Did you have an amazing childhood?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
it was kind of amazingly awful. does that count?

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and Final Escape
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Impulse will takeover one day...
Sep 17, 2018
Should be a I don't know option. I grew up with everything I wanted.

But now I look back on it, it was all material wise but never really had a bond with my parents/family. Still don't now. (Not through their lack of trying as I just distance myself)

But I just look back and think meh.. really it happened sort of thing.

Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
Awful. It still makes me sad. I want to hug my past self. abusive parents, no money.. some of my memories are almost an out of body experience. A little girl, cold & hungry .. then I realize it's me. I just feel so sad for my child self.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While my childhood isn't the worst as compared to some of my dysfunctional families out there, mine isn't amazing (far from it) due to helicopter parents. I have no resentment or anything against them because they were simply doing what they believed was 'best' for me, based on their own upbringing. I also don't dwell on it too much and try to make the most out of my lost childhood. I'm just living atm until life becomes too unbearable then I would make haste to check out (if and whenever that is).

Reactions: Numbtopain97
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I dont think anyone with an amazing childhood would be depressed, or suicidal. Because people with amazing childhoods are often very successful in life, which makes sense.

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and Boonks
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I dont think anyone with an amazing childhood would be depressed, or suicidal. Because people with amazing childhoods are often very successful in life, which makes sense.
Eliot Rodgers said in his... ''testament'' or whatever he had an amazing childhood. But he was angry and confused... Because he was Eliot Rodgers. It doesn't really matter if you had a great childhood, it matters how you are feeling now and living now.

Reactions: HGL91 and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Eliot Rodgers said in his... ''testament'' or whatever he had an amazing childhood. But he was angry and confused... Because he was Eliot Rodgers. It doesn't really matter if you had a great childhood, it matters how you are feeling now and living now.

There are of course exceptions.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
During childhood, I had an awesome life outside of school...I was spoiled with many toys, had family vacations, had 2 cousins I was close friends with, holiday parties, fun birthday parties, but IN school, I was often isolated, bullied and felt really sad.
I had a pretty good childhood.Amazing?Hm,i guess not but i dunno what that would be.
If i asked for more,i would be entitled.
Part of the reason,for how awful i think my adult life is.It just does not stack up to it.
I kinda know i will not be as happy again.

Adult life really is a farce.I do not know how people stand it.

I agree. I think that because I had such a fun childhood, it has made adulthood seem shockingly horrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: blanketyblk
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
Childhood is the only part of my life done right. I was miserable at school but at least I had friends outside of it. We went on so many adventures together and there are so many funny stories I could tell you about while I have no memory of ever attending high school.
Right now I'm looking at that playground from my window and feel 90 even though I'm 19. It feels so empty and vast, just a reminder of a life that could have been.
I miss waking up at 7am on Saturday and Sunday to watch The Winx Club (it was cringy but we loved it anyway) and trading stickers. Playing hide-and-seek and playing in the snow before climate change hit.
Every fun memory I had took place until I was 12. No more experiences later on.

Reactions: Kaczka86
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
My life was hell until I moved out at 19 and a half. After I left my home country it got even better. After I broke any and all contact with my blood relatives it got even better! When I found my own family, it turned perfect.
When I lost them, life went back to hell. Except now, unlike when I was a kid/teen, I can kill myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: TearyEyedQueen
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I had the best childhood you could imagine. I got pretty much all I wanted. I lived in a nice neighborhood, went to a good school, had nice clothes, nice shoes, nice toys...nice everything.

The thing is...it was all an illusion. The whole time I was living the high life, my pitiful excuse for a father was molesting my oldest sister repeatedly.

After that, I was never able to trust anybody again. If you can't trust your own father, who can you trust?

• Aww..
Reactions: Élégie and TearyEyedQueen
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
Childhood was good and peaceful, it was in high school/puberty when shit started to go down

Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
My childhood was quite lonely and boring. I come from small place where wasn't that much kids my age. I had like one friend but then school started and well...she has found new friends.

• Hugs
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It was good yeah. Perhaps too good, I wasn't prepared for what was to come. I was spoilt and expected my parents to sort my problems out even though I was nearly 18 and supposed to be growing up. I don't think I wanted to and they'd never given any indication they wouldn't do what I asked. That was extremely costly.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Shitty and weird childhood. Bullying, sexual abuse and family problems. The good thing is I'm dissociated from it since long time ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Kaczka86 and TearyEyedQueen
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
I almost can't read your main post because I feel so resentful about my childhood. I am glad that you, and your fellow others, had a great childhood. You all truly did deserve that. My childhood was characterized by sexual abuse, emotional abuse and a touch of physical abuse to spice things up. I thought it was normal to have a father that drank alcohol all day, didn't speak to us for five days and touched me in intimate places. I have tried to block it out and not allowing me to even think about it before my psychiatrist for over 1,5 years finally made me open up about it, but I realise that I'm completely devastated. I feel so much shame and guilt, and unworthy of anything good in life.

I am so sad for the others who also had a painful childhood, and I'm sad that it hasn't got that much better since you're here on this site. Lots of hugs.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, Kaczka86 and TearyEyedQueen