ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
It's weird. Sometimes I am 90% on whether I should CTB and then something happens and I'm like: "Well, I guess it's really a foregone conclusion. Back up to 100%. The only one who can't see it is me. It's pretty much destiny". I guess I should see the positive: the more that my decision gets reaffirmed, the less chance there is of me backing out.

This is a decision I took almost 20 years ago. I have given my life 2 decades to come right. It didn't. I have to fix it myselff. Haven't I given it enough time to come right?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 31858, Scacie, kunikuzushi and 3 others
T

Traveler VII

Sep 9, 2022
It's weird. Sometimes I am 90% on whether I should CTB and then something happens and I'm like: "Well, I guess it's really a foregone conclusion. Back up to 100%. The only one who can't see it is me. It's pretty much destiny". I guess I should see the positive: the more that my decision gets reaffirmed, the less chance there is of me backing out.

This is a decision I took almost 20 years ago. I have given my life 2 decades to come right. It didn't. I have to fix it myselff. Haven't I given it enough time to come right?
An interesting perspective, and one that we share.

You're being patient with yourself, which I feel is commendable; a hastily-made decision seldom ends well.

I've been grappling with the same choice for roughly the same period of time, grasping at certain "carrots" that I feel might make the chase worthwhile, only to be hit with feelings of intense demoralization and utter futility for increasingly lengthy periods.

Though it's certainly not ideal, I'm glad that this site still exists as something of a refuge for those of us whose struggles could be met with punitive measures if voiced elsewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: ChildrensITV, tryagain and Already Gone now
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case simply just existing here in this world makes me aware of the fact that to not exist is the more preferable option. Suicide is all that could ever feel right, wanting suicide is what is perfectly logical in this hellish world, as in fact suicide is self care as it removes the source of all suffering and solves all problems. Existing is what feels wrong instead, it's something so useless and unnecessary that I don't want anything to do with. It's a curse having the ability to suffer.

MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020
Yes, Ive took this desicion over 5 years ago. I didnt really give time to myself, Im just waiting for the right moment to come.

N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
My but life isn't really changing for me anymore. (I'm over 40). I'm just stuck here and it's not realistic to change anything that could make things better, also with my mental and physical health problems I just can't. I don't have the energy to move much anymore, certainly not to move to a new place or get away from the toxic people I live with.
My life sucked when I was in my 20s and 30s too but at least I had more energy for changing my life, hobbies, etc. I don't have that anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Traveler VII
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
What reaffirms my decision to CTB is that NOTHING is happening in my life, nor has anything happened in nearly 30 years that makes life worth living.

• Aww..
Reactions: Traveler VII and hamtaro