Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Rome Total War, one of the best games ever made. It's a shame, it has aged so poorly.

God, I played the hell out of that as a teenager. The only reason I don't anymore is because it runs so badly on my computer. I think people on steam said something about dated programming not being optimized for modern computers.

R.I.P.

Reactions: Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
God, I played the hell out of that as a teenager. The only reason I don't anymore is because it runs so badly on my computer. I think people on steam said something about dated programming not being optimized for modern computers.

R.I.P.

Yes, it runs like shit on modern PCs because it wasn't programmed to take advantage of modern hardware. And the maps themselves, were designed with average unit sizes in mind... Because back in the day, who the hell had a PC capable of running this game with the largest unit sizes. Not many people, I think. This game was already revolutionary with the average unit sizes.

Reactions: Scribble Fan

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018

I find it surprisingly peacful for melodic dark metal. Harmonic arrangement, Shagath still has his voice... the rawness, unique to late 90's melodic metal bootlegs... Incredibly tranquilizing.

• Love
Reactions: Essence and a_strange_day
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Essence
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018

The best combination of poetry and melodic/symphonic black metal I've ever heard of. But when I first listened to CoF, I thought its' just another poop metal where the singer was blithering some nonsense; boy, I was wrong.

What happened to this kind of metal when 21st century has come? It affected most of the groups I love :'(

Reactions: woxihuanni and Alucard
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Some electronic songs, if that's your vibe.

There was no / Warning or a sign
As you went / To the other side
Every night / I am holding tears back
I refuse / To ever say goodbye

Burning stars I will see
Jagged roads at my feet
Why don't you think of me
Blurry eyes cry for thee
Hold me from underneath
Father's gone, let him be

Knowing that you sense it
I don't deserve this
Through careful attendance
I found your interest
What is it I'm missing
I can be perfect
I wish I was different
I wish I was worth it

A woman cries alone
Her child just a stain
Mind of eroding stone
She will get hurt again

This one is extremely dark, based on the case of Junko Furuta, a girl who was held captive and ruthlessly tortured and raped for 44 days by a group of boys.

44 days I have been held here
I will never see the light of day
Please save me from reckless, violent hearts
Bodies rest in graves of cold concrete

Reactions: solitary wanderer and Alucard
Lyra

Lyra

Jul 13, 2019

A lot of Opeth too. I'm just going to recommend them in general anyway.

JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
I remember early to mid 70s, there was a British prog rock called Barclay James Harvest, they released an album called Octoberon. On that album is a track called suicide, it is about a disillusioned and disappointed man who was fed up with politics, society, environment and himself, so he decided to quit and jumped off a high building. The lyrics described his mood and thought. The song ends with an audible replay of his jump, an eerie voice whispered 'just in time' then he jumped. I also find Pink Floyd's High Hopes cool. Also listen to In Flame's 'Take This Life'.

Reactions: Alucard and Baskol1
LongSeason

LongSeason

Dec 14, 2018

I love Roman Sidorov's stuff.
F.

Reactions: Help_Me
p7o7p7e

p7o7p7e

May 29, 2019

Please give this song a listen, it's probably a top 5 of all time for me, i'm just in love with it (it's kind of like grunge rock style).

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

The best combination of poetry and melodic/symphonic black metal I've ever heard of. But when I first listened to CoF, I thought its' just another poop metal where the singer was blithering some nonsense; boy, I was wrong.

What happened to this kind of metal when 21st century has come? It affected most of the groups I love :'(

My favourite by CoF is dusk and her embrace. The entire album is so peaceful.

Lord I cannot stand it when they put some heavy gear to a pop song and call that metal. Urgh.

• Love
Reactions: 262653 and Baskol1
IsadoraBeauxdraps

IsadoraBeauxdraps

would like to follow that butterfly
Aug 23, 2019
This music brings a rainbow in my heart, light and dark in the meantime.
But if you ever played this game, you know that this is the voice of abomination.

Reactions: Alucard
GoodForNothing

GoodForNothing

Mar 6, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Alucard