that you know of ?

Reactions: wren-briar
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
Damn it, someone that knows me can say I'm suicidal and just ruin it.

Yep! You are correct, and that's why I mentioned it.

Also is there another solution for a notary that you know of ?

I was "lucky" enough that I was in a position where I had to have surgery at a VA hospital, and they actually provided the witnesses and notary for me.

My bank has notaries available for free but I was strongly led to believe that advanced directives and living wills are supposed to have medically knowledgeable individuals as witnesses, however, I don't know if that is an actual legal requirement.