X

xwxw11

Jul 7, 2019
I've been having a really hard time writing something meaningful down for my mother and it's been part of the reason I haven't been able to do it just yet. My mother is a really great person but I've always been having trouble feeling or expressing my emotions and I'm just horrible with words, and I don't know if she'd cope well if I didn't explain my reasoning since she's always been sort of emotional. I've never really talked about my problems with anyone so the couple of people I know would mostly be clueless as to why I did it, including my mother. I know that some people do not leave a note, but it all depends on their situation. Do you think that's okay?

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Perfectly acceptable to not leave a note if you so wish. How do you explain the inexplicable? I have no idea. But after numerous attempts at trying to explain to others how I feel, why I feel and what the solutions are, I have come to realise that no matter what you say to people who have not experienced suicide or depression, they just wont "get it" so I have given up trying to explain it to them.

Reactions: GHOST99, HGL91, Broken Chimera and 3 others
I

IveHadEnough

a defective cell
Jul 17, 2019
It's alright, just do whatever feels comfortable to you. I personally definitely won't be leaving a note, or a testament, or anything behind me when I catch the bus because I just don't care... This world is totally meaningless to me as I'm already living in another dimension. The Dead Dimension. So there will be no last calls, no goodbye dinners, nothing.. But that's just me of course.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, HGL91 and Antonin49
Catch_The_Beaver

Catch_The_Beaver

Living corpse
Jul 2, 2019
You don't have to make an elaborate note explaining every detail. If you care for the people that you are leaving behind, a simple note telling that you love them is enough in my opinion

Reactions: not_a_robot, Thanatos, Brainpain and 2 others
kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
I also thought about just not writing a note at all after desperately trying to put the right words on paper. At the end I have the middle way now, so just a short message. First I describe how I died and that it was painless and peaceful. Then my reasons in 3-4 sentences and finally that I love my family and they are not to blame.

Short, but effective.

It's your decision, of course, and I think it's okay not to leave a note. But such a note is not for you in the first place, but only to alleviate the pain of your bereaved ones. And for that I find a short note appropriate.

Reactions: not_a_robot and Brainpain
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I wouldn't leave any note. I believe that setting myself free from this horrifying world doesn't require an explanation note. The reasons are obvious and if someone doesn't understand it, no note is going to make them understand anyway.

"Please excuse Painted Bird from this stupid life forever. Dr. Death" :wink:

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I think it's good to leave a note at least telling a mom that you love her and it wasn't her fault. Good mothers always naturally blame themselves, they can't help it.

• Love
Reactions: Meg, Intelligent Ape, HGL91 and 1 other person
B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
I think it's good to leave a note at least telling a mom that you love her and it wasn't her fault. Good mothers always naturally blame themselves, they can't help it.
Yup. A couple lines will do. They will never understand but a final I love you might bring a shred of peace

Confined_Soul

Confined_Soul

I'm Bleeding, Quietly living.
Jul 8, 2019
That really is up to you but like they said, a simple short note could do wonders, maybe help them get closure.
a few words, I love you, I'm sorry, It's no one's fault, I'm happy now, that sort of thing.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I think sometimes there's no explanation necessary. When a person has suffered ill health of some sort for years it's pretty obvious why they CTB.

TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
I think a note of some kind is something to consider. I wonder in the end how much good it does. Anyone here know friends or family of someone who ctb'd and left a note? Is there a thread here about that? Imo, one thing we all have to understand, is that even a note as long as novel will never be sufficient. Unfortunately, I dont think there is anything any of us can say that will make our loved ones understand. A sobering thought, indeed.