S

Sat

Aug 12, 2024
I'm new here but I've been suicidal for 6 years and I'm somewhat alive despite having many attempts to take my life.

Forget about the first sentence, I'm going straight to the point.

By loneliness in here, let's say it's everything. Sexual, Familiar and self love. Can it really drive a person to just end it all because of having not all of these?

I'm near my limit, and a therapist couldn't help me..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Oneness, null_blank and 13 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I imagine it must be tiring what you go through, it sounds like you've suffered a lot in this cruel existence. But anyway I wish you all the best.

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, juna, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
S

strngpass

Aug 10, 2024
We are social beings so socializing and having people to talk to and engage with it's very much needed for having a balanced psyche. Isolation and lack of social contacts leads to mental issues that for sure

Reactions: Oneness, dagyu, hav0c-inmybrain and 10 others
Fade2Blk0809

Fade2Blk0809

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 8, 2024
Loneliness can absolutely kill. We're hardwired to seek social interaction and when that social connection is unavailable for whatever reason, it can be devastating. I've been alone for decades and trust me it's torture, so I feel where you're coming from.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Oneness, dagyu and 14 others
purple417

purple417

Sep 17, 2023
I'm new here but I've been suicidal for 6 years and I'm somewhat alive despite having many attempts to take my life.

By loneliness in here, let's say it's everything. Sexual, Familiar and self love. Can it really drive a person to just end it all because of having not all of these?

definitely. i think loneliness might be killing me too but honestly idk. i think it makes me care less about life which ig makes my depression and suicidal ideations worse?? but humans need socialization and ppl to thrive. we will be miserable if we dont have that (idk maybe theres some ppl who dont need it but most of us def do)

• Informative
Reactions: emoplugg, grungy自殺, juna and 6 others
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023

Depends sexual alone probably not. That's a hyperspecific part. Studies vary on things like BPD plus that doesn't require a different being.

But loneliness alone. Like not having people. Is horrible for you. It's associated with earlier mortality, worse then cigarettes, and also cognitive issues late in life like Alzheimers.

So yes it is associated with death. It's not good for you.

Reactions: juna, landslide2, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
dump224477

dump224477

a mess
Mar 18, 2023
help it's killing me T_T

• Hugs
Reactions: dagyu, juna, landslide2 and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
If loneliness could kill, I would be dead aleady! Dead inside, for sure.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: dagyu, hav0c-inmybrain, juna and 6 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
It's killing me for sure

• Hugs
Reactions: juna, not-2-b-the-answer, Joarga and 1 other person
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Almost all my close family and friends are dead. I would say yes, it is a killer.

Reactions: juna, landslide2, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Yeah I would say so.

Reactions: juna and Sat
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Experienced
Aug 6, 2024
Scientifically speaking - somewhat, yes. What kills a modern day human is a complex "thing". I don't remember the exact percentages off the top of my head but lifestyle, diet, beliefs in a higher power, having loved ones, having life's purpose - all these contribute to the total number of years you will live.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, juna, divinemistress36 and 3 others
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
100%. had to take time off from work because I broke my leg last year. ended up staying home for months bc of complications and also there's no accommodations for my job. i was so much more suicidal then, stuck at home, away from anyone to talk to. I genuinely don't remember February of this year at all. I barely remember any of March or January either. Humans are social beings! some can survive without socializing, but not most. certainly not me

• Hugs
Reactions: grungy自殺, juna and not-2-b-the-answer
Epikur

Epikur

Oct 6, 2023
Even science has found that isolation and rejection activates similar cerebral regions than those being activated by physical pain. We are not build to live in a state of loneliness, at least not on the long run. Aging processes, another finding, are also accelarated by loneliness. People reaching very old age were seldom lonely. So there is, at least to some extend, a connection between loneliness and life spam.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, grungy自殺, juna and 4 others
V

VoidedExistence

Dec 6, 2023
I think it can. When I am with people, I feel like I can take on responsibilities and do things in life. And really I am all alone which makes me terrified. I don't think I can ever do anything on my own. I need social connections in my life to heal myself, otherwise I will never get better.

• Hugs
  • Love
cowboypants

cowboypants

from farm to fork
May 7, 2024
Yes. It kills you from the inside slowly

Reactions: juna and not-2-b-the-answer
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
If it doesn't "kill you" it definitely takes a mental toll out of you considerably weakening you unless you're like a monk or similar and decide to leave alone forever for religious values and ideals. Otherwise it's no secret it'll tear people apart internally. With society deliberately being on your own without taking help from anyone is gonna sooner or later put you at disadvantage easily. I think that's the whole point about forging relationship/relations to not be alone. In stone age humans only stuck together for practical reasons (hunting groups) and now we stay together for social reasons, bit silly.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, loneliness is absolutely painful to go through for most people. It was painful for me when I was a child but now I guess I've grown out of it as a coping mechanism? Either way, I don't know why but most people aren't meant to be solitary

Reactions: juna
T

Trying To Live

Aug 18, 2024
Yes it can kill you.

I'm also alone.

I understand you.

I wish you the best

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, juna and not-2-b-the-answer
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Even the most introverted person needs some sort of social interaction for a healthy psyche

Reactions: Fall_Apart, juna, mistymoo and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I say yes also. Unfortunately not fast enough for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: juna and divinemistress36
mistymoo

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
It'll be what takes me out soon

• Hugs
Reactions: juna and not-2-b-the-answer
S

skylight7

Aug 16, 2024

I have been going through the same experience of loneliness over the last five years, to make matters worse I lost my money around the same time.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and divinemistress36
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
Oh it's the return of my fellow Xiao's simp ! I hope you're ok dont hésitante to breach to this old dude if you wan a talk

On topic : yes figuratively speaking. It'll drain you and make you a Husk.

J

juna

Exhausted...
Mar 4, 2024
Loneliness kills, it is killing me too.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024

Yeah, I would not disregard anyone who feels as though they'd have to ctb with the only big problem with their lives being loneliness. Personally, although chronic loneliness is not one of my biggest reasons of ctb, I feel as though knowing that I probably won't ever have a "real" friend does make the rest of my life seem more bleak. Someone before early October who I can talk with a lot without pretending to be a whole different person would be nice; atleast sasu members I contact often have been nice to talk to since they don't mind me oversharing or making mistakes, though ik they don't really want to make friends or smth, just being nice; it wouldn't even be shocking if they fully stop talking to me lol, I'm too much of a self-hating mess.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, grungy自殺 and Sat