• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

konglegend

May 6, 2020
on may 3rd,

I sent 850 dollar exactly through western union to A and

the problem happened

he needs to know the amount of pesos to receive the money i sent( US 850)

but my country's service only offers the info about the amount of dollar, which is 850

so my money is just in the air without being given to A.

Does anyone know how to solve this??
It really kills me....

• Wow
Reactions: Darkdreamer001
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Collect back your money through a refund still possible with WU (money wasn't claimed yet cause one of the references is missing) and proceed with Bitcoin/Monero. Who uses WU has gotten possibly police visits / wellfare checks at major countries, as mentioned in the PPH. Unless you accept the danger, it's not the way to go
if you get queried, don't deliver your friends by revealing story details

If you can make use of the "official" conversion rate with MXN? Donno if that suits, sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Ἡγησίας
K

konglegend

May 6, 2020
Collect back your money through a refund still possible with WU (money wasn't claimed yet cause one of the references is missing) and proceed with Bitcoin/Monero. Who uses WU has gotten possibly police visits / wellfare checks at major countries, as mentioned in the PPH. Unless you accept the danger, it's not the way to go
if you get queried, don't deliver your friends by revealing story details

If you can make use of the actual conversion rate ? Donno if that suits, sorry
thanks for helping me out. I will try that for sure. Like you said, i should've just used Bitcoin instead

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Western Union would have to tell you the exact amount in pesos, as the exchange rate can vary from day to day, and it would be in their records the amount of pesos that were sent.

This seems very strange, no one has reported this issue on the forum before that I can recall. Are you absolutely certain you have the correct email address for A and that is who you're dealing with, and did you look closely at the email address the request for peso amount was sent from? I don't mean to be alarming, this is just so odd. If he needed the peso amount, I would think he would tell you how many pesos to send rather than dollars, and Western Union would have worked it out with you when you sent it, they do international transactions all the time.

Definitely sounds like it would be safer to go the Bitcoin route, after making sure it's really A you're communicating with. I assume you were using protonmail on your end as that's the only email service he will accept orders through.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, puppy9, konglegend and 2 others
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Western Union would have to tell you the exact amount in pesos, as the exchange rate can vary from day to day, and it would be in their records the amount of pesos that were sent.

I also don't get it. A advertises in USD, not MXN, so he would typically expect a USD labelled WU order. I believe that at a WU office if it's facilitating as a change bureau/desk too, the recipient would possibly have the choice to request a conversion in another currency, especially local ? (then the conversion rate would be the one of the moment)

@konglegend Keep us updated

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, GoodPersonEffed and Ἡγησίας
K

konglegend

May 6, 2020
it wasn an exact email address that i know. I will keep updated in here when things are done.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
it wasn an exact email address that i know. I will keep updated in here when things are done.

Just to clarify, are you saying that the message you received about the pesos was from an email account you didn't recognize?

• Wow
K

konglegend

May 6, 2020
Just to clarify, are you saying that the message you received about the pesos was from an email account you didn't recognize?
No it was a right email address from A.

plough22

plough22

Living but not really, just surviving
May 1, 2020
Trying to find A and C email, trying to get my hands on N

can someone PM, thanks