N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have heard horror stories about the state of the UK. Still many people say it has nothing to do with Brexit.
From what I have read Brexit had a catastrophic impact on the UK but it is not the sole reason why UK struggles currently. Even Labour does not want to re-join the EU.

In this forum there are many people from UK. I am from Germany and I think I have the legal authority as official diplomat of Germany (I have the most posts of all Germans in this forum hence this role) to make you this offer.

Same conditions as before Brexit; no changes. I would welcome you back with open arms. We had our arguments but together we are stronger.

What would you say?

• Yay!
Reactions: PrettyPotato, leavingthesoultrap, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I didn't vote to leave in the first place. Neither did anyone I know...

To be fair- it was a friend of mine who convinced me why I should vote to stay. I have no idea about politics. They (the politicians) had done quite a good job of convincing me it would be better to leave. That was the problem (I think.) The 'stay' politicians didn't do enough to convince us of their case. Lazy people like me- who only have a glancing interest in politics only really hear the ones that shout the loudest- which is why I usually don't vote! It would be a naive vote. This friend convinced me I must use my vote- Not that it did any good in the end.

But yeah- the other thing is- they did their usual trick of lying to everyone. 'Oh yeah- British farmers- don't you worry a bit. All those European subsidies you absolutely need to survive? We'll pay you...' Promises, promises...

But yeah. I'm not sure if it's Covid, Brexit or both but I think we are struggling more in general in the UK. Even my relatively normie friends aren't exactly happy. They certainly aren't happy with their lot anyway... I don't blame the EU for hating us now!

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
Yes please Brenter again so I dont have to pay 100% customs tax on packages that get delayed by weeks! Would also love to travel there one day.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
Well as you're the official diplomat for Germany, I think the UK'd be foolish to turn the offer down!

You're correct in your summary though - the uk is way more messed up than from brexit alone.
The brexit vote wouldn't have even been proposed if the elitist ruling party had the slightest clue how to run a country.

It's one of the reasons I'm on this site really - no wish to stay another minute in that fucked up hell hole, but no real options to leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
I was on a game last night.. They sounded French.

"Where you from" - Rubbish England

"Aww it's not rubbish, why you say this?" -Poor societal attitudes.

"No way you should be proud of your country man" -Nothing to be proud of, goodbye.

Blocked as to not matchmake with em again, onto the next session.

I was thinking, to start to be proud of a nation, especially a developed one, why isn't Sign Language, which is universal for the most part regardless of language barrier, so it helps there and the deaf community also benefit. Win win, kids learning it instead of or alongside French, Spanish or German (something smells fishy, in the UK after giving some thought as to why it's selectively those languages only taught which barely any little Englander will use after leaving high school..) Kids will learn empathy or compassion of sorts as they understand the struggle the deaf community must face with communication. That's a plus in my books for future generational development and treatment of other human beings. So again, what's there to be proud when something so simple to integrate, hasn't so?