• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
I'm back after a five year absence. I thought I would give things a try, try to be positive and see a bright future. I even went to therapy and stopped my suicidal thoughts. Now I am back and nothing has changed since the first time. All the positive thinking did not convert to a positive life, the therapy didn't really help, it felt like I was hearing recycled tropes that the therapist had used with all their other clients. Avoiding suicidal thoughts actually made me feel more depressed, I think the thought of ctb is comforting. Everything came to a head last Wednesday and the old suicidal thoughts re-emerged with a vengeance. The only difference this time is that I am more resolute in doing it. I have tried to be a "normal" functional being but it just isn't me. I wasn't really happy, I was just going through the motions. It seems that once the suicide seed has been planted it doesn't stop growing.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, sorrowful, nihilistic_dragon and 10 others
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
If you had no sense of self, would you have any suffering or need for suicide?

• Hugs
Reactions: Zhendou
I

imnotsurewhy

Feb 19, 2024
I'm back after a five year absence. I thought I would give things a try, try to be positive and see a bright future. I even went to therapy and stopped my suicidal thoughts. Now I am back and nothing has changed since the first time. All the positive thinking did not convert to a positive life, the therapy didn't really help, it felt like I was hearing recycled tropes that the therapist had used with all their other clients. Avoiding suicidal thoughts actually made me feel more depressed, I think the thought of ctb is comforting. Everything came to a head last Wednesday and the old suicidal thoughts re-emerged with a vengeance. The only difference this time is that I am more resolute in doing it. I have tried to be a "normal" functional being but it just isn't me. I wasn't really happy, I was just going through the motions. It seems that once the suicide seed has been planted it doesn't stop growing.
I dont know what to say other than i m sorry that your efforts didnt work

• Hugs
Reactions: Zhendou
H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
If you had no sense of self, would you have any suffering or need for suicide?
It's the thought of having no sense of self after death that makes me want to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
It's the thought of having no sense of self after death that makes me want to ctb.
So if you were given ultimate proof and guarantee that you would have a sense of self after death, then ctb would lose it's appeal?

(I promise this conversation has aim and value if you care to continue it)

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
To be honest, as nihilistic as it sounds I think most people are just going through the motions. Most people keep themselves busy enough for dark thoughts not to surface and they don't have time to reflect or really think about things too much. And that works for them

I feel for you though, I also went several years where on the outside I had would seem to be a good, normal life, but it never changed the suicidal feelings

H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
So if you were given ultimate proof and guarantee that you would have a sense of self after death, then ctb would lose it's appeal?

Good question. It would certainly make me think twice. I am not religious and have never believed in an afterlife but thinking of death I do have some fear that if there is life after death it could be a whole lot worse.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

There is no way i'll ever believe in any god, computer simulation, afterlife, soul , reincarnation, magic , anything supernatural .

i believe me a human is just a machine an animal a bug, that first cell all life descended from.

why would a god care what an animal like me does from moment to moment?

Why is that an ant crawling to the left instead of the right important or that "i" wash clothes or take out the trash ? I think evolution and the culture / society programed our brain to think any of this , the world , or the universe or that i or we are anything or important valuable . what objective meaning could any action i take have . what objective meaning could life have ? life is meaningless suffering.

The only real thing to me is extreme pain and avoiding extreme pain through suicide

Reactions: GoatHerder and divinemistress36
Arahant

Arahant

Student
Jun 15, 2024
Good question. It would certainly make me think twice. I am not religious and have never believed in an afterlife but thinking of death I do have some fear that if there is life after death it could be a whole lot worse.
The reason I chunk it out into several questions was to hopefully help you sense a bit instead of simply think and understand.

Thing is, buddhists have for about 2600 years thought that life sucked with all it's meaningless suffering, and to end that suffering they do an empirical experiment called insight meditation to vanquish the illusion of self (attain enlightenment).
Various schools have various ways and methods to achieve this end (enlightenment), but to say it simply by quoting a zen monk:
"No self = No problems".

This is not some hokey woo woo spiritual alternative to suicide.
This is premium, top-shelf, luxurious and very thorough suicide.

To really determine if ctb is the best course of action we would need perfect certainty of the death and potential afterlife etc.
Without that, enlightenment is the best way to hedge bets.
Less suffering right now, later in life and after death (if you believe the magical thinking of buddhism).

Take it for a spin: Find where your sense of self is located.
Most people feel it as inside their skin, behind and between their eyes; the brain as a knot of tension.
OK, relax that knot of tension. Take your time, let it soften, expand, dilute, vanish.
It may happen in a second or a minute. If you fully relax that knot of "self", your suffering changes along with it. Maybe even stops temporarily.
There is no way i'll ever believe in any god, computer simulation, afterlife, soul , reincarnation, magic , anything supernatural .

i believe me a human is just a machine an animal a bug, that first cell all life descended from.

why would a god care what an animal like me does from moment to moment?

Why is that an ant crawling to the left instead of the right important or that "i" wash clothes or take out the trash ? I think evolution and the culture / society programed our brain to think any of this , the world , or the universe or that i or we are anything or important valuable . what objective meaning could any action i take have . what objective meaning could life have ? life is meaningless suffering.

The only real thing to me is extreme pain and avoiding extreme pain through suicide
I agree completely, life is suffering, god is a complete prick (if real, which I as an ex christian hope not), and meaning exists nowhere outside the minds of people and is thus relative and arbitrary.
Buddhists generally agree.

I am sorry that you are in extreme pain, and wish for it to be over forever for you.
Are we talking physical or emotional pain?
Have had a fair amount of both and it's brutal.

K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
For what it's worth, what's been done once is becomes easier to do again and that includes former modes of thinking. I remember when I first had ideation, I was mad at myself as it felt alien to me. But the grooves in the psyche have been cut and it's easier to fall back into the old ways of thinking just like a former addict has to be vigilant against relapse.

While this site can be used o accelerate ctb, for me it also serves as a stop gap to be able to know I'm not alone in the struggle and refine my personal ethical, moral and spiritual thoughts on suicide. Sorry you to hear your last round of recovery methods didn't bear fruit. If anything maybe they bought you some time but for what in the existential sense, that's for you to decide.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr and null_blank
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome back! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
It seems that once the suicide seed has been planted it doesn't stop growing.
Yeah, that's true. Once suicidal thoughts are manifested in our brain and our life doesn't get better despite effort they're growing and growing.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Welcome back. I hope you will find some benefit from this forum.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
I am both happy and sad you are back. Happy you feel comfortable here, and sad that you are once again having to seek relief.