S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Yes. Not as bad as some people, but enough to make me daydream revenge fantasies (usually they involved me having superpowers and eliminating the bullies). The whole experience of school was hellish, though. These days I'm completely against compulsory education*.

* see Bryan Caplan's The Case Against Education.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and Maravillosa
Iwant2sleepforever

Iwant2sleepforever

Experienced
Sep 8, 2018
Not antagonized by one person but sometimes people used to make fun of me when I used to have a speech problem, I'm surprised I never beat anyone's ass over it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
I

iglooblimp

Another parasite to Earth
Oct 17, 2018
Yes. Rather disgusting that a friend even told me that at least it made me a strong person. Apparently, I wasn't aware that having social anxiety because of bullying makes you a strong person, but go off.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maravillosa, vvvvv and 3 others
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
Yes, very severely. I became agoraphobic. Most notably I had rocks thrown at me and unwanted sexual touching, but really it was a bit of everything every day. I've always felt worthless in particular and unable to relate to people my own age.

I tried very, very hard to make friends, and sometimes succeeded, but I was just most obviously different from others due to my disabilities and interests (probably thought processes too, honestly). In high school, I was perceived as stuck up because I was so frightened I literally couldn't speak, so people started to think I deserved it. (I was a local celebrity for other reasons, so...)

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, vvvvv and Schopenhauer
oldgray

oldgray

i wish i'd melt with the snow
Oct 19, 2018
not really, even if i could have been a very easy target.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
vvvvv

vvvvv

Just call me "v" or "vee"
Oct 17, 2018
Yes. Rather disgusting that a friend even told me that at least it made me a strong person. Apparently, I wasn't aware that having social anxiety because of bullying makes you a strong person, but go off.

lol I've gotten this "compliment" too, but after therapy and medication I'm just left with the numbness. I feel next to nothing, and any attempts to mock me just go straight through me, I don't care. Supposedly that makes us stoic and cool? At least they mean well. I think.

I was bullied a lot during grade school, which is why I still get small panic attacks (used to be proper panic attacks, yay medicine) when I see rowdy schoolkids.
I've completely cut contact with everyone from that town, and I wish the ones who bullied me would suffer as I did and kill themselves before me so I could spit on their graves.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, iglooblimp, Maravillosa and 1 other person
I

iglooblimp

Another parasite to Earth
Oct 17, 2018
lol I've gotten this "compliment" too, but after therapy and medication I'm just left with the numbness. I feel next to nothing, and any attempts to mock me just go straight through me, I don't care. Supposedly that makes us stoic and cool? At least they mean well. I think.

I was bullied a lot during grade school, which is why I still get small panic attacks (used to be proper panic attacks, yay medicine) when I see rowdy schoolkids.
I've completely cut contact with everyone from that town, and I wish the ones who bullied me would suffer as I did and kill themselves before me so I could spit on their graves.
They try to mean well, but it sounds just as rubbish when someone turns a blind eye to the actual ramifications that lie way beyond what appearances give.

Stoic and uncaring about what people think? Making no attempts to prove everyone otherwise? Have these people ever stop to think that maybe we've lost our self-esteem? That we absorb these vile comments thrown at us and start to believe them ourselves? That we have trouble making friends because we lack the confidence, or even the will to make friends anymore because some people are just plain rude and degrading?

I could not care less about those who bullied me back in school. What pisses me down to my core is the fact that several teachers, who even acknowledged the bullying, partook in it. I may not have any ill-will towards them personally, but I hate what they did and the effects that I have to deal with. Yet, there are people around who still downplay the seriousness of bullying. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Maravillosa