D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
Hey guys! I will be ctb this Friday so I would appreciate all input because I don't know what to do.

I've been reading a lot lately and apparently autopsies aren't always done. Can someone confirm/correct me on this? (The idea is that they are very expensive, and if foul play isn't suspected, sometimes death will be ruled as a natural one without carrying out the autopsy. Again, can someone confirm/deny this?)

My family is super broke so if cost is a factor then an autopsy probably won't be done. Assuming an autopsy isn't always carried out, I want to take a gamble and make my death appear natural (I'm taking N btw).That means I won't be leaving a note. However, I have final wishes such as being cremated and to NOT have a body viewing (I have always found them really bizarre and I'd rather be remembered through pictures and not a dead body. Also my condition has changed my face a bit in the past few months and I don't want to be remembered like this generally).

How can I carry out these last wishes? I was thinking about relying on my ex.We are not on the greatest terms but he does believe people should have the right to do what they wish with their life, including suicide. He knows I'm planning to ctb and I can trust him. I was thinking to tell him I want to be cremated, and when I finally ctb, my family will contact him and he will tell them I've shared with him in the past that I only believe in cremation and no body viewing/wake beforehand.

Sorry for the long post. I'd appreciate any insight! Thanks<3

Reactions: Smilla, Trashcan, mattwitt and 1 other person
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
They normally do an autopsy if the case of death is unknown. Leaving a note about what you've done would make it less likely for them to do one.

Reactions: Smilla, lv-gras and Trashcan
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
They normally do an autopsy if the case of death is unknown. Leaving a note about what you've done would make it less likely for them to do one.
Damn. For me the whole point of not leaving a note is to make it look natural, because it would hurt my family far less than a suicide. With a suicide they will feel guilty and like they could have done something to prevent it.

Reactions: Astronauta and Trashcan
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
I asked a lawyer about this and she told me that I should write my last will
According to him, without this document, the people who decide on your body, would be your parents
Another option that he told me is that if you are legally married or in a relationship of fact, your partner could make your last wish come true.
Although this may work differently, depending on the country.
I am sorry

Reactions: Tiburcio
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
An autopsy would probably not get done on a cancer patient that died of cancer symptoms in a hospice. That's pretty obvious what killed them. But even then bodies are required for new students to practice on so it may get done anyway under supervision.

If you're youngish and there is no obvious cause of death an autopsy is 99% likely to happen along with a blood test for drugs/alcohol which will show up your n.
Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smilla
F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
Damn. For me the whole point of not leaving a note is to make it look natural, because it would hurt my family far less than a suicide. With a suicide they will feel guilty and like they could have done something to prevent it.
You could write in the note, that there was nothing left to do to prevent it.

D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
I asked a lawyer about this and she told me that I should write my last will
According to him, without this document, the people who decide on your body, would be your parents
Another option that he told me is that if you are legally married or in a relationship of fact, your partner could make your last wish come true.
Although this may work differently, depending on the country.
I am sorry
I'm in the US. I'm in my late 20s. Can I make a last will at this age? Is this something I have to do officially through a lawyer? What is the process if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks!

Reactions: anna
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
You could write in the note, that there was nothing left to do to prevent it.
Yeah when I was thinking about writing a note I was going to include that in there. But family, at least mine, won't accept that. They will always feel they could have done something more. If it's most likely an autopsy will be carried out, then I'll have to write a note. In that case, the hotel workers will find it. Will it be passed on to my family or used as some sort of evidence of my suicide?

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
I'm in the US. I'm in my late 20s. Can I make a last will at this age? Is this something I have to do officially through a lawyer? What is the process if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks!

You can, if you are of legal age (at least in Europe it is like that. I am sorry, I do not know the laws of the United States).
You just have to talk to a lawyer and he writes the document according to your wishes.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Done
F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
Yeah when I was thinking about writing a note I was going to include that in there. But family, at least mine, won't accept that. They will always feel they could have done something more. If it's most likely an autopsy will be carried out, then I'll have to write a note. In that case, the hotel workers will find it. Will it be passed on to my family or used as some sort of evidence of my suicide?
I dont know for sure. Situations may vary by country, but going by logic i would expect that a suicide note would be passed to your family and that it will be part of evidence that you did suicide.

Why would the hotel not pass the note to your family?

D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
I dont know for sure. Situations may vary by country, but going by logic i would expect that a suicide note would be passed to your family and that it will be part of evidence that you did suicide.

Why would the hotel not pass the note to your family?
I have no idea, I'm just asking because I don't know how these things work. Since I didn't commit suicide at home but at a hotel, and I am a dead girl at a major hotel chain, that maybe they would keep the note for evidence. It goes to their hands first and not my family's. I don't know how this works but I suppose I will just have to write a note and hope my family does receive it. I swear, not having family would make this process so much easier. The guilt is incredible.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Maravillosa and Justanotherconsumer
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
You can, if you are of legal age (at least in Europe it is like that. I am sorry, I do not know the laws of the United States).
You just have to talk to a lawyer and he writes the document according to your wishes.
Thank you for the info<3. I don't think I have the time to go through that process right now. I will just assume an autopsy will be done and will have to leave a note.

Reactions: anna
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Thank you for the info<3. I don't think I have the time to go through that process right now. I will just assume an autopsy will be done and will have to leave a note.

You're welcome :)
Good luck with what you decide

Reactions: Tiburcio
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
This may well have been said, but it depends where you live. I'm in the US and it even varies by state. In my state, any suspected suicide (ESPECIALLY if there's a note) or even "unknown" death gets an autopsy which doesn't really thrill me but hey! I'll be dead!

Reactions: Smilla and Done
D

Done

Student
Jul 28, 2018
This may well have been said, but it depends where you live. I'm in the US and it even varies by state. In my state, any suspected suicide (ESPECIALLY if there's a note) or even "unknown" death gets an autopsy which doesn't really thrill me but hey! I'll be dead!
Gotcha. So odd. Yeah I was trying to ease some burden that my family will inevitably have by my committing suicide. I was hoping to make my death appear natural but I guess there's no hard rule to the autopsy process. It's a case by case thing it seems. So unfortunately I won't be able to conceal the fact that this is a suicide and in that case I'll leave a note.