C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
I'm also confused as to why you'd jump on a post of someone clearly struggling and has been for awhile to shame of fault or push your beliefs on them? What did you gain? Do you honestly believe your viewpoint has never been presented to them? Do you think they have never put any thought into what you're saying or that it what you're saying is also causing them pain in their mind? Fully understand the Internet and that they made the post so they should be okay when others disagree but I'm so lost as to the hostility or negativity being fed at them on a suicide forum on a post they are expressing they pain. Does that not seem just as cruel as what You claim their kids would have to deal with the kids they don't even have and aren't even in the process of trying to have? They even started the post by saying they are conflicted and that in their head it was something they wanted to achieve for you to come in and shit on it because you don't believe in it. You are telling them their goal is worthless that they aren't god and to stop being delusional so what in your mind allows you to be above them and say what they should or shouldn't do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Starryeyes, anaschariac and PDAnnie2610
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
The woman that birthed me was a cum dump that was paralyzed raped and forced to have kids so she didn't ask to have me pretty sure she wasn't thinking life was cookies and rainbows and yes I do take full responsibility for any suffering my kids have gone through and will go through it is my fault for not doing more to not have them. 100% on me and not one minute I am alive will I ever regret them. They are loved and they have a much better life than I had and yes tomorrow that could all end and their pain would be on me. I dont believe the world is meant for everybody but I don't believe everybody lives a life not worth living

We aren't going to agree on this and you're right and I take the responsibility for that
Don't feel bad on account of others. Here's hoping you have a great day ahead.

It's important to respect that people have diverse views and that we are entitled to ours where our own body or autonomy is concerned.

Reactions: Crimsonghost3
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
I'm also confused as to why you'd jump on a post of someone clearly struggling and has been for awhile to shame of fault or push your beliefs on them? What did you gain? Do you honestly believe your viewpoint has never been presented to them? Do you think they have never put any thought into what you're saying or that it what you're saying is also causing them pain in their mind? Fully understand the Internet and that they made the post so they should be okay when others disagree but I'm so lost as to the hostility or negativity being fed at them on a suicide forum on a post they are expressing they pain. Does that not seem just as cruel as what You claim their kids would have to deal with the kids they don't even have and aren't even in the process of trying to have? They even started the post by saying they are conflicted and that in their head it was something they wanted to achieve for you to come in and shit on it because you don't believe in it. You are telling them their goal is worthless that they aren't god and to stop being delusional so what in your mind allows you to be above them and say what they should or shouldn't do?
It's an open forum, everyone's free to express their opinion. And clearly @blueclover_. doesn't agree with OP. I share similar views on the subject of having kids

Reactions: blueclover_.
C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
It's an open forum, everyone's free to express their opinion. And clearly @blueclover_. doesn't agree with OP. I share similar views on the subject of having kids
Hence why I said they made the post its the Internet I'm not dumb I understand how it works. I also agree with both sides as strange as it is. I fully accept the suffering of my kids is on me and I live with that every day of my life any bad that comes to them boils down to my fault because I didn't do enough to prevent them from being born. Life is shit so if not for me they wouldn't ever know that but Elliot didn't say hey I'm actively trying to have kids or that they even were thinking of starting the process. This is a concept that they stated they were conflicted about in the first sentence. They also said they are basically infertile so they possibly of the concept is pretty low and they are being told it's a worthless concept and to abandon it when they are already down and hurting. Does this not seem just as cruel to do too a person is it not demonstrating the exact behavior or attitude that is being used as a reasoning that they should give up this baseless dream they have for their own fulfillment and peace. Personally I just feel like had the post said hey I'm trying to get pregnant but I'm suicidal then I think yes holding them responsible for actions is acceptable but there are being put down for a thought a concept that isn't even being acted upon. They haven't and aren't currently bringing a child into the world so what benefit does saying they are delusional do? What gains are there to be had putting down someone for what expressing their thoughts that harmed no one?

Reactions: PDAnnie2610 and blueclover_.
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
Hence why I said they made the post its the Internet I'm not dumb I understand how it works. I also agree with both sides as strange as it is. I fully accept the suffering of my kids is on me and I live with that every day of my life any bad that comes to them boils down to my fault because I didn't do enough to prevent them from being born. Life is shit so if not for me they wouldn't ever know that but Elliot didn't say hey I'm actively trying to have kids or that they even were thinking of starting the process. This is a concept that they stated they were conflicted about in the first sentence. They also said they are basically infertile so they possibly of the concept is pretty low and they are being told it's a worthless concept and to abandon it when they are already down and hurting. Does this not seem just as cruel to do too a person is it not demonstrating the exact behavior or attitude that is being used as a reasoning that they should give up this baseless dream they have for their own fulfillment and peace. Personally I just feel like had the post said hey I'm trying to get pregnant but I'm suicidal then I think yes holding them responsible for actions is acceptable but there are being put down for a thought a concept that isn't even being acted upon. They haven't and aren't currently bringing a child into the world so what benefit does saying they are delusional do? What gains are there to be had putting down someone for what expressing their thoughts that harmed no one?
Despite being a 'natalist' (You seem to agree with antinatalism but i am not sure), you actually took the time to understand the other side. I respect that.

I and other people have no intention of hurting Elliot, just a rational argument against her belief. If you don't want your belief to be discussed, then don't share it. This is a discussion forum after all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Crimsonghost3 and PeacefulTonic
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
Yes. Expressing it respectfully while respecting boundaries is the key. It's the OP's thread, not yours.

C

cherubrock

Oct 31, 2021
I wouldn't dare to argue with a woman on this topic.
Their desire for kids is like getting hormonal munchies for them.
Human behavior is not rational in general. Just read and enjoy.. far too detached to get upset about anything.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
I wouldn't dare to argue with a woman on this topic.
Their desire for kids is like getting hormonal munchies for them.
Human behavior is not rational in general. Just read and enjoy.. far too detached to get upset about anything.
I am a woman lol. Thriving as an antinatalist queen. Don't start with the sexism. The arguments are never meant to be personal though.

Reactions: Lutembëe, cherubrock and PeacefulTonic
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
me to feel like my life would be better gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: PDAnnie2610
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
I've got to agree. Saying that others are delusional for having their own view goes too far and can be construed as a personal attack.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
I've got to agree. Saying that others are delusional for having their own view goes too far and can be construed as a personal attack.
It is not though. Some people get offended by simple non-offensive things, so really it boils down to how you manage your feelings.

I am only responsible for what i say, not how you interpret it.

• Love
Reactions: Crimsonghost3 and PeacefulTonic
C

Crimsonghost3

Nov 14, 2021
Despite being a 'natalist' (You seem to agree with antinatalism but i am not sure), you actually took the time to understand the other side. I respect that.

I and other people have no intention of hurting Elliot, just a rational argument against her belief. If you don't want your belief to be discussed, then don't share it. This is a discussion forum after all.
I am having a very hard day in my head so I apologize if I came off hostel or negative Its not an excuse on my end I am trying my best to get my thoughts out correctly and non argumentivily and I appreciate the way you said this. I do agree with antinatalism but the moment I had my first I lost all rights to advocate against. While not being a mistake but is on me that I had a 2nd. I do take responsibility for both and I will never recover from any damage I have done or that they will endure because I brought them in.

I may have taken what you said in a different way than you meant it It just felt more towards attacking her for wishing something for herself that would help her find acceptance and peace within herself which is what we wish everyone who chooses to ctb. I just found it out of place when its nothing more than a thought rather than an action.

I respect your opinion and your thoughts I do believe I agree with some as well it just seems like the wrong time maybe to share that but this is the forum I don't post quite a lot for fear of reaction I can't handle so they as well had that option and choose against it and which you are free to express yours as well
It is not though. Some people get offended by simple non-offensive things, so really it boils down to how you manage your feelings.

I think that is a better way to say it my issues wasn't with your points but more the tone and manner I read the text to come off as. While I don't think saying they are delusional was appropriate I accept that I may have read it to come off in a much more negative and harmful way than was intended

Last edited:
Reactions: PDAnnie2610 and blueclover_.
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019

Some words are neutral - hence subject to interpretation. Words like delusional are not neutral and hence you are right - you should be responsible for your negative words used. To use such unsympathetic or condemning language on someone who's expressing her own longings is definitely inconsiderate, especially on a forum where people are vulnerable and seeking support.

You are definitely entitled to your own opinions but respect for others is the key here - you can definitely choose to judge others for theirs but know that your opinions doesn't necessarily entitle you to judge others for their personal opinions on their own threads. You can likewise form your own thread and express your own opinions.

• Love
Reactions: Starryeyes and anaschariac
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
How's that a fallacious assumption?
Because having mental health concerns does not render one incompetent. I've a comfortable income and job, am fairly educated and have the means to provide for my child (if I have one) comfortably.

Reactions: Starryeyes
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Oct 11, 2021
Some words are neutral - hence subject to interpretation. Words like delusional are not neutral and hence you are right - you should be responsible for your negative words used. To use such unsympathetic or condemning language on someone who's expressing her own longings is definitely inconsiderate, especially on a forum where people are vulnerable and seeking support.

You are definitely entitled to your own opinions but respect for others is the key here - you can definitely choose to judge others for theirs but know that your opinions doesn't necessarily entitle you to judge others for their personal opinions on their own threads. You can likewise form your own thread and express your own opinions.
I was only expressing my opinion and i used the word 'delusional' because it was part of my conclusion of OP's belief. It was not intended to be a personal attack and should not be perceived as such.

If you don't agree with my opinion about OP's belief being delusional, then you are justified to think so for your own reasons. And i am justified for mine.

Last edited:
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
I was only expressing my opinion and i used the word 'delusional' because it was part of my conclusion of OP's belief. It was not intended to be a personal attack and should not be perceived as such.

If you don't agree with my opinion about OP's belief being delusional, then you are justified to think so for your own reasons. And i am justified for mine.
You fail to understand the need to behave with compassion towards others who are struggling. Using judgemental words like "delusional" can get personal. You can have your beliefs but please do not impose your beliefs on others, especially when that's not even a thread you started. By claiming that you are expressing your opinion, there's failure to be responsible for the words you use which can hurt others who are in a vulnerable state.

Ever heard of this phrase - "do not say anything if you have nothing good to say"?

• Love
Reactions: Starryeyes
Starryeyes

Starryeyes

Experienced
Sep 22, 2021
I REALLY do not think this is the thread to start antinatalism shit with assumptions on what Elliot can and can't provide and your own view on the world. Leave it out. Can't you see they are struggling enough ? Use another thread to spread it.

Reactions: PDAnnie2610