• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
This is probably the one thing holding me back from CTB. Sometimes when I'm in the mood to CTB, it's at the wrong time and when the perfect opportunity to CTB arrives I back out of it because the thought of "nothing" after death scares me from going through with it. I try to think of "nothingness" in death as that sleeping state where you don't have any dreams and just sleep but don't wake up. That helps ease the worry sometimes, but I just want some perspectives on how to deal with the potential for "nothing" to await us when we die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici, Soulless_Angel, SenMorta and 4 others
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
Not me. Nothingness is my dream.

• Love
Reactions: WhyIsLife56 and SenMorta
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
"The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness. Although the two are identical twins, man, as a rule, views the prenatal abyss with more calm than the one he is heading for (at some forty-five hundred heartbeats an hour)"
- Vladimir Nabokov

i believe i saw this quote float around a lot on SS. it helped me immensely with these feelings.

have you ever fainted? death is like that, except you never come to. a dead man feels no positive nor negative emotions. once you slip under, you will feel no fear, no regret... but you will also never experience joy or love again. i think that is a fair trade.

please note i am not encouraging you towards or inciting suicide, i am merely providing a logical answer to your question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici, pthnrdnojvsc and panhandler92
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
"The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness. Although the two are identical twins, man, as a rule, views the prenatal abyss with more calm than the one he is heading for (at some forty-five hundred heartbeats an hour)"
- Vladimir Nabokov

i believe i saw this quote float around a lot on SS. it helped me immensely with these feelings.

have you ever fainted? death is like that, except you never come to. a dead man feels no positive nor negative emotions. once you slip under, you will feel no fear, no regret... but you will also never experience joy or love again. i think that is a fair trade.

please note i am not encouraging you towards or inciting suicide, i am merely providing a logical answer to your question.
I know you're not encouraging me to CTB. That decision will come in time. I have, unfortunately, never fainted. All I've ever experienced was the sleeping state where no dreams happen. That's what I hope it feels like (if there is no afterlife).

Reactions: charlottewilts, mesohappy and maka
Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
This is probably the one thing holding me back from CTB. Sometimes when I'm in the mood to CTB, it's at the wrong time and when the perfect opportunity to CTB arrives I back out of it because the thought of "nothing" after death scares me from going through with it. I try to think of "nothingness" in death as that sleeping state where you don't have any dreams and just sleep but don't wake up. That helps ease the worry sometimes, but I just want some perspectives on how to deal with the potential for "nothing" to await us when we die.
Whenever I write my goodbye post you will find the answers you seek ! Consider it a deathbed confession , factual and accurate.
Anyone who has read my posts knows I don't fantasize and that I respond clearly with empathy though at times , Inject some humor to a few on here .

Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
My personal beliefs are that there is life after death and our spirit/soul goes on to another dimension. I dont think be much point being on this earth in first place if this is all that there was. I know we have all differing beliefs and that is good, but for me I truly hope I shall be reunited with all my loved ones again. I have no way of proving it, no more than could prove we just are in the sleep state with no dreams. Fainting isn't a nice thing to happen, but when you do, your hearing is last to block out before you faint right off, like they say happens when we pass our hearing is the last. It is scary to think there maybe nothing, but I try and veer away from that as very spiritual person.

Reactions: Cevapcici and Lil_Intro_Vert
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
You can't truly come to terms with it. That which exists cannot comprehend that which does not. It's why religions exist. Unless ofc they are right and something continues after death.
But I've always tended to feel that those that speak of such things do not know and those that might know cannot speak. To be human is to never know the truth or faith becomes meaningless. If you knew, would you tell the world? Who would believe it? How would you describe it because I bet it would be way beyond our understanding?
Entropy may be the driving factor that stimulates life. That we will all become nothing may be why life strives so hard to survive.
If this is true I don't believe it detracts in any way from individuals personal beliefs. On the contrary, it makes faith all the more necessary.

Reactions: Cevapcici
RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
I firmly believe that there is nothing after we die. It's just a void of endless slumber that we are not aware of. Like you mentioned, sleeping without dreaming. I don't think it should matter because once you're dead...you're dead. That's it. You don't need to even worry about experiencing nothingness because you're incapable of processing it. I do not fear nothingness or the unknown. I have spent my time on this earth. I have lived and i shall die and become one with the void.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cevapcici and WhyIsLife56
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
You can't truly come to terms with it. That which exists cannot comprehend that which does not. It's why religions exist. Unless ofc they are right and something continues after death.
But I've always tended to feel that those that speak of such things do not know and those that might know cannot speak. To be human is to never know the truth or faith becomes meaningless. If you knew, would you tell the world? Who would believe it? How would you describe it because I bet it would be way beyond our understanding?
Entropy may be the driving factor that stimulates life. That we will all become nothing may be why life strives so hard to survive.
If this is true I don't believe it detracts in any way from individuals personal beliefs. On the contrary, it makes faith all the more necessary.
Never thought about it in that way.
I firmly believe that there is nothing after we die. It's just a blank void of endless slumber that we are not aware of. Like you mentioned, sleeping without dreaming. I don't think it should matter because once you're dead...you're dead. That's it. You don't need to even worry about experiencing nothingness because you're incapable of processing it.
That's true. I guess the only thing is if I do succeed I will be unconscious for a couple of minutes before I die. I only worry about those few minutes if I will experience any sort vision or if I will be in that "sleeping without dreaming" state. I hope for the latter.

Last edited:
X

xxelefante

Nov 20, 2019
It doesn't scare me at all. I'm here because I'm a living, breathing, thinking animal, and if I kill myself I just cease to be. There is nothing to be scared of because you disappear. Biology, man.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I have so much bullshit,memories and noises around me and in my head,nothingness sounds good about now.Like unplugging and turning off an electronic device.

• Love
Reactions: Readytogo#Broken
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
It does sound nice sometimes, but if I can sleep for a period of time in the afterlife whenever I want to, that would be nice.

J

justwantdeath

Dec 13, 2019
My personal belief is that there is an afterlife similar to what the Greeks and Jews call Sheol, with most people ending up in the good part(heaven) of Sheol. I base this on accounts of near death experiences.

Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
My personal belief is that there is an afterlife similar to what the Greeks and Jews call Sheol, with most people ending up in the good part(heaven) of Sheol. I base this on accounts of near death experiences.
Only one way to find out.

Readytogo#Broken

Readytogo#Broken

❤️You’ll never walk alone❤️
Jan 1, 2020
That frightens me too mate, but the more think on it most days I look forward more to going to sleep at nyt than waking up into routine,as shit as that sounds, I'm tryna convince myself we get to the other side, free,our souls are energy have to go somewhere, I hope so anyway mate, stay strong

Reactions: Ame and CarefulWithThatAxe
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
That frightens me too mate, but the more think on it most days I look forward more to going to sleep at nyt than waking up into routine,as shit as that sounds, I'm tryna convince myself we get to the other side, free,our souls are energy have to go somewhere, I hope so anyway mate, stay strong
Thank you.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I used to be afraid of not existing, but now, for me, it is preferable to the certainty that what I'm experiencing and existing through is not going to end and will get worse.

tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Experienced
Dec 30, 2019
My last attempt, all I could think about was how I was about to possibly face eternal nothingness as I was passing out. It really ruined what should have been a peaceful moment. That's what's holding me back now. I'm desperate to get rid of that fear. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that your consciousness might end. It helps to try to convince myself that there is something after death, but I have strong doubts. When things get bad enough, the possibility of that doesn't matter. But it'd be easier if I believed there was something after death.

magick'sgone

magick'sgone

And so on it goes....
May 16, 2019
I just really hope not to be reincarnated.

• Love
Reactions: panhandler92, SenMorta and GoodPersonEffed
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
My theory on death doesn't include an afterlife. I'm really interested in science and quantum physics and there is no spirutual realm in quantum physics so this almost proves there is probably nothing in death itself. But what i believe is: the universe expands (big bang) and colapses and expands again and it will do this for enternity. The reason why we are here is because all conditions where met perfectly. You should view it like winning the lottery with over bilions of numbers. Now i believe one day after we are death we will win the same jackpot. All conditions will be met everything happend the same as before and we are born the exact same way and have to live this life again. We can only hope that after we are born there will be some changes. Like a nearly jackpot where we had some numbers wrong so we have our lives but maybe a bit better.
This chance is extremly low but we have unlimited attempts on this lottery because space is forever.

Reactions: panhandler92 and justwantdeath
J

justwantdeath

Dec 13, 2019
My theory on death doesn't include an afterlife. I'm really interested in science and quantum physics and there is no spirutual realm in quantum physics so this almost proves there is probably nothing in death itself. But what i believe is: the universe expands (big bang) and colapses and expands again and it will do this for enternity. The reason why we are here is because all conditions where met perfectly. You should view it like winning the lottery with over bilions of numbers. Now i believe one day after we are death we will win the same jackpot. All conditions will be met everything happend the same as before and we are born the exact same way and have to live this life again. We can only hope that after we are born there will be some changes. Like a nearly jackpot where we had some numbers wrong so we have our lives but maybe a bit better.
This chance is extremly low but we have unlimited attempts on this lottery because space is forever.

This is exactly how I think about the no afterlife scenario. The Big Crunch theory has made a comeback and also answers the "how did something come from nothing?" question. It existed many times and will exist again. Entering a new life will be like waking as a child with no memory.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
One way I've looked at death is that it's just another form of non-existence. Just think, before you were conceived by your birth parents you simply didn't exist. And when you die you go back to not existing again. Your body gets left behind but your consciousness disappears.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
One way I've looked at death is that it's just another form of non-existence. Just think, before you were conceived by your birth parents you simply didn't exist. And when you die you go back to not existing again. Your body gets left behind but your consciousness disappears.
True , you no longer exist on earth yet you exist elsewhere, everyone has a soul and there is nothing anyone can do about it !
You can certainly be in denial until your last breath and it will make no difference, many hope for eternal darkness and that's not the case either.

• Hugs
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
True , you no longer exist on earth yet you exist elsewhere, everyone has a soul and there is nothing anyone can do about it !
You can certainly be in denial until your last breath and it will make no difference, many hope for eternal darkness and that's not the case either.
Are you making assumptions that I believe wholeheartedly in souls and possible afterlife's? I'm fine with other people believing what they wan't but don't force your own ideals on me.

Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
Are you making assumptions that I believe wholeheartedly in souls and possible afterlife's? I'm fine with other people believing what they wan't but don't force your own ideals on me.
No one is forcing anything on you , all I am saying is you can run but you can't hide ! If you can't deal with it , that's fine .
Yet here's the catch , you wish for everyone to acknowledge your scientific ideology ?

Homulilly

Homulilly

Jan 11, 2020
I am not afraid of nothingness. I am afraid of coming back.

I am torn between fasting to death or just getting a gun or SN.

I have been reading up on SN and I am thinking that may just be my ticket.

I am always so full of doubt

P

panhandler92

-
Jan 2, 2020
I feel like this implies that our "souls" and opinions and experiences have some kind of inherent meaning and worth when it seems as though that could not be further from the truth.
Obviously lives have "worth" in the sense that innocent people do not deserve to suffer but beyond that I'm not so sure.
Existence would have happened at one point or another and I think as living beings we attach self important glory to these things. In order to have the "nothing" of dead space you have to have "something".