• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lambgf

lambgf

the void will lead into my arms
Jan 15, 2020
While I was doing my research on SN I stumbled across a comment by @notjustyetagain (thank you for the information!) with a link to an article which states that:

I was wondering if doing a chlorhexidine mouth rinse would help with the salty taste of SN and ease swallowing. Does anyone know of any attempts that mention the use of it? I couldn't find anything with the search function.

Original comment:
re the burning-throat issue, yes quite common. swallowed (i.e. whole-throat) numbing agents may interact badly with SN, but a numbing lozenge doesn't seem like a big risk. IIRC none of the accounts focus heavily on the throat pain or describe it as unbearable, sounds more like a low-/medium-strength unpleasant irritation... OTOH if it increases the risk of vomiting, a numbing agent might be a useful addition. would be nice to get rid of taste too. bizarre factoid: chlorhexidine, an antiseptic that's OTC in many countries, is the only known blocker of the human salty taste.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
It appears a bit useless here ?

• Salty taste is on the back of the tongue, distinct but not a discomfort, and not a problem (use straw, nosh something, etc)
  • Stinging throat is due to strong salt on sensitive membrane -- chlorhexidine won't solve that .
* I don't really know how to address burning .. Na+ and NH2- on epithelium.. dunno if it's chemoreceptors (sensory) or cell lysis

Last edited:
Reactions: lambgf and cosmicpixiedust