• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

jeni-chan4

Oct 3, 2023
I don't even know where to start... I'm in London, Ontario. I don't want to jump... I'm afraid of heights. Please help.

• Hugs
Reactions: idk3 and dggtscccvfd
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Start from here:

Reactions: idk3
idk3

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
Passing out in the bathtub/hot tub with Alcohol+sedatives could be one.

I'm looking more into passing out in freezing cold temperatures for hypothermia, but a lot of research is needed:

Numerous factors affect susceptibility to hypothermia and speed of onset: the weather (temperature, wind, rainfall), clothing, time of exposure to elements, how wet you are, body fat, physical fitness/health, height, age, metabolism, etc.
The temperature should ideally be cold enough without causing frostbite since that is both unpleasant/painful and increases the risk of adverse complications were one to be rescued.

Ending up "saved" with severe frostbite would be horrible.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I'm looking more into passing out in freezing cold temperatures for hypothermia, but a lot of research is needed:
If you're in London I don't think it gets cold enough, you'd be waiting a hell of a long time. If you're willing to take a trip up to Northern Ontario though, it could be possible. @Linda is our resident expert on hypothermia so maybe she can confirm exactly what temperature range you should be aiming for.

Reactions: idk3
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I don't even know where to start... I'm in London, Ontario. I don't want to jump... I'm afraid of heights. Please help.
In northern Ontario you could die quickly of hypothermia in winter. At temperatures way below freezing, which is what you would have there, the main danger is getting "rescued" by someone and waking up with frostbite. That could be very nasty, and you could lose limbs. So you must ensure that you are in a sufficently away-from-people place that you do not get found until well after you are dead.
You can die of hypothermia at temperatures a degree or two above freezing, especially if it is raining, and even more so if it is both wet and windy. (Every year there are accidental deaths in that way in Scotland, where inexperienced people go out into the hills and don't appreciate the danger.) There is then no possibility of frostbite, so you could say it's a safer alternative. You still don't want to be rescued though, because if you are revived after being very close to death there is a risk of permanent brain damage.
London, Ontario is closer to the second situation. It does get below freezing for about 2 months of the year (January and February), but not far below. As @Alexei_Kirillov remarked, you might consider a trip to somwhere a bit further north.
As your body loses heat, you start to feel cold, obviously. You would be shivering for a while. But as your body temperature drops further, the shivering stops (because your body can't produce enough energy to power the muscle contractions), you eventually feel warm and sleepy, and then you just fade away. It's a peaceful way to go.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rozeske, Alexei_Kirillov and bipbapbop
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
In northern Ontario you could die quickly of hypothermia in winter. At temperatures way below freezing, which is what you would have there, the main danger is getting "rescued" by someone and waking up with frostbite. That could be very nasty, and you could lose limbs. So you must ensure that you are in a sufficently away-from-people place that you do not get found until well after you are dead.
You can die of hypothermia at temperatures a degree or two above freezing, especially if it is raining, and even more so if it is both wet and windy. (Every year there are accidental deaths in that way in Scotland, where inexperienced people go out into the hills and don't appreciate the danger.) There is then no possibility of frostbite, so you could say it's a safer alternative. You still don't want to be rescued though, because if you are revived after being very close to death there is a risk of permanent brain damage.
London, Ontario is closer to the second situation. It does get below freezing for about 2 months of the year (January and February), but not far below. As @Alexei_Kirillov remarked, you might consider a trip to somwhere a bit further north.
As your body loses heat, you start to feel cold, obviously. You would be shivering for a while. But as your body temperature drops further, the shivering stops (because your body can't produce enough energy to power the muscle contractions), you eventually feel warm and sleepy, and then you just fade away. It's a peaceful way to go.
How long are we talking here? 30 minutes? An hour? Two? I guess there's no straightforward answer to that since there are so many variables at play but my concern with hypothermia has always been the duration. Immediately after my drowning attempt (in 1C water) failed, I thought of trying my hand at hypothermia. I was completely soaked, it was -2C outside, and I was barely wearing anything. But I ended up calling an ambulance because I was so scared of surviving with frostbite and losing some fingers. Sometimes I go back to that moment and wonder if it wouldn't have been better to wait longer...

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
How long are we talking here? 30 minutes? An hour? Two? I guess there's no straightforward answer to that since there are so many variables at play but my concern with hypothermia has always been the duration. Immediately after my drowning attempt (in 1C water) failed, I thought of trying my hand at hypothermia. I was completely soaked, it was -2C outside, and I was barely wearing anything. But I ended up calling an ambulance because I was so scared of surviving with frostbite and losing some fingers. Sometimes I go back to that moment and wonder if it wouldn't have been better to wait longer...
I deliberately didn't include a time period, because there are so many variables that influence it. As well as the external conditions, your own physical state matters a lot, such as how well nourished you are, how much body fat you have, etc. However if we are talking hypothermia in air (not immersion in cold water) it would typically take a few hours at temperatures close to freezing or a little below, assuming that you are wearing only light clothing. You wouldn't survive a night (in winter). At very cold temperatures, e.g. -40, death would come faster.
Complete immersion in freezing cold water will typically result in death in under an hour.
Just standing outside in the cold is probably not the best way to go about this. If nothing else, you will get very bored. That's why I will head off into the wilderness. Walking (or skiing, if appropriate) uses up energy, as well as keeping your mind busy. I'm used to travelling in the wilderness, often alone, so I would have no difficulty getting a long way out. I would wear warm clothing until I was way out there, to be sure of getting a long way from other people, and then reduce it to something much lighter.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I deliberately didn't include a time period, because there are so many variables that influence it. As well as the external conditions, your own physical state matters a lot, such as how well nourished you are, how much body fat you have, etc. However if we are talking hypothermia in air (not immersion in cold water) it would typically take a few hours at temperatures close to freezing or a little below, assuming that you are wearing only light clothing. You wouldn't survive a night (in winter). At very cold temperatures, e.g. -40, death would come faster.
Complete immersion in freezing cold water will typically result in death in under an hour.
Just standing outside in the cold is probably not the best way to go about this. If nothing else, you will get very bored. That's why I will head off into the wilderness. Walking (or skiing, if appropriate) uses up energy, as well as keeping your mind busy. I'm used to travelling in the wilderness, often alone, so I would have no difficulty getting a long way out. I would wear warm clothing until I was way out there, to be sure of getting a long way from other people, and then reduce it to something much lighter.
Thanks for the information, it was probably the right call for me to give up then.

Reactions: Linda