• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
tl;dr: there's a bug, you can see ignored posts and receive notifications from them a couple of minutes after they're posted. It may be a fluke, but it happened just now. Maybe something got borked somewhere in the recent change.

I'm suddenly being quoted by, replied by, notifications for and can see the posts before having to reveal of persons I've ignored. Also, they are just as frustrating or even more so than when I ignored them in the first place.

I saw the discussion about it, but did not think it would get changed. What happened? I don't want to see their posts, replies, be quoted by and notifications from them. Given how irritating their first reply to me was after a long period, I don't want to see them at all.

I double-checked and for sure I still have them ignored, but now they can see my posts and reply to them. Why am I seeing their replies at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ImsooDone1N, liberty_222 and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I saw the discussion about it, but did not think it would get changed. What happened? It's literally an idiot who loves to wind people up. I don't want to see their posts, replies, be quoted by and notifications from them.
A good solution is to close the laptop or to engage in discussions, you're an adult (I hope).

• Love
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, Starryeyes and PeacefulTonic
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I double-checked and for sure I still have them ignored, but now they can see my posts and reply to them in idiotic smarmy ways. Why am I seeing their replies at all?
Maybe this site is 100% nulled. LOL

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, little helpers, liberty_222 and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/new-features-2-way-blocking-and-hide-logo.78194/

Reactions: 9BBN
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
I'm suddenly being quoted by, replied by, notifications for and can see the posts before having to reveal of persons I've ignored. Also, they are just as frustrating or even more so than when I ignored them in the first place.

I saw the discussion about it, but did not think it would get changed. What happened? It's literally an idiot who loves to wind people up. I don't want to see their posts, replies, be quoted by and notifications from them. Given how irritating their first reply to me was after a long period, I don't want to see them at all.

I double-checked and for sure I still have them ignored, but now they can see my posts and reply to them in idiotic smarmy ways. Why am I seeing their replies at all?
I had the same a few minutes ago, but eventually the ignore started working again.

• Informative
Reactions: cyanol, liberty_222 and Suicidebydeath
I

Interloper

ā– 
Jul 23, 2021
Are you saying that you see their replies to your posts even though you have them ignored? That doesn't seem like it's working as intended.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, liberty_222 and Suicidebydeath
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
A good solution is to close the laptop or to engage in discussions, you're an adult (I hope).
Ignoring people is mature, depending on the circumstance. More mature than a lot of what goes on in social media.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, liberty_222, demuic and 2 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Are you saying that you see their replies to your posts even though you have them ignored? That doesn't seem like it's working as intended.
this and also notifications from him, saying I've been quoted as well. Which is something @Chinaski brought up before the change. Definitely not working as intended, for me anyway. Let me double-check.

By the way their comment vanished quickly. I don't know if it got moderated or they deleted it themselves. So I can't double-check. Something's not right anyway, maybe its a delay on ignore??? That doesn't make any sense to me though. Someone check by quoting someone that has them on ignore? I don't know.

By the way, guy that was in this thread. Not talking about you. Stay out of my DMs though, lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ImsooDone1N and liberty_222
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It should be back to how it was before. People can ignore you, but you'll still see their posts (people can ignore someone without impacting the ignored's experience on the site). Probably just the transition taking a minute.

Ignoring people is mature, depending on the circumstance. More mature than a lot of what goes on in social media.
Ignoring without artificial blinders, sure. I'm not against this (one-way ignore), though, just think the world would be better if people could engage rather than divide themselves up. Now, the argument that people could be extra sensitive here I guess might have some truth to it (I'd kind of expect the opposite, though, depends on the person).

Reactions: Snake of Eden and PeacefulTonic
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
this and also notifications from him, saying I've been quoted as well. Which is something @Chinaski brought up before the change. Definitely not working as intended, for me anyway. Let me double-check.
This was a different thing tbh, l was quoted in a thread and got the notification but could not see the post, or any of my own posts within the lengthy discussion thread, because the op had blocked me for (imo very silly) reasons not related to that thread, thus censoring me thereafter from a discussion l was involved in.

What sounds like is happening to you is the one-way ignore isn't working as it could/should, in that you're getting notifs from a user you're not interested in, could be that when the "block" was removed it reset all ignore lists to zero and you may have to re-ignore users who don't interest you?

• Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, empty, little helpers and 3 others
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
It should be back to how it was before. People can ignore you, but you'll still see their posts (people can ignore someone without impacting the ignored's experience on the site). Probably just the transition taking a minute.

Ignoring without artificial blinders, sure. I'm not against this (one-way ignore), though, just think the world would be better if people could engage rather than divide themselves up. Now, the argument that people could be extra sensitive here I guess might have some truth to it (I'd kind of expect the opposite, though, depends on the person).
I don't know what artificial blinders mean.

One way ignore is worse than useless.

Free speech is good, doesn't mean anyone has to listen.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, liberty_222, little helpers and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
, the argument that people could be extra sensitive here I guess might have some truth to it (I'd kind of expect the opposite, though, depends on the person).
Agree sadly, probably unwise to rake over it as hopefully now it's gone for good and never to return but if users here had the discipline to *only* hammer the big block when they were genuinely harrassed/bullied, and not just scattergun it about in angry response to essentially very petty things and thus mess up the forum experience for other users thereafter, it might have worked much better.
I don't know what artificial blinders mean.

One way ignore is worse than useless.

Free speech is good, doesn't mean anyone has to listen.
You don't have to listen, l agree - however the onus is on the individual to scroll past shit they don't like in a place like this, they shouldn't have defacto moderator power to impact on a user's experience of the forum as a whole, which is what that tool enabled.

Reactions: cyanol, 9BBN, PeacefulTonic and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
*Important Info*!!! tldr; theres a problem, idk if it is fixable, someone may have told me before and I forgot.
I confirmed it. What the problem was. There is a delay, even though that makes zero sense to me, not a professional coder, but I know enough.

There is a delay!
So to test it, I quickly unignored the poster.
I can see his post. That normal.
I reignored the poster.
I can't see his post. That's normal. No notification either I think.

However, while he was on ignore, for a minute or more after he first posted.
I could see the post.
All of it.
And I got a notificiation.
That's... kind of awful if you see posts from someone you ignored. Since people can have legitimate reasons to ignore.

Also I over-reacted a little. It was because I was seeing posts from people I had on ignore, and I'm already high anxiety from loved ones wanting to ctb themselves. I read his post back after unignoring him and its just passively annoying. Enough that I can't tell if hes intentionally or unintentionally doing it. But he gaslighted before so, back on ignore, no 6th chances for someone.

anything in /// means no longer applies and I changed mind. Leaving her for full disclosure since its relevant anyway
///The other unfortunately annoying change is that whenever someone quotes an ignored person, I get a notification, that will mess with my anxiety. I can live with it but it's not as good as it was before. That happens now no matter how long since the post. It's unavoidable consequence of the change. So I can see which ignored people are posting in threads I make or other threads. It'd kinda be preferable if I ignored someone for their content to not show at all, as an option. I don't want to "click to see ignored content", thanks. If I see that posts are missing in a thread or replies are weird, I can unignore people and give them a second chance. I did that already with someone.///

-- Edit: so I changed my mind since I was just upset about seeing ignored posts, I have enough self-control not to unlock posts I don't care to see, even if people quote them. Its better the way it is now, let us see when ignored content is quoted. For me personally, for others, it might be worse.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Since two way block is disabled, what about a voluntary mutual ignore. We post who we're ignoring, and ask them to ignore us. No guarantee they will, but it couldn't hurt.

• Hugs
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
What sounds like is happening to you is the one-way ignore isn't working as it could/should, in that you're getting notifs from a user you're not interested in, could be that when the "block" was removed it reset all ignore lists to zero and you may have to re-ignore users who don't interest you?
That might make sense, but someone posted in here and I didn't have to unignore/reignore them. It makes no sense, but it happened to me and @rationalis , for some reason, there's a delay on ignore working now. It can't be a mere coincidence if it happened to both of us, or well. @rationalis how recent was it for you? It literally just happened for me.

• Hugs
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
That might make sense, but someone posted in here and I didn't have to unignore/reignore them. It makes no sense, but it happened to me and @rationalis , for some reason, there's a delay on ignore working now. It can't be a mere coincidence if it happened to both of us, or well. @rationalis how recent was it for you? It literally just happened for me.
There is a delay for me too. Never happened when two way was enabled.

• Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, liberty_222, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Since two way block is disabled, what about a voluntary mutual ignore. We post who we're ignoring, and ask them to ignore us. No guarantee they will, but it couldn't hurt.
POSTER A:

"hi mate, l think your posts are shit, I'm going to ignore you, care to reciprocate?"

POSTER B:

"oh I'm so glad you asked, I've been thinking for ages about how much of a cunt you are, this sure would make it easy for us both, thank you for dropping by, have a good day!"

• Yay!
Reactions: Ashu, justsayin, Noctis and 5 others
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
I saw it tonight, and also a few days ago. The "click to show ignored" message. Though I am relatively new so don't know how things should work.

• Hugs
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I saw it tonight, and also a few days ago. The "click to show ignored" message. Though I am relatively new so don't know how things should work.
When two way was on, I never saw that message.

• Hugs
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
You don't have to listen, l agree - however the onus is on the individual to scroll past shit they don't like in a place like this, they shouldn't have defacto moderator power to impact on a user's experience of the forum as a whole, which is what that tool enabled.
I think they'll never be a perfect implementation of the feature. What is right for some, isn't right for others. The way I envision, the adjustment(not seeing ignored users content at all, inc. quotes I guess), which isn't really necessary or even advisable(just fix the delay bug and its fine), I was just upset, it would only impact the person using ignore button really, paranoia aside. Not other users.

I guess it's also my first or second time strongly disagreeing with you too because, it's not for others to judge people on their ignore reasons, different traumas etc. It should be a relatively safe space for all, so everyone can use the forum. Some people clearly declared already they don't feel they can use the forum anymore, for this reason-the ignore changes, and I think we both agree on that it should be a reasonable experience for everyone, not just hard debators that ignore everything. Different kinds of people have to deal with different kinds of treatment, and different traumas. While humans exist, it'll never be fair for everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ImsooDone1N, liberty_222 and 1 other person
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
When two way was on, I never saw that message.
Same with me, though I think I joined after two way was implemented.

Eight billion people in the world, can't get to know everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
The thing with that message is it's on the user to *click* it, right? It's imo a good tool because it let's you know why a thread may appear disjointed without revealing any content. You have to manually override the content filter you've already set up. This is not a bad tool, just scroll past.
I think they'll never be a perfect implementation of the feature. What is right for some, isn't right for others. The way I envision, the adjustment, which isn't necessary(just fix the bug) it would only impact the person using ignore button really, paranoia aside. Not other users.

I guess it's also my first or second time strongly disagreeing with you too because, it's not for others to judge people on their ignore reasons, different traumas etc. It should be a relatively safe space for all, so everyone can use the forum. Some people clearly declared they don't feel they can use the forum anymore, and I think we both agree on that it should be a reasonable experience for everyone, not just hard debators that ignore everything. Different kinds of people have to deal with different kinds of treatment, and different traumas. While humans exist, it'll never be fair for everyone.
I would broadly agree with this in theory, in that yes there is no concrete and universal line which must be passed to satisfy ignore criteria, however it is absolutely fair to say that a facility which enables one individual user to essentially censor another and impact upon their wider forum experience because of personal dislike is a tool which enables passive-aggressive bullues, and it's also absolutely fair to say that many of the examples of blocking are objectively not a result of bullying or harassment.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, cyanol, empty and 3 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Ok so it was worse for me. I saw that but it was broken. I saw the whole post, no idea why. The click to show ignored was there, but did nothing. Fluke maybe. I hope.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
The thing with that message is it's on the user to *click* it, right?
Yeah, I'm ok with that. It makes the forum make more sense when you ignore someone. Like, I could tell kinda when an ignored post was being quoted before because replies made less sense in context and then I would look for post#s. I think that's a definite improvement to before, if people click and regret it well, they need better self-control, and that's a learning experience that can make a positive out of a negative.
I would broadly agree with this in theory, in that yes there is no concrete and universal line which must be passed to satisfy ignore criteria, however it is absolutely fair to say that a facility which enables one individual user to essentially censor another and impact upon their wider forum experience because of personal dislike is a tool which enables passive-aggressive bullues, and it's also absolutely fair to say that many of the examples of blocking are objectively not a result of bullying or harassment.

Yes I don't disagree with any of that. Or the other things you said :)

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ImsooDone1N, liberty_222 and 2 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
I think he has a right to speak, I just don't want to hear it.

I even think he probably means well, but he digs in and I just don't want to argue online.
That's how I feel about the other people I have ignored and is reasonable to me. Like, I have shit to do! Get out of my way, lol.
What's disappointing "to say the least"? You are smarter than most on here imho and l think you should ask them to provide evidence before further assessing my character in accordance with these people.
Valid. Tbh I don't ask for evidence, I assess going by the posts I personally see and interact with. I don't care otherwise, although you are correct in that was a hasty judgement post, so actually, I apologise for that. Which is why my ignore list is in its current position, if you take my meaning :). But this is why I prefer calm 2-way rational debate without aggravation, or at least attempt to prefer that.

If we all needed evidence of assholes we'd all be back to massive ignore lists lol. Mine is very small, 1-2 at most. Which I still hate. Basically if someone is repeatedly acting sketch imo and taking issue with me personally, but not in a way that can be moderated, then they go on my ignore instead and that's how I use the feature personally, just to avoid extra emotional hassle when I'm already suicidal and taking care of suicidal people. I already had many disagreements with people on here that took issue personally for some reason and they aren't on my ignore, because I did not think they were trying to pull a deliberate nonsensical windup.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
That's how I feel about the other people I have ignored and is reasonable to me. Like, I have shit to do! Get out of my way, lol.

Valid. Tbh I don't ask for evidence, I assess going by the posts I personally see and interact with. I don't care otherwise. Which is why my ignore list is in its current position, if you take my meaning :)

If we all needed evidence of assholes we'd all be back to massive ignore lists lol. Mine is very small, 1-2 at most. Which I still hate. Basically if someone is repeatedly acting sketch imo and taking issue with me personally, but not in a way that can be moderated, then they go on my ignore instead and that's how I use the feature personally, just to avoid extra emotional hassle when I'm already suicidal and taking care of suicidal people. I already had many disagreements with people on here that took issue personally for some reason and they aren't on my ignore, because I did not think they were trying to pull a deliberate nonsensical windup.
Thing is with a functional ignore facility you don't have to justify your use of it - someone annoying? Someone triggering? Someone aggro? Ignore all, or ignore none - you've tailored the available content to your liking via a handy filter and nobody else is any the wiser. I have ignored nobody, you may well end up ignoring a hundred, but neither of us need to explain why because it impacts on nobody else but us, this is exactly how it should work.
I think his avatar suits him.
Agreed.

Reactions: cyanol, 9BBN, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Not disagreeing with this, just the way I view it, if someone has someone on ignore, and the other person is posting, quoting, still replying to that person while the other ignores them, from an outside viewpoint it would just look to me like the one ignoring is the better person and the other is a jackass. However not necessarily in all circumstances and I agree people should have the right to defend themselves publically if they choose to do so. And the right to ignore too.

So not disagreeing just how I was thinking about it. I think its not awful the way it is now, it might be for others. OP is about, fixing the fluke bug. Then see how it goes on from here. I'm sad that some users like threesummers find the current implementation unsafe/unusable for them and absolutely sympathise with them however, so its not outright agreement either. Sucks for everyone, basically.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ImsooDone1N, _Minsk and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Not disagreeing with this, just the way I view it, if someone has someone on ignore, and the other person is posting, quoting, still replying to that person while the other ignores them, from an outside viewpoint it would just look to me like the one ignoring is the better person and the other is a jackass. However not necessarily in all circumstances and I agree people should have the right to defend themselves publically if they choose to do so. And the right to ignore too.

So not disagreeing just how I was thinking about it. I think its not awful the way it is now, it might be for others. OP is about, fixing the fluke bug. Then see how it goes on from here. I'm sad that some users like threesummers find the current implementation unsafe/unusable for them and absolutely sympathise with them however, so its not outright agreement either. Sucks for everyone, basically.
Re your latter point, if someone is being genuinely bullied and harassed then removal of this tool could cause some hardship and this requires strong moderation more than anything else.

My own view, and l say this without seeking to diminish their experience of bullying and harassment, is that if they and other members used the block tool only in these instances and not as an instrument of power for disrupting the forum experience for those they merely considered to be "assholes" the feature may have stayed and been successful.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic and 9BBN
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
A part of me wants neurotypicals to be forced to receive the holy incel NEET teachings, but I suppose it's more humane to let their eyes be covered from blinding wisdom. Funny how the sensitive blockers are often calling people "idiot" and "asshole" left, right and center for disagreeing on some political view or whatever.

Reactions: Ashu and PeacefulTonic
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021

this just means you haven't experienced online bullying. and tbh I'm glad you didn't, and wish you won't encounter shit like that. but like, it ain't nice infantalizing others.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“, Manaaja, ImsooDone1N and 3 others