R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
I couldn't find a hotel that I could jump from balcony so I'm still here. Second option is a bridge that's 400 feet over water. Do any of you think I would die immediately on impact?

Reactions: lv-gras, blueming and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I don't trust water hitting concrete is better

Reactions: NOISYMIND, lonelykiwi, starcrossedfate and 6 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I couldn't find a hotel that I could jump from balcony so I'm still here. Second option is a bridge that's 400 feet over water. Do any of you think I would die immediately on impact?
I think it takes about 400 meters (1500ft) to reach terminal velocity so if you were going to jump onto water I'd really do it from the greatest height possible. Head first of course there's a high chance of immediate death but from only 400 feet I'm not sure.

Edit: You can also increase the speed at which you fall by adopting a skydive type position but I don't believe this would have any effect until you reached speeds of 50-60 m/s and higher which would take a great height as it is.

R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
I think it takes about 400 meters (1500ft) to reach terminal velocity so if you were going to jump onto water I'd really do it from the greatest height possible. Head first of course there's a high chance of immediate death but from only 400 feet I'm not sure.

Edit: You can also increase the speed at which you fall by adopting a skydive type position but I don't believe this would have any effect until you reached speeds of 50-60 m/s and higher which would take a great height as it is.

R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
But in the 5th paragraph it seems to say to go feet first in water. Also Golden gate is 250 feet with 98% lethality.

R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
Forgot to say that was in the,article Blue Skies put on her reply.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Bridge into water plus gun is the only way I feel comfortable doing this and even then I might chicken out but honestly I can't carry on like this

Reactions: Miss clefable
blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
Reactions: Ready to go. and skitliv
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
But in the 5th paragraph it seems to say to go feet first in water. Also Golden gate is 250 feet with 98% lethality.
Same with a bridge near me, when I researching it it took me quite a while to realise fatal doesn't mean "death upon impact". You may drown slowly with a lot of pain and anguish. Of course it's up to you to decide what risks you're willing to take. I'm not sure how landing feet first would be better but I'm no expert. Landing head first seems more likely to break your neck which is the only way I can imagine death being instant.

R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
Same with a bridge near me, when I researching it it took me quite a while to realise fatal doesn't mean "death upon impact". You may drown slowly with a lot of pain and anguish. Of course it's up to you to decide what risks you're willing to take. I'm not sure how landing feet first would be better but I'm no expert. Landing head first seems more likely to break your neck which is the only way I can imagine death being instant.
You guys were right it does say to go head first. Ugh, and I get what you are saying about death not being instant.

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
When the Brooklyn bridge first opened there was a diver who tried to prove jumping off it was safe but he died

Reactions: Delaying, weedoge and Miss clefable
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
When the Brooklyn bridge first opened there was a diver who tried to prove jumping off it was safe but he died
I really shouldn't find this humorous at all, maybe it's just the way you wrote it.

Irrelevant but you reminded me of a criminal I heard of once, broke into a pool/arcade place and stole all the £1 coins, pursued by police he jumped into the river behind the place and drowned because of the weight.

Reactions: Ready to go., Delaying and Miss clefable
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I really shouldn't find this humorous at all, maybe it's just the way you wrote it.

Irrelevant but you reminded me of a criminal I heard of once, broke into a pool/arcade place and stole all the £1 coins, pursued by police he jumped into the river behind the place and drowned because of the weight.
At least he got away. People do some really stupid things. It just reminds you how random and unpredictable life is. I'm sure there were people who laughed at both of their fates. Some people are straight up cruel.

Reactions: weedoge
R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018

R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
I shouldn't find it humorous either but it is funny.

R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
Bridge into water plus gun is the only way I feel comfortable doing this and even then I might chicken out but honestly I can't carry on like this
That sounds like 100% foolproof. Wish I had a gun and I would do it.

Reactions: Mr2005 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
how is bridge into water plus gun possible
i dont get it
u jump from bridge and shoot ur self with gun in flight lol
or u shoot urself at the bridge and after the shot u fall

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Miss clefable and Ready to go.
R

Ready to go.

Student
Sep 25, 2018
how is bridge into water plus gun possible
i dont get it
u jump from bridge and shoot ur self with gun in flight lol
or u shoot urself at the bridge and after the shot u fall
Yes I think shooting yourself and then falling would work.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Miss clefable
Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
loll
why wouldnt just shooting work
i read very very stupid thoughts around here rly
no offense
u could just shoot ur sef quietly in ur room,mb with some music playing or something u like and go away peacfully
here u shoot ur self in public and fall like a dog in the water in front of witness
if u have a gun just point it right and its done
why u wanna go to that bridge or whatever?
i think that being outside might stop u from ctb because u will be amongs people and public and thats bad

Reactions: BjartNO
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
broke into a pool/arcade place and stole all the £1 coins, pursued by police he jumped into the river behind the place and drowned because of the weight.

Sounds like a great CTB disguised as accident

Reactions: lv-gras and zadig777