HighwayToHell

HighwayToHell

Jan 29, 2020
Being trapped and at the whims of higher ups is a trigger for me. Even normal hospitals freak me out with their indefinite stay. Made me stay for four days when I was only meant to be there for one. Thought I'd be trapped forever.

I have no chance in an institution. I'd be retraumatised and thrown into a padded cell. Fuck people they can't be trusted at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, TAW122, Final Escape and 2 others
EmptyMan

EmptyMan

Its over
Dec 22, 2019
Yes mental hospital system is indeed a joke
Maybe try a private therapist?

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and HighwayToHell
HighwayToHell

HighwayToHell

Jan 29, 2020
Yes mental hospital system is indeed a joke
Maybe try a private therapist?
I would but I think my problems are too much. I'd rather it just be over.

Reactions: Skathon, Final Escape and EmptyMan
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Sorry to hear about your situation, and yes I agree with you; most (if not almost all) people IRL just can't be trusted. They care about how your death and existence will affect them rather than how you are suffering. It is utterly pitiful and then even worse, how they act 'surprised' when someone snaps, goes over the edge, CTBs, as if they don't see the obvious problems leading the person to wanting to CTB to begin with. Anyways, I hope you are able to find peace in whatever you choose to do.

Reactions: Skathon, Final Escape, EmptyMan and 1 other person
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Terrible places. I get that it's not a vacation, but somewhere to stabilize shouldn't be so unpleasant that it makes people completely forget their real-world issues in favor of "haha man this sucks & I will say and do whatever I can to get out of here."

I had the nice lady in intake shrug and tell me I'd be there for two to three days, the information packet they gave me said five to ten days, and then it ended up being two and a half weeks. Not a very long time either way, but even that one instance of the being misled by The System has stuck with me big-time. Like keeping someone alive is just that much higher of a priority than respecting them enough to not lie to them about their situation.

Reactions: Skathon, Final Escape and HighwayToHell
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I spent 9 weeks in a mental hospital, i thought i wouldn't get out at 1st but as soon as i responded to treatment they let me out soon after. They helped me a great deal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape