Did you have an amazing childhood?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I often see how people say they didn´t have a good childhood which I can´t grasp since I probably had the most wonderful childhood in the world it can simply only be explained as heaven on Earth. So I am curious to how many actually had a wonderful/amazing childhood aswell.

Reactions: conveniently_dead, Pointlessabyss, Final Escape and 8 others
Mark Edward

Mark Edward

Jan 19, 2019
If I had a 'good childhood' I'm 100% sure I would not be here on this site.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, TheDevilsAngel, cantthinkofanickname and 35 others
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
There should be a confused option because honestly I go back and forward between thinking my life (I am technically still a child) is great and thinking my life is the worst in the world.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deafsn0w, Circles and 4 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
I was just thinking about this today. I had a really good childhood. And it was all thanks to my mom. My dad was out doing awful things and being terrible to her, and my sister and I never knew. My mom made a childhood for me and my sister that was wonderful. She decorated our home, stuffed our stockings with things we wanted at Christmas, planted flowers outside, learned how to do woodworking with my grandpa, had special birthday parties for us, got us ice cream after the doctor...

I will ctb mostly because of her. Collectively, everything that is wrong in my life is so disappointing and difficult for her. I wish I wasn't disabled, and that I had a good-paying job and could take her on vacations and send her nice gifts for her birthday. I wish I had the financial capability and a home with space so that she knew I'd be able to take care of her when she's older if my stepdad dies. Why, oh why, did I let my mother down? I could've made life wonderful for her.

Reactions: Final Escape, ithappens, Deafsn0w and 12 others
BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
I wouldn't say I had an amazing childhood but it wasn't terrible. I would describe it as boringly average.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deafsn0w, Circles and 4 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I was just thinking about this today. I had a really good childhood. And it was all thanks to my mom. My dad was out doing awful things and being terrible to her, and my sister and I never knew. My mom made a childhood for me and my sister that was wonderful. She decorated our home, stuffed our stockings with things we wanted at Christmas, planted flowers outside, learned how to do woodworking with my grandpa, had special birthday parties for us, got us ice cream after the doctor...

I will ctb mostly because of her. Collectively, everything that is wrong in my life is so disappointing and difficult for her. I wish I wasn't disabled, and that I had a good-paying job and could take her on vacations and send her nice gifts for her birthday. I wish I had the financial capability and a home with space so that she knew I'd be able to take care of her when she's older if my stepdad dies. Why, oh why, did I let my mother down? I could've made life wonderful for her.

You're a good heart Crow. It's not your fault. Sometimes we get dealt a bad hand or make mistakes, don't beat yourself up over it. You love her and she loves you.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown, Final Escape, AnnihilatedAnna and 7 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
You're a good heart Crow. It's not your fault. Sometimes we get dealt a bad hand or make mistakes, don't beat yourself up over it. You love her and she loves you.
❤️Thank you. I really appreciate you saying this.

Reactions: Final Escape, AnnihilatedAnna, Deafsn0w and 5 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
You're welcome. I hope you can find some peace and calmness as you work through this.

Reactions: Final Escape, AnnihilatedAnna, Deafsn0w and 6 others
bunny

bunny

保管
Oct 3, 2018
no. i was neglected by my parents and was abused sexually at school. i wouldn't be here otherwise

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, TheDevilsAngel, cantthinkofanickname and 16 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I had a lot of medical issues as a child, the root of my anger. I was a misfit in school, but had friends, and spent the summers playing outside. Fond memories of that.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Final Escape, AnnihilatedAnna and 6 others
spaghetti

spaghetti

Dec 28, 2018
I had an absolutely fantastic childhood. Parents stayed together, took me outside, bought me nice things, played with me, ect. They taught me so, so, much. The only negative things I can think of were an overall lack of interaction with other kids due to homeschooling and being sort of sexually abused. Both of these factors combined really made sure that my social skills were terrible, but all in all, I had a good time.

Reactions: Final Escape, AnnihilatedAnna, Deafsn0w and 5 others
L

lady_godiva

Student
Oct 25, 2018
No. I mean, I had everything provided for me, but it was the bare minimum. My mom was horribly abusive and my dad was rarely around to intervene. Their marriage was unstable and there was lots of fighting between them. Cops showed up numerous times. They both had awful childhoods, so it's not difficult to put two and two together. Not that it justifies the things they've done, of course, but learning more about their past has given me a bit of an understanding.

I'm still living with them, and despite the occasional spat, things are a lot more civil than they used to be.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev and 3 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Mine was pretty good but not amazing

Reactions: Final Escape, AnnihilatedAnna, goxua and 8 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I will ctb mostly because of her. Collectively, everything that is wrong in my life is so disappointing and difficult for her. I wish I wasn't disabled, and that I had a good-paying job and could take her on vacations and send her nice gifts for her birthday.
I can so relate to this I have a disability too that I won´t go into but it prevents me from having a job and even socialize or live life.

I wish I could win the lottery so I could give my parents everything they want and deserve for giving me such an amazing childhood and being so good and supportive parents to me and I wish I could pay for amazing vacations for them because I know how much my mom loves to travel that is literally my biggest dream.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Btw thanks everyone for voting and posting, I didn´t realize there was so many who had a bad childhood I am sorry to hear about that since childhood is the only break we get in life after childhood life only gets harder with more responsibilities especially in adulthood.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Final Escape, Deafsn0w and 5 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
I wish I could win the lottery so I could give my parents everything they want and deserve for giving me such an amazing childhood and being so good and supportive parents to me and I wish I could pay for amazing vacations for them because I know how much my mom loves to travel that is literally my biggest dream.
This makes my heart hurt. I'm sure that you are repaying your parents for what they have done for you in ways you don't even realize. Sometimes the little things in life are actually the big things.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev and 4 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
This makes my heart hurt. I'm sure that you are repaying your parents for what they have done for you in ways you don't even realize. Sometimes the little things in life are actually the big things.
I really don´t, the only thing I always remember doing is giving them an extra long and tight hug goodbye after seeing them so they can feel I love them. 6 month ago I also told them face to face that I really loved them so incredibly much like they wouldn´t believe it was so cringe for me to say it aloud. They also don´t know I am suicidal and I haven´t been depressed for several years so it must seem abnormal that their 24 first born son tells them this.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev and 2 others
W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018
I can so relate to this I have a disability too that I won´t go into but it prevents me from having a job and even socialize or live life.

Yeah my childhood was pretty good although I didn't realise it at the time. I also have disability/pain, and mental illness, which is why I'm here and that stuff didn't start until adulthood.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah my childhood was pretty good although I didn't realise it at the time. I also have disability/pain, and mental illness, which is why I'm here and that stuff didn't start until adulthood.
There is nothing worse than not having a normal functioning body.

My mental problems started at 14 years old but my physical progressed from puberty and got so much worse year by year.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
No it was horrible tbh. Room-shaking arguments, shit getting hurled across the room, always on the run and fearful of my alcoholic dad and narcissistic/borderline mom. I couldn't wait to move out.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, TheDevilsAngel, Lotus and 14 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
I really don´t, the only thing I always remember doing is giving them an extra long and tight hug goodbye after seeing them so they can feel I love them. 6 month ago I also told them face to face that I really loved them so incredibly much like they wouldn´t believe it was so cringe for me to say it aloud. They also don´t know I am suicidal and I haven´t been depressed for several years so it must seem abnormal that their 24 first born son tells them this.
What you just described is exactly what I'm talking about. Seriously. If you were to ctb, they would hold on to those two things in their heart far more than anything money could have bought them.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev, therhydler and 4 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
What you just described is exactly what I'm talking about. Seriously. If you were to ctb, they would hold on to those two things in their heart far more than anything money could have bought them.
Exactly and that is what I am thinking every time I say goodbye to them and give them a tight long hug then as you said they would hold on to that memory.

I don´t often tell them I love them I did one time back when I was 18-19 and was sure I was going to ctb and now I did again at 24yo. It´s weird how we don´t tell the people we love that we actually love them even though they already know. If my brothers wouldn´t be uncomfortable with it I would like to tell them it too how much they mean to me but men usually aren´t so sensitive so I am sure it would make them uncomfortable I am just such a girl in many aspects and it sucks.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev, therhydler and 3 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
It´s weird how we don´t tell the people we love that we actually love them even though they already know. If my brothers wouldn´t be uncomfortable with it I would like to tell them it too how much they mean to me but men usually aren´t so sensitive so I am sure it would make them uncomfortable I am just such a girl in many aspects and it sucks.
I understand completely. My grandmother used to like this song by Mike and the Mechanics that's all about telling people you love them before it's too late. And don't worry, sometimes I feel like I act like a dude.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev and 4 others
D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
I didn't have the worst childhood imaginable, but it sure as hell wasn't acceptable in any shape or form.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Final Escape, Jolene40 and 6 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Well my sister says if what we endured was happening today we would be taken into care.
My mother was good though and she suffered also.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Final Escape, LastFlowers and 10 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Childhood was decent, we didn't have a lot at all but my parents very supportive to us kids. They did the best they could.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, TheCrow, lemmeeleev and 4 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Not at all. Could have been worse .. could have been alot better too. I'm just glad i didn't have to suffer trauma's like sexual abuse etc. Can't imagine what that must be like.

Reactions: LastFlowers, Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev and 3 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
Raised by my mum. Didn't know My dad until I was 14. Wished I never met him. My mum did her absolute best for me, dispite my serious health issues at the time. All in all, it was a good childhood under the difficult circumstances

Reactions: Deafsn0w, TheCrow, Circles and 6 others
Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
On paper I should have had an amazing childhood. I was extremely lucky to have been born into the family that I was, and nothing bad ever really happened to me. However, I didn't have a good childhood because there was something wrong with me. I was born with it and it gets worse every year. It's this big, painful empty space that makes me intensely crave human affection and feel incredibly lonely. The kicker, however, is that the more I am loved the more lonely and painful the feeling becomes. I am so rotten and empty inside that I don't feel human. I don't know what caused this in me. There was nothing that happened in my childhood to explain it. Perhaps it's something I inherited genetically?

Reactions: ithappens, LastFlowers, Deafsn0w and 4 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I often see how people say they didn´t have a good childhood which I can´t grasp since I probably had the most wonderful childhood in the world it can simply only be explained as heaven on Earth. So I am curious to how many actually had a wonderful/amazing childhood aswell.
I had a good childhood (up until teen years) but I wouldn't say it was amazing. In hindsight it was mostly superficial entertainment and I wouldn't want to go back, knowing what comes next. So I can't really relate, but I appreciate your perspective and I think it's interesting how everyone is hurting in different ways.

Reactions: Élégie, Deafsn0w, TheCrow and 5 others