• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
So the basics of the story (and, thank goodness for him, he's alright):

• He drove in his car with an unsecured CO2 tank which started leaking (it sounds like) when it got jostled when he braked slightly too hard. (Describes it as the "top twisting off")
  • He started panicking when he noticed the hissing sound, and saw a white vapor filling the car.
  • Very quickly, his vision started going dim (no mention of pain or discomfort).
  • He believes he got out of the car seconds before blacking out (where death, he believes, would've followed shortly after)

A couple of people brought up how he should've felt like he was suffocating due to the increase in CO2 in the air, but were basically told that we only get that reaction if the oxygen is slowly replaced with CO2. As this was "a massive, oxygen displacing CO2 leak, he could have been dead in 60 seconds".

So I did some research, and some findings from here:
  • "Carbon dioxide does not only cause asphyxiation by hypoxia but also acts as a toxicant. At high concentrations, it has been showed to cause unconsciousness almost instantaneously and respiratory arrest within 1 min [6]."
  • "Concentrations of more than 10% carbon dioxide may cause convulsions, coma, and death [1, 15]. CO2 levels of more than 30% act rapidly leading to loss of consciousness in seconds. This would explain why victims of accidental intoxications often do not act to resolve the situation (open a door, etc.)"
  • "In higher concentrations of CO2, unconsciousness occurred almost instantaneously and respiratory movement ceased in 1 min. After a few minutes of apnea, circulatory arrest was seen. These findings show that the cause of death in breathing high concentrations of CO2 is not the hypoxia but the intoxication of carbon dioxide"

Don't worry, tests were also done on dogs to confirm that yes, in fact, different levels of CO2 gradually replacing oxygen will lead to death/unconscious at different rates. 😔 (I seriously cannot stand animal testing of any kind, and that it's going on right now is one reason I desperately want to leave this horrifying world)

Anyway. I'm terrible at science, but it sounds like because the air in his car was so rapidly replaced with CO2, he indeed came within moments of blacking out, and within a few minutes after that, could potentially have died from asphyxiation by hypoxia, provided no one opened any doors and/or the CO2 didn't abruptly run out (maybe? even it did at that point, if no doors were open, perhaps even if the CO2 was very slowly exiting his car, there would still have been enough to suppress respiratory function?).

As someone who has concentration issues, this potential method seems gloriously simple:
  • Have a tank (or why not two) of CO2
  • Twist the caps off
  • Perhaps: wear a gas mask so that the CO2 levels can build up to the sweet spot of above 35% (if I understand things correctly)
  • Inhale for a few seconds, pass out a few seconds later, and stop breathing after about a minute (with death to follow within a few minutes after that).
Questions I would have include:
  1. Cars are not perfectly sealed environments; the CO2-rich air would slowly be leaking out. From that poor gentleman's experience, there was enough CO2 building up to cause him to lose unconsciousness. But, death would not follow for some minutes. Would there be enough CO2 flowing out of the tank(s) to keep the CO2 levels high to ensure the desired result?
  2. Poor pigs are often 'stunned' with CO2 prior to slaughter. They scream horribly, and plenty of video footage confirms this (seriously, I hate people). It seems to take 30 seconds for them to be unconscious, despite a very high level of CO2 (supposed to 75%+). Granted, humans and huge pigs at slaughter weight have different respiratory requirements. But, still. Why do they suffer horribly, but other people accidentally pass out within seconds from half as much CO2 concentrations? Perhaps it has something to do with the kinda 'elevator' they ride to their death: they're lowered into an increasingly CO2 environment (as CO2 is heavy), so they're in pain at first because at the start of their hellish descent the CO2 levels are still too low? :(
  3. Did he just get 'lucky' somehow? If I were to try to replicate exactly what he did, how could I mess it up and not have his exact experience? Obviously very keen to avoid experience a low amount of superfluous CO2 in the air, as that will trigger a painful suffocation feeling.

I've been daydreaming a lot of just doing what the guy in the post did (albeit accidentally): just getting a tank of food-grade CO2 and sitting in a car and hoping I have the same result as him. As usual, afraid of the pain and failure. But surely if I started to experience what the poor pigs experience, I could just open the car door and get out. (And, I guess, start seriously trying to source SN or once again gather all the supplies for the nitrogen method)

It's just not fair. He's happy to be alive, and yet almost killed himself with CO2. Whereas I would love to exit like how he almost did, and yet feel like I wouldn't be able to succeed like he almost did. I wish I could just give my remaining years to someone with a terminal illness, then everyone would be happy :( (except of course the poor pigs being suffocated with CO2...god, this world is endlessly cruel, so why do I have to experience it...)

• Love
Reactions: secretsfromthecity, sammiechzxv, anhedonicNfoggy and 4 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Nah, CO₂ triggers the Hypercapnic Alarm Response causing unbearable torture and panic. This have been seen experimentally like in the famous pig video in the "How to kill a human being" BBC documentary where they expose him to CO₂ and he runs out of the room terrified.

After that, they do the same experiment with Nitrogen with a pig eating in the same room and he blackouts without even noticing (with ZERO stress response) in fact when they pump air again and the pig wake ups he just keeps eating like if nothing happened LOL. They have also analyzed the blood of pigs killed with Nitrogen and didn't find any elevation on stress hormones at all.

The way to go to CTB with gas is with the inert gases Helium or Nitrogen using an implementation to breath it directly while purging the exhaled CO₂ (ExitBag/Hood/SCBA/SCUBA). The most common CTB gas these days is Nitrogen, which has infinite supply (78.08% of the atmosphere is Nitrogen) and it's perfectly compatible with Air regulators since it weights basically the same as Air. Nowadays most balloon helium tanks are mixed with Air. Pure Helium can still be bought from industrial suppliers but it's expensive and the supply is dwindling since it cannot be manufactured. There are people who have CTB'd with the inert gas Argon too, but that's a worse option because is a very heavy gas.

Compressed gas is unreliable to CTB in a car, too much volume to fill. All the reported cases of people dying in vehicles due to a gas leak (intentional or not) were with Liquid Nitrogen, which isn't strange because it has a huge 1:694 expansion ratio (a single liquid liter turns into 694 gaseous liters).

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: grahf, zel, Peaceful Departure and 8 others
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Hello, thank you for the response and sorry for the late reply. Things aren't going too well, I'm sure you understand, unfortunately :(

CO₂ triggers the Hypercapnic Alarm Response causing unbearable torture and panic.

So, this is what I was trying to figure out. Why didn't the poster experience any pain from his experience? (His panic seemed to be only from noticing he was starting to black out while driving, and noticing the white vapor filling the car) And apparently he's not the only one to avoid it, as mentioned in the study I linked:

• "This would explain why victims of accidental intoxications often do not act to resolve the situation (open a door, etc.)"
This makes it sound (to me at least) like the people went quietly, like with carbon monoxide actually, that they didn't understand what was happening and just passed out. Or am I misinterpreting it? Entirely possible.

A decade ago, I had planned to exit with helium. Articles about an impending helium shortage (and a plan to mix I think air into party supply helium tanks) made me act quickly to buy the tanks, but I got too paranoid about trying to create a proper bag. At that time, the advice I found was to use a turkey bag and stick an elasticated collar onto it (I think that was from the Doing It with Betty film? To advise ill seniors). But I can't sew and was worried I'd puncture the bag too much or something, and it'd all go wrong sigh.

I was persuaded to give life another go (and gifted the helium tanks with remote controlled shark balloons to friends). But a couple years later, I gathered the supplies again, this time for nitrogen. This is so embarrassing to admit, but I have horrible concentration issues, all the working parts of this setup just seems to offer too many opportunities for failure (from the bag to the tubes and so on).

Ended up giving the nitrogen away to someone who does homebrew and moving to another country to see if that would help (nope). And now here I am, having suffered unnecessarily for a decade, when I should've just used the original helium or at least nitrogen. At the least, on this website, I've seen there's quite a sturdy hood option being recommended, so that's at least one concern done.

But with no car, getting a tank of gas will just be so difficult (and expensive...I reckon a bus trip + long taxi home). And, I'm sure the prices have all gone up substantially compared to a decade ago. Still nervous at the thought not connecting hoses correctly or something. That's why I just wish so desperately I could've traded places with the fellow in the post, he apparently came so close to passing out and dying by accident with nothing more than a leaking tank of CO2 in his car, it's not fair :(

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, dialogos and Starry✧・゚Daze
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Why didn't the poster experience any pain from his experience?
I have not said that CO₂ causes pain.​

His panic seemed to be only from noticing he was starting to black out while driving, and noticing the white vapor filling the car
His panic was from the Hypercapnic Alarm Response, any excess CO₂ acidifies the blood which is instantly detected by the nervous system.​

"This would explain why victims of accidental intoxications often do not act to resolve the situation (open a door, etc.)"
Maybe they had a very blunt exposure to a high CO₂ low O₂ environment so they didn't have time, that doesn't mean that they didn't suffer.​

I got too paranoid about trying to create a proper bag
There are pretty good plans to craft it in the on-line version of the PPeH, but nowadays it's becoming common in the forum to use more advanced implementations like EEBD Hoods/constant flow hoods/SCBA/SCUBA. The hood on Vizzy's guide can be bought for $70 (ordering the hood alone without the cylinder).​

all the working parts of this setup just seems to offer too many opportunities for failure (from the bag to the tubes and so on).
A proper inert gas setup works flawlessly.

with no car, getting a tank of gas will just be so difficult
I have never used a car to move any of my cylinders, I bought them on-line and they were directly shipped to my house. In the case of purchasing one IRL the small cylinders fit in a big backpack or suitcase.​

• Informative
Reactions: dialogos
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Maybe they had a very blunt exposure to a high CO₂ low O₂ environment so they didn't have time, that doesn't mean that they didn't suffer.

So this is very key to me. Per the study that decided to test CO2 on dogs (**seriously things like this make me wanna die sigh):
"In higher concentrations of CO2, unconsciousness occurred almost instantaneously and respiratory movement ceased in 1 min. After a few minutes of apnea, circulatory arrest was seen. These findings show that the cause of death in breathing high concentrations of CO2 is not the hypoxia but the intoxication of carbon dioxide"
And they talk about subjects losing consciousness within seconds. How agonizing would those seconds be?

Otherwise, this sounds quite appealing to me:

1. Fill a car with co2
  2. Sit there wearing a gas mask
  3. Remove gas mask and (🤞) become unconscious within seconds
  4. Provided no intervention: circulatory arrest after a few minutes

What would be the problems with this plan...? Please believe me, I am all ears!

I did come across an article of an unfortunate young man (I think 26) in India who used a plastic bag around his head, and a tube into his mouth (connected to a CO2 tank). I'm thinking that would've been very unpleasant however...

There are pretty good plans to craft it in the on-line version of the PPeH, but nowadays it's becoming common in the forum to use more advanced implementations like EEBD Hoods/constant flow hoods/SCBA/SCUBA. The hood on Vizzy's guide can be bought for $70 (ordering the hood alone without the cylinder).
Oh thank you for the info but I actually have read Vizzy's most excellent guide, how I wish I'd had access to that a decade ago :( The EEBD hood in particular blew me away and kinda broke my heart. The best info I could find a decade ago was the "Doing it with Betty" video on how to stitch a collar to a turkey bag, seriously :(

I have never used a car to move any of my cylinders, I bought them on-line and they were directly shipped to my house. In the case of purchasing one IRL the small cylinders fit in a big backpack or suitcase.

Back in 2015, for some reason it was so difficult for me to find a supplier willing to ship a filled nitrogen tank (eventually found only one who would ship over ground only, and required signature on receipt). It was hm was it $130? I could however find plenty of options for purchasing empty tanks online. That was in the US. In my current country, when I did a quick search, I recall it seemed too cheap for the tanks, which made me think I'd better confirm beforehand they're filled, if'n I do order.

In 2021 and 2022 I seriously researched N, and I seriously regret not ordering some (or even going to Mexico to order it within the country). I was convinced I'd be scammed, and so it didn't feel worth the hassle of trying to figure out bitcoin (did I mention figuring things out is difficult for me?? :( ).

But if there's one thing I've decided, is that there's no point in putting this off. Methods will get more and more difficult and harder to obtain. From helium (realistically) to N no longer being options. SN - I'm a bit hypoglycemic and so the fasting would be disastrous for me.

That leaves inert gas or something more gruesome like jumping or firearms or hanging.

I know you're team nitrogen, but would the CO2 in the car method I outlined really be so bad...? The thought of having to (once again) source everything for nitrogen, convert everything for my country's units, put everything together...effort, ugh. And that's what's so difficult when you're depressed.

Thank you for your replies. I hope you're doing okay, all things considered.

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos and Starry✧・゚Daze
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
What would be the problems with this plan...? Please believe me, I am all ears!
Try to breath CO₂ and you will instantly feel what the problem is. :pfff::pfff:

• Informative
Reactions: grahf and dialogos
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Do any of those mentioned methods bear the risk to turn into a veggie, if someone interrupts the process or you somehow fail?

I mean the brain won't have any oxygen for some time. What if a paramedic brings your body back to life, will your brain still work like before?

• Hugs
Reactions: stilldreaming
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Try to breath CO₂ and you will instantly feel what the problem is. :pfff::pfff:

I do understand that, truly, but per the previously cited study by Belgian doctors: "At high concentrations, it has been showed to cause unconsciousness almost instantaneously"

So...instant discomfort from excessive CO2 in the air, followed almost instantly later by unconsciousness, and a few minutes later death. Is that about the size of it...?
Do any of those mentioned methods bear the risk to turn into a veggie, if someone interrupts the process or you somehow fail?

I mean the brain won't have any oxygen for some time. What if a paramedic brings your body back to life, will your brain still work like before?
I'm afraid that there would be that risk :( Like you said, oxygen would be cut off to the brain, and there are long minutes between losing unconsciousness and official death.

• Love
Reactions: Orbitc and Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
I'm afraid that there would be that risk :( Like you said, oxygen would be cut off to the brain, and there are long minutes between losing unconsciousness and official death.
I see, that's what I thought. Thanks for replying ♡

It's a shame that it's so hard to find a peaceful and safe method. You do research, ask around, browse endlessly, read, read, read and everytime there is some crux or contra.

I wish everything was a little bit clearer and more accessible, depression is tiring enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, Yavannah, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
I see, that's what I thought. Thanks for replying ♡

It's a shame that it's so hard to find a peaceful and safe method. You do research, ask around, browse endlessly, read, read, read and everytime there is some crux or contra.

I wish everything was a little bit clearer and more accessible, depression is tiring enough.

I unfortunately know exactly what you mean :(

Almost every society overwhelmingly believes suicide should be as inaccessible and difficult as possible to discourage people from doing it. And, I understand completely how terrible it is when someone dies, and have lost someone I was close to to suicide. And yet, I also believe there should be a limit to suffering, whether it's physical or emotional.

I have wondered too if suicide weren't so taboo if it would lead to a lower rate of suicide. Because if it was normalized a bit, and treatment required (like in the Netherlands or Belgium) then well people would either get the help they need or be able to peacefully exit. Meanwhile, I have heard from countless first responders that the effective suicide rate is much much higher than figures suggest, as they have been on many scenes that they feel are clearly suicide but (because there is no note) will be ruled as an overdose or accident. I once read about how in Ireland they have a suicide hot spot for some cliffs, but it's all ruled 'death by misadventure' or something.

But yes, when dealing with severe depression, having to untangle suicide/method research when you're already worn out by life, well it makes one even more depressed I suppose :(

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Orbitc, dialogos and Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Unfortunately I still am alive. Everyday is suffering, I feel nothing, emotionless, empty, soul-less... I just wish to be dead... I understand stabbing would be painful, but I want to bleed out, and I just want to commit Seppuku... But I don't know if there is some drug out there, or something, like freezing my skin or something to make the initial pain, less...painful...

And my soul, it's a very dark one, one that shouldn't be in the same realm as everyone else....

Almost every society overwhelmingly believes suicide should be as inaccessible and difficult as possible to discourage people from doing it. And, I understand completely how terrible it is when someone dies, and have lost someone I was close to to suicide. And yet, I also believe there should be a limit to suffering, whether it's physical or emotional.

I have wondered too if suicide weren't so taboo if it would lead to a lower rate of suicide. Because if it was normalized a bit, and treatment required (like in the Netherlands or Belgium) then well people would either get the help they need or be able to peacefully exit. Meanwhile, I have heard from countless first responders that the effective suicide rate is much much higher than figures suggest, as they have been on many scenes that they feel are clearly suicide but (because there is no note) will be ruled as an overdose or accident. I once read about how in Ireland they have a suicide hot spot for some cliffs, but it's all ruled 'death by misadventure' or something.

But yes, when dealing with severe depression, having to untangle suicide/method research when you're already worn out by life, well it makes one even more depressed I suppose :(
Yes, I agree with you 100% and instantly remembered what I've read on this forum back when I wasn't a member and just lurked:

"The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night."

"A prison becomes a home if you have the key."

If this topic wasn't so taboo and euthanasia was legal, there is in fact a chance people would reconsider killing themselves. There would be some paperwork and talk with therapists beforehand and you would really have to concern yourself and delve into it before you go for good.
I remember how someone I've met at the psych ward told me that he just wanted to be heard and taken seriously. After his attempt, for the first time in his life someone truly listened to him and he was lucky to get in touch with a very good therapist and new, understanding friends.

Suicide is no black and white topic. It's so complex and by censoring it everywhere nothing can ever get better.

At least we can talk about it here tho ♡

Reactions: dialogos
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
"The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night."

I've been literally doing that a lot lately when I can't sleep, relaxing myself by going over potential suicide plans.

I read once of a young woman, I think it was in the Netherlands? And she'd been approved for suicide for depression, and at the last minute decided not to drink the poison. Facing death cured her of her desire to kill herself, and yet she began campaigning to end euthanasia in her country.

I wish she could see the situation as I do: when really standing at the ledge (either metaphorically or not), well it's a moment of truth. Plenty of people survive suicide attempts to go on to love life. And, she inadvertently proved that you can be offered painless death and still not want it and (finally) recover from debilitating depression.

Treating suicidally depressed people is tricky. Modern psychiatric medicine is not that advanced yet. Sometimes, literally all patients can do is face death. And if they need to go forward with it, then please let them go in peace. And if they need to pull back from it, then isn't that wonderful?

Thank goodness for this website though. It provides such wonderful help and support, and it scares me when I hear about people trying to destroy it. The so-called pro-lifers could do with cultivating empathy for those who are suffering. I feel they are focused entirely on their own feelings: they feel so hurt and distraught by others' suicides, so they wish to make suicide impossible. They're only concerned about their own suffering, not ours.

Anyway, rambling, should try some sleep now. Hope you're okay x

• Love
Reactions: D3vnull, Starry✧・゚Daze and dialogos
Bunnybrains

Bunnybrains

May 22, 2023
This is my chosen method too! Sometime between 2 weeks ans 2 months- i'd love to know if u ended up with more conclusive answers?

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I do understand that, truly, but per the previously cited study by Belgian doctors: "At high concentrations, it has been showed to cause unconsciousness almost instantaneously"
So...? what gas volume? what flow rate? what PPM concentration to wait for before entering the car? That study references only 2 CTBs. Where is the proof that the CO₂ method is highly reliable and an example of a tested implementation? I am all ears!

S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
So...? what gas volume? what flow rate? what PPM concentration to wait for before entering the car? That study references only 2 CTBs. Where is the proof that the CO₂ method is highly reliable and an example of a tested implementation? I am all ears!
There's no need for sarcasm :( Until now I've been rather amazed at how sensitive and considerate everyone is here

• Hugs
Reactions: cats333
Bunnybrains

Bunnybrains

May 22, 2023
Broski wheres the proof ur not gonna turn into a veggi if u shoot urself? How many hundreds of people wherent completely positive of the sn before they took it? All methods have risk, and this post is literally about estimating our risk of failure/pain. Just cause everyone cant afford to buy a good gas system doesnt mean they dont deserve to go out their way?

Plus... its literally not ur life. Nobodies gonna blame u if our suicide goes sideways- if u have nothing helpful to say dont say anything at all

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Broski wheres the proof ur not gonna turn into a veggi if u shoot urself?
I don't need proof of that, it's not my method, that's a disgusting violent method.​

How many hundreds of people wherent completely positive of the sn before they took it?
SN isn't my method either.​

All methods have risk
As I have said other times I don't agree with that, a proper inert gas setup or N protocol will kill you 100% of the times.​

doesnt mean they dont deserve to go out their way?
I haven't said that they don't, people are free to use dumb methods, it's not my business.​

its literally not ur life
So what? He's posting stuff on a public forum, expect to get replies if you do that, specially if you propose an absurd CTB method painting it like it's something reliable. People have big SI even with the peaceful methods, imagine using a gas that causes agony and suffocation 🤦🏻‍♂️.​

if u have nothing helpful to say dont say anything at all
You must be new in the forum if you think that I have nothing helpful to say, perhaps you should check the stuff on my signature. Maybe you are the one with nothing helpful to contribute to the knowledge base of the forum.​

Reactions: ztem
momentomori5

momentomori5

Useless
Aug 5, 2023
Nah, CO₂ triggers the Hypercapnic Alarm Response causing unbearable torture and panic. This have been seen experimentally like in the famous pig video in the "How to kill a human being" BBC documentary where they expose him to CO₂ and he runs out of the room terrified.
According to koreans though, one of their favourite methods to ctb is charcoal burning (commonly with briquettes) and alcohol. They seem to have no discomfort or pain reaction to having their room fill up with CO while they wait till they pass out and die. It's one of their more prominent methods along with hanging. Also, lots of news around of families dying to CO inhalation from forgetting their fireplaces lit during their sleep, where they felt no suffocation or discomfort enough to wake up and notice anything. Maybe humans miss this sort of reaction, unlike pigs?

Last edited:
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
it's easy af to source carbon dioxide. my #2 option. you may look into citric acid and baking soda method i and numerous forum members had experience with it. if done properly it's not that painful but it triggers smothering for a while (10~ seconds), irritating breathing organs and one inhales wildly during the whole process of gassing if you manage to get high concentration in your system instantly you'll pass out without this phase i reckon
best wishes

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-07_15-54-57.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-07_15-54-57.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: momentomori5
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
They seem to have no discomfort or pain reaction to having their room fill up with CO while they wait till they pass out and die.
CO is not CO₂.

Reactions: momentomori5
Bunnybrains

Bunnybrains

May 22, 2023
Okayyy... and how much money does that cost? 500$? Could u do it will 100? What about if i own 25$ to my name, am homeless and staying at a relatives house? Get off ur fucking high horse. Im not saying this is a great method, but ur expecting people to have time and money to literally throw away. Maybe these are disgusting violent methods, its the consideration of risk

T

theEndCH

almost gone.
Aug 29, 2023
I did some further research about suicide with CO2 and I think you can CTB with it.
At i'ts best, you should get unconscious before you can recognize the CO2 gas in a small room / in the car. Therefore, I will show you 3 different cases I could find about the aftermath of the gas CO2 .

I Case
A family of 4 got accidentally unconscious because of the leaking CO2 bottle for Aquariums inside their car.
The translation of the article in English
KRIENS: Family of four almost suffocated in the Sonnenberg tunnel After Saturday shopping, a family of four is driving on the A2 motorway when carbon dioxide suddenly fills the interior of the car. Thanks to an attentive motorist, they survived.​
The incident occurred at noon on Saturday, at 11.45 a.m., on the A2 motorway in Kriens. A family of four was on their way home after shopping. Shortly before the Sonnenberg tunnel entrance, the CO2 gas cylinder for the aquarium leaked after a defect, according to the Lucerne police.​
The gas quickly poured out and filled the interior of the vehicle. In the middle of the tunnel, the car slowed down more and more, came to a standstill and then rolled backwards into the fast lane. For several minutes, following road users drove past the family until finally someone stopped and inquired about the occupants.​
The entire family sat unconscious in the car. After the doors were opened, they gradually recovered. Two ambulances took the family to the hospital. They were unharmed. However, the family was very lucky in misfortune: According to forensic medicine, there was an extremely high risk of suffocation for the unconscious.​

And this video shows the situatioin. The car was standing, the people were unconscious inside until someone opened the doors after approximentally 4 minutes. No one of them was in panic or tried to open the while being in panic. They where just unconscious.

II Case
A family died. The mom and the two kids got murdered by the father through suffocation and then he commited suicide. This article shows what the newspaper wrote. But when you read the forensic case report about this case you can read that the family father used a 500g CO2 bottle for Aquariums, inhalation masks and a bag plus rope for himself - to murder this family and commit suicide after.

III Case
The last case is about suicide with baking soda and citirc acid.

Last edited:
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023

I'm inclined to agree with you. If assisted dying was an option I think it would be easier to carry on. If you knew that if things didn't improve you would have access to a dignified death then life would be more tolerable.

cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
how much CO2 would i need for this to be successful? where i live getting stuff like SN might be complicated, since i dont know the age to sell, legal adult age here is 21 and i am 18, so would i be able to ctb with co2 easier and where would i be able to release the co2 to make sure it doesnt escape before i finish ctb? also, is there a sucess rate or where the cases mentioned pure "luck"?

T

theEndCH

almost gone.
Aug 29, 2023
how much CO2 would i need for this to be successful? where i live getting stuff like SN might be complicated, since i dont know the age to sell, legal adult age here is 21 and i am 18, so would i be able to ctb with co2 easier and where would i be able to release the co2 to make sure it doesnt escape before i finish ctb? also, is there a sucess rate or where the cases mentioned pure "luck"?

According to this forensic case report you just need a 500ml Bottle (for example for Aquariums).
It's more important that the CO2 can reach at least more than 12% in the air.

I don't think that both families of 4 had "just luck". I mean in the first case they all got unconscious.