Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Yes. It still affects me to this day. And people say getting bullied is a dumb reason to ctb...

Reactions: betteroffdead, GreenLantern, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
Yes. It still affects me to this day. And people say getting bullied is a dumb reason to ctb...

i used to think i didnt got bullied but when i think about it ... some things really hit me and influence me until today

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Aesthler and 2 others
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I moved high schools once when I was 13 because of bullying, and then when I was 16 moved back to the first school because it was just as bad in the second.

Can't win, eh?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Aesthler and 5 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I did and then became friends with them as soon as school was over. Life is strange

Reactions: Trashcan, Aesthler and lv-gras
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I did and then became friends with them as soon as school was over. Life is strange
Did they ever apologise to you?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Aesthler and 2 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Somewhat. There were other people who were bigger targets for bullying than me, but my whole school life, there were always a few jerks who kept pestering me because of my height (I always very short back then - though I am 1,69cm now, not that short for a woman) and because of my genetics (Japanese descendant of sorts), so I have really tiny eyes... I lost count how many times someone called me "Jap". Also the fact I was very into stuff like games and anime didn't help. It was the 90s/early 00s, way before being "nerdy" became cool.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Schopenhauer and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Did they ever apologise to you?
I suppose in hindsight they carried on being dicks and it's that they apologise for now. For some reason I 'm just not bothered about it all. Probably because I know them and they aren't bad people. I acted like a dick at times too. It was never violent, I'm sure others have had it much worse. It was all pretty juvenile. I don't like bullies but with them I laugh now. You might get what I mean or you might not, I'm not explaining it very well. I'm not sure I understand it myself

Reactions: Trashcan, Aesthler, lv-gras and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I was bullied relentlessly in grade school due to my Tourette's syndrome. I had it from the time I was 6 to 13. I developed a major inferiority complex due to this and then got bullied some in Jr. High and in the 10th grade. Made me feel so isolated that I started to have violent thoughts. Not to get political, but Melania Trump's claim that she is the most "bullied person in the world" made me want to throw my remote at the TV.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Schopenhauer and 11 others
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
I would say I was more getting "picked on" than being actually "bullied" bullied. Name calling, a few kids picking fights, but nothing major.

However, for some odd reason I was involved with almost every drama that went down in high school. I was blamed for shit that I didn't even do. Hell, I was blamed for shit I didn't even have any involvement in and better yet I was apparently blamed for shit I didn't even know happened. There were so many rumors spread about me it's crazy. Although not bullied, this kinda affects me till this day.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Aesthler and 4 others
M

Miro

Oct 17, 2018
I was bullied throughout grade school.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Aesthler and 3 others
ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
I would say I was more getting "picked on" than being actually "bullied" bullied. Name calling, a few kids picking fights, but nothing major.

However, for some odd reason I was involved with almost every drama that went down in high school. I was blamed for shit that I didn't even do. Hell, I was blamed for shit I didn't even have any involvement in and better yet I was apparently blamed for shit I didn't even know happened. There were so many rumors spread about me it's crazy. Although not bullied, this kinda affects me till this day.

i think thats bullying bro, namecalling is not putting you in the locker but thats probably only happens in movies anyways

nobody wants to be a victim and so people use to relativize things but i think thats the wrong way.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Aesthler and 1 other person
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
Yeah, my hair started thinning at a young age, around 12. I was always picked on throughout my school career and it made it difficult to form relationships, I was never physically bullied though.

Reactions: stellabelle, UnknownOutlaw, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
i think thats bullying bro, namecalling is not putting you in the locker but thats probably only happens in movies anyways

nobody wants to be a victim and so people use to relativize things but i think thats the wrong way.
I suppose so. I guess I'm more bothered with people starting rumors behind my back than actual bullying in my face. That's why I think lightly of it. Either way, both of them are scarring because I still remember all of it.

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
yes i did

V

Voldmort

Experienced
Sep 23, 2018
Yes. I always endured all, but gradually it was hurting more, and leaving sequels. Today I have several problems because of this and other factors that occurred in childhood.

Several times I imagined myself with guns entering school and killing everyone

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Schopenhauer and 2 others
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I was for several years until one day i decided to put end to it by punching him in the face, from that day i never had more problems from no one in school, but it fuck me up in adulthood, if today someone tries to bully me in a professional setting, i start to have homicidal thoughts of extreme violence, but i put an end to it in an diplomatic way but i make sure the other person knows i can go all the way if it continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trashcan and Aesthler
tothemetalsickness

tothemetalsickness

World of Warcraft gamer
Oct 4, 2018
I live and Thailand but I have never been bullied at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Schopenhauer and 2 others
ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
I was always too tall and solidly built for other students to push around, but ever since kindergarten, I was socially ostracized for some reason. People would never outright confront me, but they'd whisper insults about me just loud enough to be heard, steal things and damage my property when I wasn't around instead. I changed schools about six times in total, and it seemed like each time I moved to a new school I'd be ostracized, or a group would pretend to be my friends, only to put me on the periphery and routinely mock me behind my back. That lasted for about 9 years, until I arrived at my final school, where everyone was really quite decent and friendly. The problem was, I was so embittered by the preceding years that I became a loner with no meaningful friendships.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Maravillosa and 2 others
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
Changed schools three times, people from the old school knowing the new one (I eventually dropped out). My family home was toxic and unstable, when I got to school I just didnt have the confidence or strength to stick up for myself. I would hide in bushes or the washroom whenever I could.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and 2 others
miauimon

miauimon

Oct 16, 2018
Yes, that's why I have huge insecurity problems

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and 4 others
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Was never bullied to my knowledge but bullying is something I never understood as to what was bullying. So If I was I was noticed or cared.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and Aesthler
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Several times I imagined myself with guns entering school and killing everyone

I used to imagine tying my bullies to chairs and beating them with a baseball bat. And then setting the school on fire..

..never told anyone about that until now.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star and Trashcan
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
Yeah, I had problems at home and at school. All that stuff has a terrible effect on the developing brain of a child. I feel like as a kid, I was in a state of fight-or-flight more often than not, and healing from that is so hard. The neuroscience behind it is fascinating but also presents a bleak picture for myself as I get older.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, BaconCheeseburger and 1 other person
Cee

Cee

cute girl
Sep 22, 2018
I used to get bullied a lot, used to get beat up at recess lmao. I was the victim of this one evil girl in elementary school, absolutely ruined my social skills forever and to this day i think she is the reason for a lot of my anxiety. It wasnt like a typical bully, she became my friend and then basically manipulated me into thinking i wasnt allowed to talk to anyone else but her, that id be in trouble if i did, i had to obey everything she said etc etc. she also talked about some umm disturbing things that my young brain didnt need to be hearing about. I was crying every single day after school for the entire year, my parents tried to call the school but they didnt do anything. She'd always blame me for things she did so i spent a lot of time in the principles office as well, once my parents and her parents had to have a meeting with the principle discussing something i cant remember, but it was pretty awful. She ended up getting expelled from my school district a few years later. It's taken me up to about the last year to develop some normal social skills and learn how to be somewhat outgoing. I never really talk about her because, how much damage could a 3rd grader really do, right? i feel kind of stupid for letting myself be affected by it, but i never really accepted that being bullied DOES have an affect on you, whether you realize it or not!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and Maravillosa
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
My bully came up on suggested Facebook friends today. Think my stomach turned a bit.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jen Erik, Trashcan and 1 other person
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
It wasnt like a typical bully, she became my friend and then basically manipulated me into thinking i wasnt allowed to talk to anyone else but her, that id be in trouble if i did, i had to obey everything she said etc etc.
Psychological torment is so horrific and can be so damaging. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, GreenLantern, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
A few years yes. Fortunatly i got in a different class and got bigger friends that where older so that solved the issue. If not for that i would probably never have seen adulthood.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sabrina, Trashcan and 1 other person
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Yes, I was bullied at school between the ages of 8 (shortly after I moved with my family and changed schools) and 15. Why? I was bookish, bespectacled, plump, clumsy and spoke more formally than my classmates. My (metaphorical) thin skin did not help either: I was easy to bully, the perfect target. I wanted desperately to go to another school (parochial school, boarding school), but my parents would not hear of it: they did not have the money, and I suppose they realized that I would probably also be bullied at any school I attended. (Home schooling was not really a thing in my suburban community in the 1970s and 1980s.) Things improved during the last two years of high school, fortunately -- I was in more honors classes (my bullies tended not to be in honors classes) and I was looking forward to moving away for college.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star, Trashcan and 1 other person