L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
It sounds like a good at first. Though I'm not sure how it would all pan out in the end. A Eutopia at first, but it could turn into a total disaster. Still there is some hope that it could all work out. I would be down to live on a island away from all the toxic bullshit.

Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway and Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
It sounds like a good at first. Though I'm not sure how it would all pan out in the end. A Eutopia at first, but it could turn into a total disaster. Still there is some hope that it could all work out. I would be down to live on a island away from all the toxic bullshit.
It does have a certain appeal. But it does seem like the general view is that it would be nice at first but descend into chaos. A bit like those survival reality shows which annoy me to death :-( But hey, if you want to chip in, I'm not sure how much people have pledged but if an island costs $1000000 we just need around $999999. :-D

Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Hell yeah sign me up! ;)
I wish...

Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway and Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Maybe I should start making a spreadsheet to keep track of the funds? You will all honour those offers won't you? ;-) actually on second thought that sounds like way too much work for me right now! :-)

LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
In a realistic way, it could work.
But it will need a strong and loved leader, some rules and other basic society stuff.
Without this it will not last long if the number of the island population rise.
It can be sad to hear for some but there isn't really a way to escape society in a "large number".
There will always be rules and society laws that will follow, otherwise it would be a sort of chaos, somekind of anarchy and if the goal is to leave peaceful on a remote island, anarchy isn't a option.

But Utopia is an option if the people managing the island knows what they are doing and that the people follow the rules over there.

• Hugs
Reactions: GinaIsReady, NeverMatteredAnyway and Flippy
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I wonder, if instead of ctb we could all throw in a few quid, buy a private island, hire a bus and catch it to a new Eutopia. I find so many members on these forums seem to be genuinely kind and humane. Imagine if we all lived together thousands of miles from what troubles us. Just a thought. We could have monkey butler's! And I will get Martin to start drawing up plans for a coconut radio system and if possible a coconut Nintendo system.
I would do it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, Flippy and LonelyHopelessDude
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Sounds like a total and complete disaster in the making. Sign me up !!!
LOL, underrated comment....

Also, you can be in charge of catering......

What's for dinner tonight ?!! (excited)
(deadpan) Potatoes

oh... (less excited)

Reactions: mattwitt and NeverMatteredAnyway
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
This sounds like a lovely idea to this grumpy ass misanthrope. As long as I could isolate myself a majority of the time, I would gladly sign up!

NeverMatteredAnyway

NeverMatteredAnyway

I matter now.
Jan 13, 2020
I wonder, if instead of ctb we could all throw in a few quid, buy a private island, hire a bus and catch it to a new Eutopia. I find so many members on these forums seem to be genuinely kind and humane. Imagine if we all lived together thousands of miles from what troubles us. Just a thought. We could have monkey butler's! And I will get Martin to start drawing up plans for a coconut radio system and if possible a coconut Nintendo system.
Im in. Omg Id love to be with sweet and nice ppl on a beautiful island. And I too seem to isolate, but its bc im afraid of ppl essentially, bc in the real world so many ppl are evil. But I know id be happy on this island with you guys :) I sometimes get snippy with ppl bc I misinterpret n think theyre bullying me. But maybe that would stop bc Id let my guard down and know that everyone is nice. Ok let me know, 10 bucks n Im in right? Lol

K

KN95

Apr 13, 2019
We just need to find a suicidal multimillionaire

NeverMatteredAnyway

NeverMatteredAnyway

I matter now.
Jan 13, 2020
Welcome to SS Island! The land of milk and honey! Or should that be benzos and zopiclone? Either way I hold some glimmer of hope it could be a reality one day! :-)
Yes!!! Lol
We just need to find a suicidal multimillionaire
LOL!!!
LOL, underrated comment....

Also, you can be in charge of catering......

What's for dinner tonight ?!! (excited)
(deadpan) Potatoes

oh... (less excited)
Potatoes are awesome! Esp if Im away from the assholes in my real life!

Last edited: