cactusflower

cactusflower

here but not here
Apr 19, 2023
When people try to help it all seems superficial and surface level. Even when talking to therapists, granted I don't divulge as much as I should in fear of being institutionalized, it all seems like a waste of time. And no one really understands how much being alive hurts. Of course,the typical platitudes of "I'm here for you," and "It will get better," now just seems like smoke and mirrors. It seems people just say this to me now just to get me to stop talking.

I've tried to be more reserved about my issues with people as I'm sure talking about my suicidality constantly is probably lying not great for their mental health either, but it's tiring knowing that no one really cares or will ever care, or even understand. Being there for someone sometimes just isn't really enough. It just reminds me that people have their own lives and don't have the time to care about mine. So why should I?

• Love
Reactions: alonely, Torabol and Rogue Proxy
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
My daughter at around 15 was talking to a friend of hers on the phone. She was in west coast living with her mother at the time. She was talking about CTB and her friend immediately told her own parents. Her parents called the police and the hospital got involved. My daughter was taken away in a cop car to the hospital on a 24 hour watch. I didn't find out for a year or so because neither my daughter or her mom would tell me until one slipped up. My daughter says she has a hard time because her mother and her moms boyfriend and her moms husband do nothing except fight. Yeah I know.. it was an arrangement her mom and her "current" husband made due to distance between them at the time.

I told my daughter she could come live with me. I do require her to do chores, but I pay her for them and when I see her overwhelmed, I make her take a break and do something like go out to dinner/ice cream. My daughters mental and physical growth is important to me. Because I know how mine is and what I want parents/people to do for me.

My daughter told me she needs to be there for her mom's mental health…..and that's why she can't spend as much time with me. Now she's 18 And wishes she would have chosen to stay with me…or atleast thats what she says. My trust in people, period, says otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: alonely
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion I see it as being for the best not to open up to other people as so many won't even try to understand, they are too self centred to ever care anyway, they are just focused on their own existence but as well as that many humans just lack compassion towards the suffering that exists here. I'm not even surprised that those people are acting in such a way.

Reactions: myusername890 and Rogue Proxy