Valentino

Valentino

Apr 10, 2023
My education is in ruins, i have no motivation to study, I don't understand anything my teachers tell me, i can't concentrate ever. My adhd is debilitating and medication doesn't help me. I have a very high dosage and it does nothing but make me feel nauseous. Sometimes i have the urge to just take them all at the same time. The school system is awful and not made to help idiots like me. My dreams are unachievable with my kind of intelligence. I fail all my exams and my finals are coming up soon. Im doomed. Any advice on how to have the energy/motivation to study? Or should i just ctb before my exams come?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: StolenLife, thrutrekfinaly, Little_Suzy and 2 others
feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
I would NEVER tell anyone to ctb no matter the situation ,its everyone's personal choice you have to answer the question urself. As for the studying motivation I'm exactly the same, I think its because i do not have a clear goal in mind regarding my later life after I finish my studies feels like I'm not made for this society. Maybe if i get a goal I'm passionate about ill have the motivation to study hard. Hope everything works out for u in the future.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry. This must be so stressful for you. My advice- for what it's worth- would be to talk to your teachers. Be absolutely honest. Tell them how much you're struggling and why. Tell them you're afraid you're going to fail. It's their job to help you at the end of the day. They should at least be able to tell you where to focus your study. You can't be the first person to be struggling. A big thing is that you care and are willing to at least try. All any of us can do is try our best- at the end of the day. I can't advise you to CTB- or anyone come to that but I do understand how you feel- for what it's worth. I wish you all the best- whatever you decide.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
My education is in ruins, i have no motivation to study, I don't understand anything my teachers tell me, i can't concentrate ever. My adhd is debilitating and medication doesn't help me. I have a very high dosage and it does nothing but make me feel nauseous. Sometimes i have the urge to just take them all at the same time. The school system is awful and not made to help idiots like me. My dreams are unachievable with my kind of intelligence. I fail all my exams and my finals are coming up soon. Im doomed. Any advice on how to have the energy/motivation to study? Or should i just ctb before my exams come?
I shouldn't worry too much. His professor at college (Minkowski) had a low opinion of Einstein. It's very unlikely that your assessment of yourself as "an idiot" is accurate. It's far more likely that your abilities are just not well matched to the system you find yourself in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nangijala
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Do you have access to academic accommodations? You should speak with your school counselors and the student disabilities department.

You're still in school with good standing, so make the most of it. If you drop out, things will only grow worse for you.

Use your ADHD resources and request alternative assignments or classes that will fulfill your credits. Good luck and stay in school!

Reactions: Valentino
ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
I shouldn't worry too much. His professor at college (Minkowski) had a low opinion of Einstein. It's very unlikely that your assessment of yourself as "an idiot" is accurate. It's far more likely that your abilities are just not well matched to the system you find yourself in.

This feels like saying that the soul of people on this website is just not matched to Earth.

• Yay!
Reactions: Darkover
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
This feels like saying that the soul of people on this website is just not matched to Earth.
Yes, I suppose that the two things are comparable. But a big difference is that if a college environment is not the right one for you, there are lots of other environments to try. We can't migrate to the Andromeda Galaxy (or anywhere else that might occur to you) to see if existence feels any better there.

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
Yes, I suppose that the two things are comparable. But a big difference is that if a college environment is not the right one for you, there are lots of other environments to try. We can't migrate to the Andromeda Galaxy (or anywhere else that might occur to you) to see if existence feels any better there.

Yeah, the truth is somewhere in the middle. While some people can succeed by changing environment, there are many of us who were just born to fail, no matter where we are.

Reactions: Linda
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Maybe if you are looking for advice about being more motivated then you are better off posting in the recovery section on here rather than the suicide discussion. But after all only you can decide what you should do, the point of this site isn't to tell people whether they should ctb or not. But anyway I wish you the best, it really does sound so tiring what you are going through.