I am seen that way, but deep inside I'm 🥴🫠🫥🤯😵

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep, 710, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Yes, people think I'm normal and I look normal. My brain injury isn't apparent at first . I'm bat shit crazy

• Hugs
Reactions: Professor K, 710, corgiee and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Oh yes, I can appear very normal out in public, but most people I know have never seen me throw chairs across the room. It's not pretty, trust me lmao!

• Yay!
Reactions: green eyes, sserafim and divinemistress36
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Yeah, I blend in pretty easily.

Reactions: sserafim
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Sometimes. It can be noticeable something is off about me though, because of my poor coordination when walking, monotone voice, lack of eye contact, and general shyness.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Pluto, corgiee and 3 others
parallelluniverse

parallelluniverse

In Corpus Lamenti -into the body of lamentation...
Mar 3, 2024
I blend in so well no one notices me very often.

There's an occasional girl who is interested and my cover is blown.

Then occasionally I meet guys who want to exchange a few ideas until I manage to blend in again (and so well I may add) that I disappear into the background once more.

Apart from that I manage to be a normie quite well and distance myself fairly well...

...when I'm not trying for the sake of someone else that is, someone who is interested in me romantically, and I'm trying not to disappoint them.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Not really. We can mask exceptionally well sometimes, but we seem to give people an uncanny valley feel with our behavior and how awkward we are. And that's even if people don't so much as suspect we are trans... Just being autistic alone is enough. The less interaction, the better.

Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I guess so? I think I look and seem normal on the surface/outside

Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Oh yes, I can appear very normal out in public, but most people I know have never seen me throw chairs across the room. It's not pretty, trust me lmao!
I wish it was socially acceptable to throw things in front of people

Reactions: BrainShower, sserafim, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
corgiee

corgiee

Jun 29, 2023
yes, definitely. i might be a little weird to some people because im online a lot, and that might make my personality different from people who arent but i'm pretty sociable and i feel like i appear really normal in general

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
I'm super normal and friendly. I've been that way even while I was burning up with mental problems on the inside. I've never disclosed that to anyone.
I've lived like that for years without realizing the dangers of doing so. Now my life is nothing but a disaster.

Reactions: butterball, 710, Sukui and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Me trying to blend in with the humans.

Untitled

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, 4am, 710 and 3 others
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Me trying to blend in with the humans.

View attachment 131088
You're being hailed on another thread 🐈

Normality purely statistical. I would say, I'm generally perceived as normal, but when people talk to me, I definitely have my quirks: I have probably the greatest level of curiosity for all things of anybody you will ever meet. No joke.

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Pluto and sserafim
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
How do you know how your perceived unless you ask everyone?
Even then they may lie. You can never know with absolute certainty.

i honestly couldn't care less how i'm perceived. i don't value perceptions of people i don't really care about.

Reactions: 4am and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I have no way to know

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yes until interaction happens.
People can sense that something is off.

falling_snow

falling_snow

Arcanist
Aug 9, 2023
i can force myself to blend in, but if somebody "catches me off guard", they might see a pretty bad person.

like, im very bad-humoured, hate talking to people; but i can force myself to be "kind and comprehensive", and look like a good person.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Most people will make a comment that I'm shy/ quiet/ unconfident. They may pick up on a level of melancholy/ cynicism but I doubt they realise I'm suicidal.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Maybe to some people, but not to my closer friends and family…

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Most people will make a comment that I'm shy/ quiet/ unconfident. They may pick up on a level of melancholy/ cynicism but I doubt they realise I'm suicidal.
They call me shy and quiet as well, but that's just because I have nothing to say lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
Yes because I end up in the catch-22 where if ever I try opening up to anyone, I then 'play up' a whole ton which causes more issues. But I'm oddly/annoyingly fine if I don't. I quite like being in anonymous type busy places where I can do my thing and be around people without needing to communicate/draw attention - supermarket/high street/gym.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I think so. I don't think I draw much attention to myself and outside of me sometimes having trouble with responding to others when they randomly come up to talk to me (it causes me to panic and freeze up sometimes) I think most people precieve me as normal.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
i think that most ppl would perceive me as kinda weird

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
normal as in stable yeah i think

but not normal in other ways cause i'm autistic and stuff. it's like a stench. i'm always trying to be likeable and stuff but people can just smell it off me lolol

but i'd say like mental health wise. people probably suspect i'm depressed but i don't think they would assume i'm suicidal which is kind of funny because it's something that is thrashing at my core every 2 seconds

I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I think I mask my problems pretty well, which makes me appear normal, but inside I'm a mess and struggling. Also, I don't do most things so people don't get a chance to see me try to do things I really can't do.

Reactions: ConfusedClouds and sserafim
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
Absolutely. I go all-out with makeup and clothing so I look very put-together. No one suspects a thing even if I have mascara tears (they just think I'm doing a Harley Quinn cosplay 🫠)

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I've often been told by friends and acquaintances, and once even a stranger in passing, that I seem tired. But besides that, I think I'm viewed as normal. I've also been told that I seem chill (I credit the dissociation).

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I read a lot of poeple saying they seem normal but deep inside they are suffering but are hiding it to blend in.

I try to fit in and seem like a cheerful, confident and sociable person because that's what people like to see and that is valued the most in society.
People don't like negativity, silence and I know that.

But as much as I try to do so, I fail and appear as insecure, depressed, anxious, akward, uncomfortable and all of the other negative adjectives you can think of.
(I've been told this)

In reality, well, as you may guess it from my presence on this website, I'm not the happiest lad. I'd qualify myself as realistic.
I'm certain that no one is 100% perfect and happy. I don't think it is a bad thing, it just is.

However, I am much more bubbly and confident outside of the daily grind. I feel like such a different person in public and within the overcrowded city which I hate...
It's a shame people think I'm an unpleasant and uninteresting person.
Society emptied me from my soul and my true personality. I only act now.

Overall I don't care what people think of me, I've been okay with the fact that I'm seen as a bit of a weirdo.
The only thing that actually affects me is knowing that it might ruin my chances of having a job in the future.
Even more so with my autistic label I'm afraid...

All that matters is that I know who I am. Only I can know that.
What I portray, no matter negative or positive, differs from one person to another and is out of my control.
Some might seem very likable and attractive but if all they care about is the way they are being perceived, then they will never really be okay with who they are.