DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Fear of crashing and not coming back
Oct 18, 2018
I hope this is in the correct section, apologies if not.

I was wondering how people feel about Christmas (in countries where it's a major holiday) and coping with it. Recently I've been seeing all the decorations and trees going up, Christmas trees put out for sale and even seen someone already carrying theirs home having purchased.

I don't usually have any issue with people being happy, in fact I prefer people to be enjoying themselves, if people can be happy then that's good. However Christmas feels different somehow; it's not that I don't want people to enjoy it but when you feel you need to ctb yet see all the joy around (at least ostensibly but in many cases genuine) I think it's difficult, at least I'm already finding it so. Maybe it's partly because of my personal reasons for needing to ctb, one of which is the hugely detrimental impact I have on my mother's life, and knowing that she can't enjoy anything for various reasons all due to me, let alone Christmas which she used to love. So maybe it's partly knowing she will be feeling this pain too, thanks to me.

I'm rambling a little but was wondering if anyone else struggles around Christmas and in the lead up. Ideally I would ctb before it gets going even more but I don't have the means (am struggling to properly research too though trying) nor built up the courage yet properly so know I won't be able to any time soon. It's tough walking around seeing it all I find, even though I wouldn't want people to not be enjoying themselves looking forward to it.

Reactions: TheCrow, weedoge, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
With Christmas I just ignore it until it goes away like I do with any holiday.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox and 2 others
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
With Christmas I just ignore it until it goes away like I do with any holiday.

Yeah my post is with hindsight probably a bit of a melodramatic one, maybe stupid overthinking in that way when trying to ignore it is best.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and worldexploder
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I've spent the last two christmases holed up in my apartment alone drinking myself to death.

If I don't ctb before Christmas this year, it will be spent in similar pathetic fashion as the last two.

Reactions: Tyuiop and Weeping Garbage Can
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Years of SSRIs, benzos and brain fog/dissociation has made me pretty much unaware of what's going on around me. So I'll spend it the same way as usual - under a blanket of derealization and indifference.

Reactions: Throwawaysoul, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 52shriek and 2 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
The thing about Christmas that makes me suicidal is the non-stop fucking blaring of Christmas music, everywhere I go.

I also don't do holidays. I don't take phone calls or texts. I go to the gym, and ignore people.

Reactions: KitKat, Going Home, azucaramargo and 3 others
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Being no longer religious, ive become less attached to Christmas. But it's also because, I've got more important things to focus on, like getting the heck out of this world :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I've spent the last two christmases holed up in my apartment alone drinking myself to death. [...]
Is this "egg nog" substance as amazing as everyone says?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and stargazer
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Is this "egg nog" substance as amazing as everyone says?

I drink non-alcoholic in Christmases gone past. Store bought in the milk/custard section. Have done so in the past. Tastes like a blend of vanilla and whipped cream as a liquid. It's an interesting taste, faintly caramel-like. Unless I'm just weird.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Christmas, like any other holiday, is just another day for me. I don't celebrate, I don't put up lights, I don't send cards, I don't tell anyone merry Xmas, I don't want anything, I don't give anything, I don't sing carols, I don't watch Xmas shows movies or cartoons.

I'm sure full of I don't's.......

Reactions: Going Home, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad and 2 others
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I get the strong feeling now (happily) that I'll have (successfully) caught my bus before Christmas. The past few Christmases I've pondered "is this my last" but without over-thinking it as a negative, I was indifferent, but merely thinking it because "surreal" feelings.

I'm sorry if others disagree. But I've been waiting 4 years. I can't do any more years.

I won't live to 2019 (hooray!).

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Christmas = people buying shit they don't need with money they don't have.

Reactions: We_will_all_die_1day, mattwitt, Norest4thewicked and 2 others
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I hate Christmas. This year is weird. My mother died a year ago and I think about stupid little things she used to love about Christmas and instantly I start crying. It's getting annoying actually, luckily I don't have a job.

Reactions: weedoge, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DreamsofDeath
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
I hate Christmas. This year is weird. My mother died a year ago and I think about stupid little things she used to love about Christmas and instantly I start crying. It's getting annoying actually, luckily I don't have a job.

Sorry to read of that. I hope you're finding ways to cope as well as you can. I think this is the kind of thing which can make Christmas an even more difficult time for some.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Throwawaysoul
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I hate all of those romantic Christmas movies on the hallmark channel !

M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I find Christmas very depressing because I know that I'd enjoy it under the right conditions. It's always the time of year that reminds me that I'm all alone with a crappy family. This Christmas will be my last thankfully.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Smilla
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I'm just going to try to enjoy it the best i can, as it will hopefully be my last one

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I hope this is in the correct section, apologies if not.

I was wondering how people feel about Christmas (in countries where it's a major holiday) and coping with it. Recently I've been seeing all the decorations and trees going up, Christmas trees put out for sale and even seen someone already carrying theirs home having purchased.

I don't usually have any issue with people being happy, in fact I prefer people to be enjoying themselves, if people can be happy then that's good. However Christmas feels different somehow; it's not that I don't want people to enjoy it but when you feel you need to ctb yet see all the joy around (at least ostensibly but in many cases genuine) I think it's difficult, at least I'm already finding it so. Maybe it's partly because of my personal reasons for needing to ctb, one of which is the hugely detrimental impact I have on my mother's life, and knowing that she can't enjoy anything for various reasons all due to me, let alone Christmas which she used to love. So maybe it's partly knowing she will be feeling this pain too, thanks to me.

I'm rambling a little but was wondering if anyone else struggles around Christmas and in the lead up. Ideally I would ctb before it gets going even more but I don't have the means (am struggling to properly research too though trying) nor built up the courage yet properly so know I won't be able to any time soon. It's tough walking around seeing it all I find, even though I wouldn't want people to not be enjoying themselves looking forward to it.
Everyone on this site is so CONSIDERATE! Not wanting anyone else not to enjoy Xmas... You are cool. The holidays are incredibly difficult. Effing family all around. Time to think about how crappy your (i.e., my) life is. It's a terrible time. Just based on your kindness and extreme consideration for other people I REALLY doubt you are causing your mother any pain. I'm sorry to ask this, but are you on medication? I think a nice antidepressant would take the edge off your worries. And, I would bet everything I own that your mom loves and enjoys you VERY much.

Reactions: sif and DreamsofDeath
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
The thing about Christmas that makes me suicidal is the non-stop fucking blaring of Christmas music, everywhere I go.

I also don't do holidays. I don't take phone calls or texts. I go to the gym, and ignore people.
I revere anyone who can get his/her butt to the gym. That is cool.

Reactions: sif
DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Oct 18, 2018
Everyone on this site is so CONSIDERATE! Not wanting anyone else not to enjoy Xmas... You are cool. The holidays are incredibly difficult. Effing family all around. Time to think about how crappy your (i.e., my) life is. It's a terrible time. Just based on your kindness and extreme consideration for other people I REALLY doubt you are causing your mother any pain. I'm sorry to ask this, but are you on medication? I think a nice antidepressant would take the edge off your worries. And, I would bet everything I own that your mom loves and enjoys you VERY much.

Many thanks for your kind words which are much appreciated. I'm not on any medication; I have fleetingly thought about whether it would be something beneficial before but I think what troubles me possibly goes beyond what medication can solve due to other circumstances. Thanks again for the post and hope you're coping alright with this time of year.

TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Maybe it's partly because of my personal reasons for needing to ctb, one of which is the hugely detrimental impact I have on my mother's life, and knowing that she can't enjoy anything for various reasons all due to me, let alone Christmas which she used to love. So maybe it's partly knowing she will be feeling this pain too, thanks to me.
Omg, SAME.

Reactions: DreamsofDeath