FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
I feel a bit silly about asking this but I feel as though this is the best place.

Anyway, is it (for lack of better term) normal, or I guess do a lot of people, constantly have their brain talking, making music, stories or just whatever as soon as you're not talking out loud? Most of the times it's not dark thoughts, occasionally they do slip in but mostly it's just like my brain jumping from track to track to fill in the times I'm not verbal. I'm posting because I don't know if I'm going crazy or not and that's a pretty good sign that I'm at least on my way to "going crazy"? Fuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zer0, mynameispaige, puppy9 and 1 other person
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I feel a bit silly about asking this but I feel as though this is the best place.

Anyway, is it (for lack of better term) normal, or I guess do a lot of people, constantly have their brain talking, making music, stories or just whatever as soon as you're not talking out loud? Most of the times it's not dark thoughts, occasionally they do slip in but mostly it's just like my brain jumping from track to track to fill in the times I'm not verbal. I'm posting because I don't know if I'm going crazy or not and that's a pretty good sign that I'm at least on my way to "going crazy"? Fuck.
My mind does that pretty much all the time. I'm always doing something/thinking about something at any given point of time - even when I'm just pacing around my room, I'm usually absorbed in some crazy train of thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, FauxEmotions and puppy9
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019

No this happens to me all the time. I have OCD so my mind is always either singing a song or whatever. Sometimes I just want to turn the god damn thing down. Or off. It's not normal to have constant thoughts in your head non stop like I do.

Reactions: FauxEmotions
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Thank y'all for the reply. I'm just glad they aren't dark thoughts too often. The brain constantly going can be maddening enough.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
The only time I don't have a hold on my thoughts is when I'm falling asleep, drifting off so to say. I think it'd be uncomfortable if it happened any other time.

My two cents is, the mind is like the stomach, it will chew itself if it is left to its own resources. If you can give it something to chew on, it may do this chattering less. Learning a language, maths, reading regularly, etc.

Reactions: mynameispaige and FauxEmotions
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Definitely agree with the giving it something to chew on. I've put podcasts away and dusted off the kindle. It helps way more to read rather than listen to podcasts. So far it hasn't gotten too uncomfortable because a lot of times it's music/beats or a daydream type thing. Those dark thoughts do seep through which are alarming but that goes back to as you said, the brain starts to chew itself up.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni
mynameispaige

mynameispaige

Sep 1, 2019
I do the same thing. My mind is always going no matter what. Finding something to focus on definitely helps. If I'm not focused on something I feel like I'm going insane because my thoughts go wild.

Zer0

Zer0

Nem sempre se pode ser Deus
Sep 14, 2018
My brain is always on full talk mode, sometimes i even discuss something wiht myself as if i'm two different persons. It gets a little calmer when i'm doing something that needs atention, and it gets really louder when i try to sleep, i spend at least ' hour in bed trying to sleep almost every day. I don't think it is crazy or something, it is just normal.

Reactions: Fragile and FauxEmotions
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
yes it's normal. if you want it to stop u need to listen in to what your brain is telling you.
just don't rush to conclusions based on those surface level thoughts.

FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Thank you all for the replies. Beauty of this forum is finding relief anonymously. Thanks a ton for real.

Reactions: azucaramargo and Fragile
N

notobeistheanswer

Oct 6, 2019

it's normal n ok

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
it is very normal, i've been told that this happens more often in people who were alone when growing up or had a traumatic experience, but it is still common in normal people. the only reason you are even aware of it is because of anxiety, and since anxiety makes your thoughts race, it only makes you think that you are going insane when i'ts not true at all. if anything it just means that you are creative.

i can't really turn it off so i just drift away in whatever story my mind has prepared for me, it is not so bad and in a way it helps dealing with whatever is happening in my life.

Reactions: FauxEmotions and mynameispaige
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Happens to me all the time my mind is in overdrive.

Reactions: FauxEmotions and malummo
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I remind myself that I'm reminding myself that I need to stop reminding myself of my suffering, which causes more suffering - annoying angering looping bs.

L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
My mind is constantly going!!

sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
Yeah my brain's like that too, I have autism so my brain's always going crazy fast. I literally can't shut my brain up. I always need to be doing like a million things at once too, I have the shortest attention span on the planet :pfff:

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah my brain's like that too, I have autism so my brain's always going crazy fast. I literally can't shut my brain up. I always need to be doing like a million things at once too, I have the shortest attention span on the planet :pfff:
Same. When I worked though it meant that I could juggle many projects at once. It was like a super power just one that I couldn't turn off so quiet times were always hard.

Reactions: FauxEmotions and sammii